Its my base

Looks like you're going to need a few more mealwood plants, lol. Also consider using farm tiles instead of planter boxes, since the boxes decrease decor like crazy and also take up more space. Farm tiles are better in every way right now, just higher tech.

Some objections:

At constant growth, 3.75 mealwood plants are needed to feed a dupe. Its growth is usually only going to be interrupted by stray puffs of chlorine or natural gas. So I would go with 4 mealwoods per dupe, making the farm exactly twice the size as your dormitory.

You're going to need cooling eventually, and it's not so clear to me where you will put it.

The gaps between the tiles and the ladders does not really create enough additional ventilation to be worth it to me. I just sprinkle a few gas permeable tiles around.

I would probably be putting my electrolyzer system right where your batteries are now. But maybe you are using enclosed electrolyzers below the image.

6 toilets is definitely overkill. I think this amount of wash basin paranoia is probably also overkill, but I've been playing on default immune system and have still had a few food poisoning events in ~60 cycles.

Are you actually using those grills? For mealwood (which is just crazy good in OU), it seems like you could just have one or more microbe mushers, or maybe just no cooking at all (to avoid the extra drain on water and power, at the cost of extra space).

Where does your polluted water go?

Where is your clean water bottler?

Otherwise I like it. It kind of reminds me of the design I was working on in my current colony, which is an array of 12x4 "pods" centered at the printer. I went with a 5x5 array for symmetry, since a 3x3 array is too small and a 4x4 array can't be symmetrized. But I think a 5x3 array would've been better (but definitely wider than tall, not the other way around like yours). After all, for 12 dupes (probably my final target) eating meal lice, you need 2 bed pods, 4 farm pods, 1 bathroom pod, 1 dining pod, for a total of 8 pods. 7 more pods is a pretty good amount of room to do stuff.

22 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

You don't need nearly that many washbasins.  You only really need them leading out of toilet rooms (and slime biomes) in most cases, unless food poisoning got out of hand at some point.

Food poisoning got out of hand at cycle 68 :p

22 hours ago, Ciderblock said:

Some objections:

At constant growth, 3.75 mealwood plants are needed to feed a dupe. Its growth is usually only going to be interrupted by stray puffs of chlorine or natural gas. So I would go with 4 mealwoods per dupe, making the farm exactly twice the size as your dormitory.

You're going to need cooling eventually, and it's not so clear to me where you will put it.

The gaps between the tiles and the ladders does not really create enough additional ventilation to be worth it to me. I just sprinkle a few gas permeable tiles around.

I would probably be putting my electrolyzer system right where your batteries are now. But maybe you are using enclosed electrolyzers below the image.

6 toilets is definitely overkill. I think this amount of wash basin paranoia is probably also overkill, but I've been playing on default immune system and have still had a few food poisoning events in ~60 cycles.

Are you actually using those grills? For mealwood (which is just crazy good in OU), it seems like you could just have one or more microbe mushers, or maybe just no cooking at all (to avoid the extra drain on water and power, at the cost of extra space).

Where does your polluted water go?

Where is your clean water bottler?

Otherwise I like it. It kind of reminds me of the design I was working on in my current colony, which is an array of 12x4 "pods" centered at the printer. I went with a 5x5 array for symmetry, since a 3x3 array is too small and a 4x4 array can't be symmetrized. But I think a 5x3 array would've been better (but definitely wider than tall, not the other way around like yours). After all, for 12 dupes (probably my final target) eating meal lice, you need 2 bed pods, 4 farm pods, 1 bathroom pod, 1 dining pod, for a total of 8 pods. 7 more pods is a pretty good amount of room to do stuff.

The rest of my base :D

i will tray to trap some puffs to take out these polluted oxygen out of it.

Sem título.png

For the outhouse sections, I would suggest doing "2 outhouses, 1 compost, 3 water basin" instead of what you have right now.  Dupes carrying germy polluted soil will lead to germs getting out if you separate the 2 sections like that.

Also, I'm curious as to where you're putting the bottle emptier...  Because when dupes carry the germy water from water basin, he'd be covered in germs, and that would cause a mess in your base as well.

Placing your medial area at the top of you base is a bad position. It should be near the bottom and enclosed with Gas Permeable tiles and those screen door airlocks to contain Food Poisoned Dupes. Also the floor should be made out of Permeable tiles so the puke they make collects in a PW reservoir, so you don't have to clean their mess up. You can't do that now with this built since your energy facility is just below your living area.

Your Water Airlock can be a little more stream lined. You You only need to make the pit 2 tiles high to make a seal, so the ladders aren't necessary. As long as the Water touches the bottom of the middle hanging tile the seal is solid.

Looks okay, but I am honest, I hate symmetrical bases. It looks boring as hell. My opinion. How many wash basins u have ? Incredible. And your methane gas park is oversized, because a Geyser pull out 750g/s. In AU it was 120 up to 300 per geyser. I have in my base with 24 Dupes only 2 methane geysers and it is to much methane gas. And the fertilizer.... u don't need it! Maybe one or two of them, but than with round about 20 sleet farms or more.

• In my save i have 100 Pepper Plants (To few for feed up 24 Dupes only with the best food!)
  • 56 Bristle Bossum Plants in use
  • 40 Sleet Weed Plants in use
  • 20 stifled Mealwood! Who Cares? I hate Mealwood. Its boring!
  • Round about 50 Dusk Cap Plants for Fried Mushrooms.  Rescue Plant!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122606833

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122606329

Archived