Gases/Liquids being destroyed

On 24/02/2017 at 5:31 PM, Risu said:

To be more precise, avoid letting partial fluid blobs merge where the combined mass overflows.
There is a known bug (with a known fix) and I hope the devs notice it soon.

Would be nice if they noticed, because watching oxygenator swallowing 10 kg after 10kg just hurts.

damn..

that's a lot of loss.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:05 AM, Octyabr said:

Pro tip: avoid filters, bridges and valves.

so, i'm using valve to break the water into smaller part because most of the machines only take 1kg, while the pump send 10kg.

this actually backfire at me?

lol..

if they don't have a fix soon.

they should make the pump take less, or make the machine take more.

56 minutes ago, Zervo said:

this actually backfire at me?

Yeah, just yesterday I watched valve steadily taking 10kg/s while letting 1kg/s out. Should be fixed in next hotfix.

My current system to go around this is to have bio distilleries (outputs 1kg) straight to purifier (takes max 5kg/s, outputs max 5kg/s) and that straight to electrolyzer (takes 1kg/s)

If a liquid is dropped enough height, it actually vanishes on the way down. You can see the drops but there's not at the bottom. It can actually be used constructively. Let your base stairwell shaft extend at least 32 tiles below the lowest level you want, delete the stairs as they seem to mess up the modelling. And watch how all contaminated water from stress barf just vanishes on the way down.

Just out of curiosity because of something I'd read in another thread, I attached 23 pipe bridges to a liquid pump submerged in water. According to the tooltips, for every 120Kg pumped, 2,500g came out the other end. Only one blob would come out for ~every 12 blobs pumped, and that one blob was down to grams. What was even weirder was before the water even hit the first bridge, as it passed a 90 degree bend, 50% of the blobs vanished.

15 minutes ago, Targa_X said:

Just out of curiosity because of something I'd read in another thread, I attached 23 pipe bridges to a liquid pump submerged in water. According to the tooltips, for every 120Kg pumped, 2,500g came out the other end. Only one blob would come out for ~every 12 blobs pumped, and that one blob was down to grams. What was even weirder was before the water even hit the first bridge, as it passed a 90 degree bend, 50% of the blobs vanished.

Suppose to be 10kg in each blob pumped. The bridge bug should be fixed in the near future.

2 minutes ago, Targa_X said:

Yup...

Yikes.  That is still a rather large amount of loss.  I haven't looked into the code, but from the outside looking in, I really don't understand how they have so much loss in this system.  A 1% loss over the system or something could be explainable maybe...but being able to just lose 100% via a few bridges/valves like that seems rather confusing.

12 minutes ago, Vilda said:

The patch actually fixed what it says it fixes. Problem is, there apparently is no check if the pump should actually pump and will work even if there is no space in the pipe.

It does shut down if its storage is full.

Ok, that was partly my fault for not checking the version number with the patch version number, but when I double and triple checked Steam, it said "always keep this game up to date", and "this game is up to date". Yet I still had the old version. I had to use "verify integrity of game cache" to get the latest update.

Archived