Shadow *jazz* Hands

On 7/10/2018 at 4:52 AM, minespatch said:
  1. She has the air of the queen of England. "We are not amused."
  2. Wearing that snortle shell with the top hat, Wilson kind of reminded me of that one character from Neverending story. I get the same vibe with your drawing.
  3. This one makes me think of MY Fair Lady with Rex Harrison. Would be funny to see Wilson be almost misanthropic as MAxwell.:wilson_ecstatic:
  4. There's a Jekyl and Hyde vibe with this piece. IT'd be awesome to see a animation of his arm gradually growing bulky.
  5. Despite this looking like MAxwell as a preacher, he looks like he's singing opera here.

Yo! It's been a while.

1. She's taunting Charlie by the looks of it XD
  2. LOL
  3. look he's passing a note > u >. That's prolly just a facade
  4. Oh wouldn't that be wonderful! But I'm having a hard time finding the opportunity to learn frame by frame animation :(. I got my inspiration from Sabrina Cotugno's "The Glass Scientist". Web comic just started i highly recommend you check it out :).
  5. well he should... cuz he's gonna marry this particular couple that's why and the Forge wasn't getting any smaller XD

__________________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Forge, the Gorge then the inevitable Merge...

Some mildly relevant doodle dumps. Some of you may have seen some of these in discord...

20180710_1.thumb.jpg.be0f34908ecf9f1aa4af0abc6883365b.jpg

I keep changing how i draw Wilson. This appears to be my most legit one IMO.

and in preparation for that upcoming project of mine >_>, I did a Maxwell study doodle

20180710_2_2.thumb.jpg.1f57db8cd42baf4dbe7d0fd4ae5a1a3a.jpg           20180710_2_1.thumb.jpg.4d9d9b9c8052cbfd6d257b2368ded7a5.jpg

more to come...

P.S. I just realized it takes me an average of 4 hours to complete a character QuQ.

Edited by vixenine
  • Like 8

20 hours ago, vixenine said:

20180710_2_2.thumb.jpg.1f57db8cd42baf4dbe7d0fd4ae5a1a3a.jpg           20180710_2_1.thumb.jpg.4d9d9b9c8052cbfd6d257b2368ded7a5.jpg

You did very well on Maxwell here, in both of these. They look a lot like him, undeniably so, but are more realistic than the game itself at the same time. I think my favorite is how the hat floats with the wand as he pulls out a timid-looking jackalope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, vixenine said:
  1. 20180710_1.thumb.jpg.be0f34908ecf9f1aa4af0abc6883365b.jpg
  2.  20180710_2_1.thumb.jpg.4d9d9b9c8052cbfd6d257b2368ded7a5.jpg
  1. Nice work capturing his youthful face while also showing he's in his thirties. Wilson's a balancing act of age.
  2. I bet this is your first time capturing William Carter's appearance onto paper. Though I'm a bit miffed at how DST contradicts the puzzles. In DS, they imply he's tall before and after but with DST he's "shorter in person"...5a5ab3d31d47f_Arielinternalfrustration.png.7c234e5d8c237bccc0568cbd759e9ade.png

Yeah, sorry for the wait, been trying to catch up with notifications. Gorge kept me busy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, minespatch said:
  1. Nice work capturing his youthful face while also showing he's in his thirties. Wilson's a balancing act of age.
  2. I bet this is your first time capturing William Carter's appearance onto paper. Though I'm a bit miffed at how DST contradicts the puzzles. In DS, they imply he's tall before and after but with DST he's "shorter in person"...5a5ab3d31d47f_Arielinternalfrustration.png.7c234e5d8c237bccc0568cbd759e9ade.png

Yeah, sorry for the wait, been trying to catch up with notifications. Gorge kept me busy.

I think it's just a diffirence in art styles. Sorry for having to quote the entire thing, I'm on mobile and my phone crashes whenever I try to edit a quote.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 3:14 AM, minespatch said:

In DS, they imply he's tall before and after but with DST he's "shorter in person"...5a5ab3d31d47f_Arielinternalfrustration.png.7c234e5d8c237bccc0568cbd759e9ade.png

On 7/12/2018 at 3:29 AM, Raspberry Milk said:

I think it's just a diffirence in art styles.

I failed to notice this but @Raspberry Milk does have a point. 

On 7/12/2018 at 3:14 AM, minespatch said:

It's okay brah you're good. I'm happy to see you around again XD.

On 7/11/2018 at 4:00 PM, gallusvarius said:

You did very well on Maxwell here, in both of these. They look a lot like him, undeniably so, but are more realistic than the game itself at the same time.

Thanks :D. Maxwell is one of my least favorite characters to draw tbh but i got the hang of drawing him recently. Your feedback is well appreciated :)

And so my Maxwell study continues...

ScanImage001.thumb.jpg.ecc2e778dfa7ded899b491c97ccd38fb.jpg

(Alchemaxy the notsogladiator)

There can be only two probable causes why Maxwell exhibits this kind of demeanor:

1. He's inebriate.
  2. He's low on nicotine 

both leading to rapid decrease in sanity that can only be remedied with tobacco. He never gets a proper cigarette break in the Forge XD. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, vixenine said:

There can be only two probable causes why Maxwell exhibits this kind of demeanor:

Well, if you look the skin you may notice that it's not dapper, as well as many of his more recent skins. Due to the loss of his dapperness, Maxwell has become clinically insane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Well, if you look the skin you may notice that it's not dapper, as well as many of his more recent skins. Due to the loss of his dapperness, Maxwell has become clinically insane.

I think Maxwell just tends to lose his cool more easily than he used to. But i guess getting clothes that don't appeal to his sense of fashion does drive him crazy XD

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, vixenine said:

Oh wouldn't that be wonderful! But I'm having a hard time finding the opportunity to learn frame by frame animation

If it helps, Klei have videos on animation on their Twitch channel.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:27 AM, vixenine said:

P.S. I just realized it takes me an average of 4 hours to complete a character QuQ.

Quality takes time ;)

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 7:27 PM, vixenine said:

Oh wouldn't that be wonderful! But I'm having a hard time finding the opportunity to learn frame by frame animation :(. I got my inspiration from Sabrina Cotugno's "The Glass Scientist". Web comic just started i highly recommend you check it out :).

Er... I've been reading it since last year.57a54933963ed_arielsweats.png.7e7d7f360bc047ce1e14cd4d6acd52e6.pngHope that doesn't make me sound like a hipster.

On 7/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, vixenine said:
  1. It's okay brah you're good. I'm happy to see you around again XD.
  2. ScanImage001.thumb.jpg.ecc2e778dfa7ded899b491c97ccd38fb.jpg
  3.  He never gets a proper cigarette break in the Forge XD. 
  1. Now that Gorge is over, I can finally catch up.577b34aec7272_arielcrashes.png.0805fabafa52b076ba1781e9ac6661db.png
  2. So much energy in this piece! You even have his silhouette in consideration.
  3. 578c39481d26a_Wilsonhashadenoughwithmaxwell.png.ce2f204374c213e671a933333426f130.png
    Probably in general. Does he even have cigar animation in game?:wilson_ecstatic:
On 7/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, Raspberry Milk said:

um4.thumb.png.cfcb025fe6a8312f35e7f9994dc4aa2a.png

Wickerbottom could stuff a book in his mouth if he mouths off to her.:wilson_sneaky:#Maxwelltorture

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Probably in general. Does he even have cigar animation in game?

When you wake up in normal DS he's holding a cigar. He only has it in these illusions of himself though, so I'm not actually sure if he really smokes or not. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2018 at 12:32 PM, gallusvarius said:

When you wake up in normal DS he's holding a cigar. He only has it in these illusions of himself though, so I'm not actually sure if he really smokes or not.

I mean in DST. Could be a funny idle animation to sneak one out of his codex.:wilson_sneaky:

On 7/24/2018 at 8:36 AM, DragonMage156 said:

You should put that in Maxwell Memes if you haven't already XD

Already did. I searched deep into my archives for that.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1

Hi guys. Miss me? If so then here's some art :D

5bcb39c82dd4d_PracticeLOL.thumb.jpg.d5c091ee343f22fcc406f3d46d5731ac.jpg

Sorry about the unwarranted hiatus. Need to take care of a lot of school work and stuff. But I got the opportunity to learn how to transition from paper scribbles to digital (hooray). So here I have a practice SAI sketch of Wilson and Webber just hanging out doing their stuff. I have a lot to improve on shading but so far I'm happy with the results. 

• Like 7

Hello guys. I know this is late but I just wanna draw Gladiator Wilson one last time

ds.thumb.jpg.2456b28d329a9d76de5dd227b96c48ac.jpg

Probably the first and last thing i'll be uploading for the month of November. School has been a lot busy as of late and I'm having a hard time trying to do two jobs while keeping up. I have to resist drawing or I'll fall behind studies. I really need to make it through this semester. 

For the mean time, I appreciate that you guys still look forward to see my doodles. It really means a lot to me. :)

• Like 7

I find it kind of weird that the cast has two different skins of the same theme now. With the Hallowed nights and Forge. I'm sure Wilson's going to have a hard time choosing in his closet whether he'd wear gladiator or magma...5aefdeba06b63_wilsonthonc.png.e1a6c19d47df44913f8d49249edbad85.png

Oh man, that life staff sure got fancy in this piece.:wilson_ecstatic:

Good luck with school. Hoping you'll get a break for the winter.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vixenine said:

Probably the first and last thing i'll be uploading for the month of November. School has been a lot busy as of late and I'm having a hard time trying to do two jobs while keeping up. I have to resist drawing or I'll fall behind studies. I really need to make it through this semester.

Yeah, the workload certainly increases at this time of year. Super glad that you drew and posted this anyway, and I really hope you do well in your studies!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 7:34 PM, vixenine said:

Hello guys. I know this is late but I just wanna draw Gladiator Wilson one last time

As usual, I love the realism you incorporate into the characters!  The recenter webber you did is my favorite, since it's tricky to give realism to that which isn't actually real - But at least it's definitely fun! 

• Like 1

Hi guys. It's been a while. Hope y'all doing okay. It's been over a month since i finished my Masters degree and with Hollow Knight eating my brains, I couldn't be anymore wrong to think that i'll be less busier than usual. But I so happen to draw something out of a whim. 

20190201_135016.thumb.jpg.f730164611423b73a00612e932bd504a.jpg

kinda based off this:

350?cb=20140330212641

I can't promise anymore art while i'm still out there looking for a job. But the DS fandom is probably still my favorite subject for art. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, vixenine said:

Hollow Knight eating my brains

Oh jeepers yeah that happened to me about a year ago. This is the best way to put it.

18 hours ago, vixenine said:

draw something out of a whim. 

It's lovely! Wendy's hands are nice and expressive, and that crow to the right has loads of personality.

It's good to see you're back and well. Job-searching can be the most nerve wracking thing ever, so I wish you the best of luck. Congratulations on your Master's too! Would you mind sharing what field you were studying?

• Like 2

On 2/2/2019 at 8:52 AM, ResettePlayer said:

Would you mind sharing what field you were studying?

I just finished my Masters Degree in...

Spoiler

Chemical Engineering

Glad you asked though. That's my bread and butter but art remains my passion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1