If you have finished part two (you don't have to post your codes here anymore we got the data we needed to solve part three <3)

@MrDeepDarkmind It doesn't look like you're following my procedure, unless I'm just not recognizing a partial solution... At no point should you have ABCDEF entered in, unless you've already found those to be the correct positions. Try following this again?

8 hours ago, rezecib said:

Basically, both of the sets of symbols pair up. So we can use the same term for them. Let's call the players Player 1 and Player 2. They both get ABC,DEF, just in a different font or something. Just to show you how I'm listing the tiles, if they put in ABC,DEF it would look like this:

A B C
D E F

First, Player 1 puts in AAA,AAA; one of these is in the correct position.

A A A
A A A

Player 2 tries to find out where A belongs; they will fill A into the area they want to check, and fill the rest with the next symbol, in this case B. First they check the top half by putting  AAA,BBB, if that gives a light then they know A was in one of the top 3, otherwise it's in the bottom 3. Then they divide that area in two and test the split. Let's say it was the top; they do ABB,BBB. If that gives a light, then they know A belongs in the first spot. Otherwise, it's in the next two; try each of those until they get it. Let's say Player 2 ends up with ABB,BBB.

Now Player 1 can try to find the location of B; it must be in one of the slots where Player 2 has put B. Player 1 tests the first two slots by putting in ABB,CCC. If another light turns on, then they know it's in the two remaining top spots. Otherwise, it's in the bottom 3. They then divide the area where it is into two parts and test, just like above, until they find it and submit. Let's say they arrive at ABC,CCC.

Now Player 2 can search for C's correct position. They try ABC,CDD. If that gives a third light, then it's in top right or bottom left. Continue dividing in two and testing until they find it.

... then repeat until you get all of them. The last two should require only two tries to get both.

Archived