[Game Update] - 187578

@V2C I'm so happy to see functional map sharing now! Thanks for all the hard work making this wonderful new map, Vito. Fixing the flicker bug fixed the other one, you were right.

I did notice another (very minor) bug while testing, though-- if I rejoin the server or c_reset() while a player is a ghost, their map loses fog in the areas they've already explored, but fog shows properly in any areas that get newly-explored (by sentryward/ocuvigils or living players). I replicated this without any mods as well.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Why is it that whenever rezicib tells of a bug you guys respond and inform that it'll be fixed next time, where as when I complain about the Pengulls I don't even get a response on the matter :(

Probably because it's not you or rezecib, but the fact that it's old bug vs new bug. They are working on the beta right now, so beta-related bugs are on the focus. And maybe easier to find in some case.

• Like 2

Well, I did get something similar-- a bunch of trees and grass in an area I hadn't explored. I didn't investigate thoroughly, though, because I assumed it was a side effect of the various things I tried to get my global map icons working in Global Positions.

@EuedeAdodooedoe Well, I am telling him about bugs in a system that he's been actively working on the last few days. It's much easier for him to make a fix there because he's already familiarized himself with the code, while things like pengulls are, as Lumina mentioned, old bugs in components that he would have to spend some time to re-read to try to understand why it's going wrong.

• Like 2

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, all anewreign related bugs and feedback must be reported in the latest update thread (which would be this one currently) ?

On the Browse Games / Server List screen, the Previously Visited servers do not get logged or saved. So unless you remember the server name you can't find the server you just disconnected from (for whatever reason). I'm not sure if anyone experienced this No mods were active when I'm experiencing this and I'm on v187578.

As a suggestion since this is has been a map update, would you guys consider changing the minimap icon for Gold Veins (which currently use boulder icons) into Gold Veins icons?

Edited by Zillvr
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, all anewreign related bugs and feedback must be reported in the latest update thread (which would be this one currently) ?

Some have been reported on the bug tracker and still got fixed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smallishbird said:

@cezarica I don't think this is a bug. It's always been this way. If for example you visited a location that had a berry bush, but someone removed the berry bush while you weren't at this location the berry bush wouldn't be removed from the minimap until you actually visited the location again.

I was referring to structures, not trees and bushes. Take a look at the before and after pictures. In the after picture notice the stuff on the bottom? Yeah, there's the sea so kind of impossible to place something in there.

Asked a friend about this and he said that he saw the same thing as me and when go to the same location as I did (the before/after zone) the minimap rendered correctly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zillvr said:

As a suggestion since this is has been a map update, would you guys consider changing the minimap icon for Gold Veins (which currently use boulder icons) into Gold Veins icons?

What's the point? They're non-renewable boulders anyway. Unless Klei can make them fall from meteors or something. Another thing that would be cool is if stalegmites fell from cave ceilings occasionally during earthquakes in some farther cave biomes (not near the entrances so as not to make people extremely hurt from them there if they get hit by falling stalegmites).

6 hours ago, Zillvr said:

To be able to distinguish Gold Veins from Boulders, being able to determine which rock has gold when you check your map would be nice to have.

It would be cool for them to add moon rock boulder icons also. Since moon rocks have a better use in-game now.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cezarica said:

I was referring to structures, not trees and bushes. Take a look at the before and after pictures. In the after picture notice the stuff on the bottom? Yeah, there's the sea so kind of impossible to place something in there.

Asked a friend about this and he said that he saw the same thing as me and when go to the same location as I did (the before/after zone) the minimap rendered correctly.

Oh I see. I guess that is a new bug then since I've never seen that happen before in my 1000+ hours.

Count me in on the gold-rocks map icon idea.  More than once I've gone, "I need some gold, let's go to the rocky area over there..." only to remember that the goldy-rock area was the _other_ one...

...AFTER I'd wasted two days'-worth of travel.

Seriously, that'd be way helpful.  Especially on long-running servers where you can start to lose track of things after a while.

...Notorious

• Developer
On 8/14/2016 at 1:55 AM, cezarica said:

This may just be a one time issue with save data from before the last hotfix (related to fixing the flickering icons).  Revisiting that area of the map should refresh and fix the icons.

• Like 1

@V2C I had a couple of questions about future map developments, if you have the time to answer...

1. Map Table: I would really like to have (or mod in) something like a "map table", where a player could craft an item that dumps their current map data, and another player could read it to have it added to theirs. This sort of thing is... kind of? possible at the moment, by using the clients' TheWorld.Map:TileVisited() function, but it's super messy because it involves clients sending all visited tiles to the server. Is this sort of data accessible to the server-side MapExplorer? If so, could we get a function to query it?
  2. Map Performance: In the map refactor was performance of the map investigated? It's mainly an issue when using the Minimap HUD mod, but many players consider that to be a part of the core game. With partially-explored maps I can get FPS drops from 60 to 30 as a client, and with fully explored maps I often have to just keep the minimap closed to be able to play at all. This still seems to be an issue, so I hope that it might get a performance update as part of this wave of updates.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rezecib said:

@V2C I had a couple of questions about future map developments, if you have the time to answer...

1. Map Table: I would really like to have (or mod in) something like a "map table", where a player could craft an item that dumps their current map data, and another player could read it to have it added to theirs. This sort of thing is... kind of? possible at the moment, by using the clients' TheWorld.Map:TileVisited() function, but it's super messy because it involves clients sending all visited tiles to the server. Is this sort of data accessible to the server-side MapExplorer? If so, could we get a function to query it?
  2. Map Performance: In the map refactor was performance of the map investigated? It's mainly an issue when using the Minimap HUD mod, but many players consider that to be a part of the core game. With partially-explored maps I can get FPS drops from 60 to 30 as a client, and with fully explored maps I often have to just keep the minimap closed to be able to play at all. This still seems to be an issue, so I hope that it might get a performance update as part of this wave of updates.

No idea on the map performance, but the map table or perhaps a map billboard could be great! Also, someone at some point suggested that the animation seen in shipwrecked when reading message in a bottle could be applied to when you open the map too. And I was thinking that, for making it a bit harder, perhaps the map could be an item, which needed some papyrus to make? Just for extra challenge :p and it would also make more sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rezecib said:

Please, K L E I ! :o