Can you kill Dragonfly without walls or ice flingomatics?

First of all, you can kill her with any character. I did kill her as wes with 1 helmet, 1 ham bat and a few pans flute charges. Though using only 3-5 flute charges reliably as Wes is kinda tricky.

Second of all, linked video is kinda old. Lavaes can go through dfly now(pretty sure?).

Third of all, I did write main aspects of my experience with dfly there. Its pretty dirty and barely readable, but it already driven me mad.

3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

I wanna kill it, but the whole process seems so tedious. Is there a way of killing it without like game exploits?

Why would you assume there isn't? It would be a horrifyingly bad game design if you could only defeat her using exploits. Not that the game's design isn't quite bad already.

55 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Why would you assume there isn't? It would be a horrifyingly bad game design if you could only defeat her using exploits. Not that the game's design isn't quite bad already.

Because the Dragonfly, along with the Bee Queen and Toadstool were made into or made specifically to be raid bosses. Defeating a boss with HP in the quintuple digits isn't going to be an easy task with one player as opposed to the intended multiple players, that's why we see so many people relying on stacks of supplies or large groups of friendly (or in the case of Wickerbottom, unfriendly) mobs, if they've decided to take on the raid bosses at all.

Sure, it's doable, but for the average (lonely) player? It's daunting, man. They also didn't say anything about assuming there wasn't a way to defeat the Dragonfly without exploits, don't words in their mouth :wilsondisapproving:

There's an allusion to be made to MMOs with their truly epic boss fights needing oh so many players to defeat, but as I don't play MMOs it will go unmade. 

4 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Do I have to be Wolfgang?

Not at all, but you will need to have the qualities of Wolfgang, high damage output, HP and speed, all can be substituted through items.

26 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

They also didn't say anything about assuming there wasn't a way to defeat the Dragonfly without exploits, don't words in their mouth :wilsondisapproving:

There's an allusion to be made to MMOs with their truly epic boss fights needing oh so many players to defeat, but as I don't play MMOs it will go unmade.

Yes they did, they didn't phrase their sentence as "what are some ways that you could defeat the Dragonfly without exploits" but instead as "are there any ways that you could defeat you could defeat the Dragonfly without exploits". The former assumes there are, the latter doesn't and The KingOfSquirrels worded it as the former. Context is everything.

4 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Do I have to be Wolfgang?

If you want to make things easier, then yeah; Wolfgang with full belly and a dark sword or something can knock out the Dragonfly with enough tanking, allowing you to get cheap hits.

1 hour ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Yes they did, they didn't phrase their sentence as "what are some ways that you could defeat the Dragonfly without exploits" but instead as "are there any ways that you could defeat you could defeat the Dragonfly without exploits". The former assumes there are, the latter doesn't and The KingOfSquirrels worded it as the former. Context is everything.

If you want to make things easier, then yeah; Wolfgang with full belly and a dark sword or something can knock out the Dragonfly with enough tanking, allowing you to get cheap hits.

2 hours ago, Ressayez said:

Because the Dragonfly, along with the Bee Queen and Toadstool were made into or made specifically to be raid bosses. Defeating a boss with HP in the quintuple digits isn't going to be an easy task with one player as opposed to the intended multiple players, that's why we see so many people relying on stacks of supplies or large groups of friendly (or in the case of Wickerbottom, unfriendly) mobs, if they've decided to take on the raid bosses at all.

Sure, it's doable, but for the average (lonely) player? It's daunting, man. They also didn't say anything about assuming there wasn't a way to defeat the Dragonfly without exploits, don't words in their mouth :wilsondisapproving:

Not at all, but you will need to have the qualities of Wolfgang, high damage output, HP and speed, all can be substituted through items.

3 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

I've never seen it done without exploits, so my bad.

Archived