Are mushrooms the perfect crop?

Glad to hear it @manu_x32 - your base is looking sexy ;) 

As regards building the airflow tunnels, I make sure I have lots of ladders and build it in vertical strips, then deconstruct and finish building downwards as I exit through the bottom of the build - it takes a while, but I can't stand leaving debris in my systems, so my OCD takes over :D 

Glad the electrolyzer build worked out for you too - the ability to balance the saturation is my favourite part of it - happy you sussed it out :) 

9 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

As regards building the airflow tunnels, I make sure I have lots of ladders and build it in vertical strips, then deconstruct and finish building downwards as I exit through the bottom of the build - it takes a while, but I can't stand leaving debris in my systems, so my OCD takes over :D 

Ah that's how you built it! I went from bottom to top, also taking care of not leaving any debris (yeah a bit OCD too), but no matter how careful I was dupes would get entombed.  I wish they would make dupes a bit less dumb when building.... well, less dumb in general.    But I guess that's part of their charm. ;)

9 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Glad the electrolyzer build worked out for you too - the ability to balance the saturation is my favourite part of it - happy you sussed it out :) 

Yeah, it seems like the more hydrogen you keep up there, like the layer almost covering the whole upper part of the electrolyzer, the more oxygen you get in your base.  Not sure how that happens. I would have thought that the opposite would happen,  the big Hydrogen layer preventing the electrolyzers from producing as much.  Maybe electrolyzers don't think the air is saturated when they are partially covered by hydrogen, so they produce more. ;)

I'm now finally experimenting with the new oil devices, those are a whole new set of problems.  And I get naphta appearing here and there beside the machines, not sure why. I think some threads mentioned that, I'll search a bit...

Well after getting the oil upgrade properly running, I can vouch that shrooms are still the overpowered beasts we know and love. With a 38 x 4 setup of shrooms, I can afford to feed as many dupes as I can print, currently 29 and growing, and the food reserves keep growing at a steady pace. Don't seem to be wasting much time on them, as I can still get a ton of work done with food being a non-issue. Honestly haven't had the incentive to grow anything else, as the berries are a pain to set up and don't offer that much, specially considering they have a lower food satisfaction index than raw shrooms, sleet wheat requiring cooking to be edible, and pinchas being honestly useless, as I would have to grow two hard to care for crops, to get the same value I get right now from an easy one.

29 minutes ago, Pi2 said:

how do you not run out of slime for the shrooms?

Make the puffs my slaves. 

Here is my latest grow room for shroooms. I am really happy how it looks and funktions. With slime storage in chlorine on the side and it have over pressurized room of CO2 so that the slime cant sublimate. Same with chlorine storage. 

Shrooom

According to the wiki, a puft produces 175g/s of slime while  a mushroom consumes 6.7g/s. Since 3.125 mushroom/dupe or 5 mushroom/dupe are needed whether they eat mushrooms directly or cooked mushrooms, this makes a puft for every 8 dupes or a puft for every 5 dupes respectively. I'll need some more pufts.

18 hours ago, Pi2 said:

how do you not run out of slime for the shrooms?

Producing lots of polluted oxygen, and indeed using pufts. You can read the answers lifegrow gave me on page 3 of this thread. good tricks in there, for producing massive amounts of po2 using ph2o tunnels, and making sure pufts don't move much so they produce more...

Archived