Don't Starve Question

so to say that the single DS died right? because the DS gets a dlc SW vacant full of problems and you are going to release new content pro DST? OK RIP DS thank you klei for ending DS happy ? to me already gave this game to do what you want, without relying on the sounds that now have changed and are unique to the dst the heck

Your post was off-topic, so I moved it here. 

Don't Starve was released quite some time ago. It has not received consistent updates since well before Shipwrecked was launched. We have not discussed plans to continue working on Don't Starve in the near future and our focus has been on Don't Starve Together. 

We may at some point go back and fix some stuff up if we get more resources, but again, so you're welcome to provide feedback. But we haven't announced any solid plans for anything to come to Don't Starve soon. 

Oh, and last thing. We are looking for bug reports for Shipwrecked, so if you have bugs to report please head over here

be patient I'm going to be yes, with those 6 months of content where the ds sw had not received any update loved the std now I hate because if I knew that he would replace the ds never would have bought the ds would not have purchased anything yet more dst only has more players because a lot of people took the key of grace, the more we will the focus of this okay klei give up on this game

DST WILL REPLACE THE DS, AND THIS AND THE FACT THAT TO REFUTE THIS DOUBT FOR ME THE DS DIED WHEN THEY TOLD ME THAT THE DST WOULD BE A CONTINUATION OF THE DS FOR ME THE GAME ALREADY DIED FOR ME, DO WHAT YOU WANT I BE BUYING DLC TO GET A CRAP JUST TO SAY THAT THE DS IS NOT TA HAVING THE CONTENT 

HAPPY I WAS WHEN DST WAS JUST THE ONLINE MODE FOR THE DS ONLY

8 minutes ago, Marxlol said:
DST WILL REPLACE THE DS, AND THIS AND THE FACT THAT TO REFUTE THIS DOUBT FOR ME THE DS DIED WHEN THEY TOLD ME THAT THE DST WOULD BE A CONTINUATION OF THE DS FOR ME THE GAME ALREADY DIED FOR ME, DO WHAT YOU WANT I BE BUYING DLC TO GET A CRAP JUST TO SAY THAT THE DS IS NOT TA HAVING THE CONTENT 

Times change and people do as well. I'm sorry DST is a different game but 98% of us here agree that was the right decision. Sorry.

17 minutes ago, Marxlol said:

I have a long list of things to say to respond to this, but since i'm tired today i'll just say this.
I didn't understand very well what you said, but if I got it right, then you're not forced to buy the DLC(And wasn't it free? Or are you talking about Shipwrecked?), and second, there are plenty of mods in the workshop for a reason :) Klei it's very busy, they aren't some... Mutant...Octopus (?) that can do everything at the same time.

Sorry if I said some stupid things, I feel really tired today :)

As Joe mentioned, Don't Starve (on its own, no DLC) is a finished game. The only development on it further will be fixing bugs.

The Shipwrecked DLC was introduced by Capy initially, but is now being handled by a team at Klei. Please search to see if the bugs you have noticed are reported here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/ds-shipwrecked/. If not, go ahead and report them so the team is aware.

A different team is handling the roll-out of DST content. While the same company owns each game, it's different people working on the projects. Think of them as two completely different games, because they are. They have to be purchased separately (even if bundled), and played separately. 

No one, not you or even Klei, can say that DST will replace DS. It's all up to personal player preference. I highly anticipated DST, and do enjoy it, but after playing, I also prefer DS. I am waiting patiently for Klei to address some of the major issues that impact gameplay in SW before I join my worlds to it.

Have faith, friend, this is a good company and they will deliver. In the meantime, develop your DS/RoG world as best you can, and perhaps play some other games while the SW bugs get worked out. As much as I hate to admit it, there is more to life than Don't Starve.

I honestly didn't know DST was basically the sequel to DS.  But I doubt they would leave that in the dust with so many bugs and upset fans.  Sure, six months is a long time without anything but they've been working on the DST update and a new game or two.  Those both take a good amount of time to do with the coding, animations, textures, and a whole slew of stuff.  As for fixing certain bugs, unless the person points out the exact line of code causing the problem, they would have to do a bit of "trial and error" with certain lines to hopefully fix it without causing more problems in the process (at least that's what I do when I code Tumblr blog themes).  And with a small company like Klei, it'll take a while longer for them to pump out stuff as quickly as a lot of the big-named one.

I've already said it but patience is key here.  And bringing up bugs on the bug tracker.

Don't Starve is a masterpiece that prioritizes fun over gross profit(Ubisoftcough), something very rare today. Although I'm a new player, i can tell from version history it's been a long time coming. You guys have it perfected, Co-op was the only thing I could ask for. Bring DST to consoles! This is all i want for xmas, PC gaming is not for everybody. I'd pay 60 and buy the season pass(Joking, you guys are one of the good ones.).But seriously.. Don't ever change klei entertainment, you da best, thank you for this awesome game. DST console edition. Celebrity Apprentice.:D

On 8/9/2016 at 9:16 PM, imsomony said:

As Joe mentioned, Don't Starve (on its own, no DLC) is a finished game. The only development on it further will be fixing bugs.

If they are still fixing bugs, I can only wonder when or if the some of the bugged Custom World Presets for the original DS will ever be fixed (certain creatures still spawning when set to 'None'). These bugs have been around and reported for years. =/

Archived