[Game Update] - 202070 (BETA 202115)

There should be items you can craft to start the Winter's Feast/Hallowed Nights events for a few days in already existing worlds. Some gems and a couple of items related to the event maybe?

You'd have to balance things like making tree planter presents have a smaller chance of giving panflutes and walrus drops, but it's a bit disappointing that I can't use the special winter foods/ornaments and halloween candies as base decoration without using a console command to start the event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

There should be items you can craft to start the Winter's Feast/Hallowed Nights events for a few days in already existing worlds. Some gems and a couple of items related to the event maybe?

You'd have to balance things like making tree planter presents have a smaller chance of giving panflutes and walrus drops, but it's a bit disappointing that I can't use the special winter foods/ornaments and halloween candies as base decoration without using a console command to start the event.

Hey, this is a really good idea actually. Sorta like the event triggers in terraria....

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

Or Klaus could drop all the Winter's feast stuff, including blueprints for tree planters.

Am entirely down for this. If the gift mechanic is deemed too powerful of a reward from him, you can even make it so the gifts only happen if it's winter's feast.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mochilo said:

Am I missing something if I keep playing on a world done during winter event? Should I make a new one for different content?

You're missing the event skins. That's basically it. Potentially in the future this'll make you miss out on other content, and for now you do miss out on the halloween event like this, but yeah.

7 hours ago, mochilo said:

Am I missing something if I keep playing on a world done during winter event? Should I make a new one for different content?

58 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

You're missing the event skins. That's basically it. Potentially in the future this'll make you miss out on other content, and for now you do miss out on the halloween event like this, but yeah.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter when the server was created (during which or none event) until the "event" setting is default. So if you didn't change it to Hallowed Nights or anything else, you won't miss any future event. Of course, the event skins are lost, but you can't keep them anyways, world settings and creation time doesn't affect it.

4 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

But are there new event skins right now? I know it could happen in the future, but what I'd like to know if there is something new I'm missing right now in the new update :)

10 minutes ago, mochilo said:

But are there new event skins right now? I know it could happen in the future, but what I'd like to know if there is something new I'm missing right now in the new update :)

Nothing new.

The event skins (the ones with the yellow borders) are gone. If you crafted said items with those skins, they are still there, but you can't craft it anymore. Not sure how the 'Event' World setting works, though.

Edited by WishIHadAFridge
Misread the OP.
  • Like 1

Excluding the 4 winter skins that everyone got, winter skins that could be found like the artic vargling, can't no longer be found or you can still find them in the game now that winter feast is gone?

If they can't no longer be found, you can keep them or they are gone with the winter feast?

10 minutes ago, LordChicken said:

Excluding the 4 winter skins that everyone got, winter skins that could be found like the artic vargling, can't no longer be found or you can still find them in the game now that winter feast is gone?

If they can't no longer be found, you can keep them or they are gone with the winter feast?

The winter skins were limited, they don't drop anymore but you can use the ones you got during the event

4 minutes ago, LordChicken said:

Oh ok now i get it, uff i really wanted some winter pets...

whatever thanks for your help mochilo

You can find them in the market if you are really interested. At the moment some of them are not too expensive, but I guess the prices could grow next months

http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?q=&category_322330_TYPE[]=tag_PET&appid=322330

Edited by mochilo