Do you find night boring? Here is what i think

I think night is kinda annoying

Of course you need some natural way to push you back to your base. If there was no night you would just explore non stop. But you dont get to gain anything from a huge night (example winter). Some mushrooms or some weird wendy's boost. But its  not bringing much.

My idea which i will apply to my new server is. Longer dusk. You still have the sanity drain, you have night chill in your base, but you can actually do things other than sleeping and cooking.

11 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

You don't need to stand around in your base at night, doing nothing.

Just make a torch or lantern.

Exactly. Just make a lantern - or better yet, 10 lantern's - so You don't have to go to caves that often.

Night is annoying, for me, only when i'm not well prepared. Either i should have something to do at the base during night (crafting stuff, making food, harvesting something, preparing expedition), or i should do a torch and go exploring. If i stay all night waiting for day, then yes, night is boring. But i shouldn't do this.

I actually like night. Its a time for my character to mostly relax and do item management or base cleanup. Also during this time is when I start planning my next day of activity that way I waste very little sunlight minutes.

Actually I like having a break every now and again. Sometimes I actually am productive at night, there's lots of way to do that, most simple would just be using a miner hat or lantern and doing whatever you would normally do. Or if it's winter and you need to warm up, you could refine logs into boards or refine whatever you need for an upcoming project. These are just a couple ways to remain productive but there's MUCH more.

Anyways how to remain productive was not my point. My point was sometimes I actually enjoy just staring at a fire for a night

Archived