<default>'s winter-themed reskins (and more)

Here we go:

The festive thing this whole dang thread was about in the first place.

If you've encountered any bugs/crashes, please let me know.

And if you have any ideas for more quotes, let me know as well. Most of the items use a single quote for all characters at the moment.

New update next week, with more character-specific items and all that good stuff.

I'll wait until Klei shows what kind of skins they have up their sleeve that they didn't show during the beta. I've heard there's some more skins that they could add when their festive update goes live.

• Like 7

Just now, PanAzej said:

Here we go:

The festive thing this whole dang thread was about in the first place.

If you've encountered any bugs/crashes, please let me know.

And if you have any ideas for more quotes, let me know as well. Most of the items use a single quote for all characters at the moment.

New update next week, with more character-specific items and all that good stuff.

I'll wait until Klei shows what kind of skins they have up their sleeve that they didn't show during the beta. I've heard there's some more skins that they could add when their festive update goes live.

I'm the first to thank you for this magnificent thing. Feels good. If you want any quote ideas, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

On 14.12.2016 at 0:20 PM, Arlesienne said:

I'm the first to thank you for this magnificent thing. Feels good. If you want any quote ideas, feel free to ask.

Well, any quotes would be nice, really. Only ones that I've finished so far are Festivizer's and both Festive Canes.

maxweru_itemmu.jpg

Maxwell's item. It's a Dark Sword reskin. Yup.

• Like 11

Just now, PanAzej said:

Well, any quotes would be nice, really. Only ones that I've finished so far are Festivizer's and both Festive Canes.

maxweru_itemmu.jpg

Maxwell's item. It's a Dark Sword reskin. Yup.

I LOVE IT. Let me take a look at the quote strings, I can send you a PM here or on Steam so that you can use/tweak any you like.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Walter0 said:

Can I get a .png file of the reskin..?

Here you go:

bouquet.png

10 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

PS @PanAzej, I've got most of the quotes done, expect a PM in a couple of hours.

Thanks a ton!

---

The update is live. Featuring:

- A new item, craftable by Maxwell: The Shadow Bouquet!
- Added a lot of new quotes, thanks Arlesienne!
- Updated Festivizer coding to use a new option available in the newest DST build;
- You can now dye Wilson's beard as other characters.

I wanted to wait with this update until I'm done with more things, but since I've got informed that my mod is getting featured, I just had to push the new update already :p

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 4

pk.PNG

This big guy takes some time to draw. I've also redrawn every single part of his body, just so it's not looking too jarring that some body parts are higher quality than the others.

Not sure if Pig-elves will make it, but I just have to make the Pig King. C'mon, he's too iconic to not be "festivized".

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

When you say... "pig elves", you mean midget versions of pigmen?

I'm referring to this image I posted sometime ago in this thread :)

Pig King's sanity obelisks will probably also be added.

Beefalo bell... not so much. I'd like to be done with this mod before New Year comes around. And Wolfgang's Statue from 3 different angles, Wigfrid's Hat from 4 different angles, and reanimated-from-the-ground new version of Abigail's Flower will take some time to make.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Arlesienne said:

'Tis HOGFATHER!

Again, shoot me the new strings if you'd like me to write custom dialogue :).

Will definitely do! I'll see if new quotes for this version of Pig King/Candy-Obelisks can be implemented without much problem.

But that's after the graphics are done. I start with graphics most of the time, just because it's the part of modding I'm the best at. But coding is  very rewarding as well!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PanAzej said:

Will definitely do! I'll see if new quotes for this version of Pig King/Candy-Obelisks can be implemented without much problem.

But that's after the graphics are done. I start with graphics most of the time, just because it's the part of modding I'm the best at. But coding is  very rewarding as well!

I also wonder if you want custom quotes for your modded chars like Little My and Barczak. We have them on our current server and they are utterly lovable. Could have their own lines.

9 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I also wonder if you want custom quotes for your modded chars like Little My and Barczak. We have them on our current server and they are utterly lovable. Could have their own lines.

Oh, those characters? Well, they need a major update/overhaul. Their code is very badly written (especially Barczak, who's code is basically Ysovuka's Wortox, but modified in a very, very confusing way), and they could use some touch-ups to their graphics, as well as get properly updated builds.

There's also an API coming soon, which will allow adding full-body reskins to custom characters, which I'm looking forward to!

Here's what I have in store for Barczak, for example:

soos3.png

If you'd like to write new quotes for those characters, go ahead! I'd add them if you were to write them.

Edited by PanAzej
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Oh, those characters? Well, they need a major update/overhaul. Their code is very badly written (especially Barczak, who's code is basically Ysovuka's Wortox, but modified in a very, very confusing way), and they could use some touch-ups to their graphics, as well as get properly updated builds.

There's also an API coming soon, which will allow adding full-body reskins to custom characters, which I'm looking forward to!

Here's what I have in store for Barczak, for example:

soos3.png

If you'd like to write new quotes for those characters, go ahead! I'd add them if you were to write them.

I am going to love this! Any ideas what they should be saying, bring them on in the PM please. I think I'll be able to handle My and Barczak, though I'll need a revision of the TV series.

• Like 1

Okay, so apparently there was some pesky bug, which caused Wilson's beard to break space-time continuum and place him outside of the map while migrating to caves. I solved it, and so the update has been pushed:

Changelog:
- Added a new, festive version of the Pig King!
- Elf Hats don't expire when worn by mobs from now on (they go can go to 1% at most);
- Elf Hats now play sounds while equipped on Pigmen that are running;
- Fixed a gamebreaking bug while going to caves as Wilson (this fix will revert your beard to non-festive if you festivized it before the update, sorry!).

pigxwell.jpg

Only pigmen emit hat sounds when running for now.

And Pig King's animations aren't looking the best while reskinned. I tried, but yeah. I was working with decompiled animations, testing, building, and looking at them in Spriter. But it turned out that everything broke when Pig King's builds were switched, so I had to edit some stuff manually.

And basically, my Pig King's design is flawed, looking from build-switching perspective. But it's not completely horrible, it could've been worse.

• Like 9