First thing to try after update?

I want to test if water still disappears completely if you have a drop of 20 tiles or more. As it is now (disclaimer: haven't actually tested with the existing version but before last update) you can pump water into a pipe, have a vent 20 tiles above and no water ever hits the ground. Not even grams.

also noticed that in my last base where i lost 10 huge contaminated water pools when i dug out all the slime areas, let it all drain to the bottom and there was barely nothing there!

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

I want to test if water still disappears completely if you have a drop of 20 tiles or more. As it is now (disclaimer: haven't actually tested with the existing version but before last update) you can pump water into a pipe, have a vent 20 tiles above and no water ever hits the ground. Not even grams.

i had drops far larger then 20 tiles maybe even 100 and water does not disappear completely, although very little remains in the end. Do not know if it's the stairs fault or the high drops.

6 hours ago, Saturnus said:

That hasn't been true in my experience, i drop the contaminated water from my main tank way more than 20 tiles and most of it seems to make it down. If I were to break the wall of the tank and let it fall, that's a different story. In my experience if you drop water straight down, as in dig from underneath, there's not too much lost.

20170315031949_1.jpg

20170315193831_1.jpg

28 minutes ago, bzgzd said:

Well ...

• Improved mass conservation of falling liquids

Needs more improvements :(

https://youtu.be/1Qk0hOC_8Rg

I've lol'd this very much. So sad to see for developers that their hard work need more thinking... in the other hand... We, users just get fortunate from this. Game will be better. Keep it guys!

4 hours ago, D7X said:

That hasn't been true in my experience, i drop the contaminated water from my main tank way more than 20 tiles and most of it seems to make it down. If I were to break the wall of the tank and let it fall, that's a different story. In my experience if you drop water straight down, as in dig from underneath, there's not too much lost.

the test is for stairs/diagonal setup.

Archived