I would also recommend a manual backup. I just copied every file from documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta to another directory, and do it like every week or when I had some important progress. Takes just a few seconds, but can be useful.

Oh god, I definitely feel for ya!  I've had many worlds (usually in singleplayer) get wiped out RIGHT when I was about to hit a new milestone--for example, it seems the game does _not_ want you to get to Day 100--hounds always come right before then.  BIG hound wave.  I did most of my 500-day world by myself and almost bit the dust on the days between 400 and 500 many times!  So yeah, I've been there.

As for what to do...I'm sorry, but as far as I know once the world has actually regenned you...can't do anything unless you had a backup.  :(  If you "only" die, you can disconnect before the countdown finishes and rollback to the last save before whatever it was killed you showed up and be more prepared this time, but if the world has indeed actually reset?  Sorry.  :(

...Notorious

(laughs) I am VERY surprised this method wasn't mentioned earlier!  It's totally the thing _I_ thought of, first.

Still, that sucks.  Jokes aside, there's nothing you CAN do at this point and that's it.  If you didn't make a backup in the past...there's no way to get one now.  :(

...Notorious

Archived