Coffee, Chocolate, and Tea Please? :3

There have been mods for things like this for DS, but not DST :(

Maybe I want my character to relax with a cup a tea after a day of hard work :3, or some chocolate as a reward of sorts :wilson_love:

Wouldn't that be nice?

There could be tea leaves to pick, and some coffee/cocoa bean plants around as well :) Then you could make other stuff like chocolate milk and coffee cake!!!

Please make it happen! :wilson_blush:

~Faelove

:wilson_celebrate: (tell me what you guys think!)

The should have opposing effects. Tea could restore sanity at the cost of speed (so relaxed you become lazy), while coffee can give you a short speed boost at the cost of sanity (caffeine rush). I guess the chocolate would restore a small bit of hunger and boost sanity, but only a small amount of hunger so not to be op since it wouldn't really make sense to have a con to it.

On 05/08/2016 at 0:18 AM, BarovSoap said:

The should have opposing effects. Tea could restore sanity at the cost of speed (so relaxed you become lazy), while coffee can give you a short speed boost at the cost of sanity (caffeine rush). I guess the chocolate would restore a small bit of hunger and boost sanity, but only a small amount of hunger so not to be op since it wouldn't really make sense to have a con to it.

Well maybe the chocolate could take off 3 health going with the 'unhealthiness' theme from Taffy.

I have ported coffeebeans and coffee as part of the Multi-Worlds Mod. Yes, speed boosts work. I have created my own component to handle that (slightly different from Shipwrecked).

I understand that you may not want all the extra stuff with it. I have been thinking about making a separate mod for it, but I couldn't be bothered to do that. It is better than nothing.

Edited by Joachim

@Joachim Yesterday i spawned coffee beans through the console, cooked coffee and got these decreased in size cups inside crockpots. Just was checking how it works. So everything is great except this visual part.
DST Release (v188821) - not "A new reign beta".

Spoiler

2016-08-29_152523.jpg

Spoiler

2016-08-29_152559.jpg

Edited by PandoMish

1 hour ago, PandoMish said:

@Joachim Yesterday i spawned coffee beans through the console, cooked coffee and got these decreased in size cups inside crockpots. Just was checking how it works. So everything is great except this visual part.
DST Release (v188821) - not "A new reign beta".

Hide contents

2016-08-29_152523.jpg

Hide contents

2016-08-29_152559.jpg

Thanks a lot, PandoMish! The cups are supposed to match the proportions of the character (a dashing William Carter, by the way :D). We're more than happy to hear the mod works for you.

Now, I friendly-dare you to check out all examination quotes for every character ;).

- The size of the coffee cups is indeed not what it is supposed to be in Shipwrecked. I could fix this, but I have been told that it looks cute, so I have not touched it since then. If people want it changed, then it takes me around 5 - 10 minutes to fix.

- You found me out. I used placeholders for some of the new turfs, and incidentally forgot to give them appropriate names. This will be fixed.

- Yes. Coffeebushes currently cannot be fertilized by ashes, nor should they necessarily be placed on ashy turf. I have been thinking about porting this, but there are indeed some difficulties. Nothing that cannot be overcome, but I have not touched it for now, so I can focus on adding other content.

- I have no idea what caused two forests to appear. Are you sure this mod caused it?

- The prefab for magmafield turf is turf_magma by the way. Perhaps I should rename it.

@Joachim I absolutely agree about the size of the coffee cup, because it looks realistic  :3

As @Arlesienne said

On 29.08.2016 at 4:34 PM, Arlesienne said:

The cups are supposed to match the proportions of the character

About "two forests", i don't think that the issue is about mod, it's rather about jumping from A new reign beta back to v188821.

Generally i am extremely thankfull to your team, because i've been searching for the working coffee port since i saw the Volcano theme in Shipwrecked, like Morpheus has been searching for Neo :D

Edited by PandoMish

2 hours ago, PandoMish said:

@Joachim I absolutely agree about the size of the coffee cup, because it looks realistic  :3

As @Arlesienne said

About "two forests", i don't think that the issue is about mod, it's rather about jumping from A new reign beta back to v188821.

Generally i am extremely thankfull to your team, because i've been searching for the working coffee port since i saw the Volcano theme in Shipwrecked, like Morpheus has been searching for Neo :D

Aww... I just write and brainstorm, thanks should go to Joachim and Snook, but this honestly made my day.