Yet Another Art Thread

Sporb

I feel like it's been unreasonably long since I've posted a drawing here, and I don't have a good reason for that. So, here's a work in progress.

uzo85FH.png

Needs lighting, color details, and a simple background.

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's a good start. Looking forward seeing this piece finished.:wilson_smile:

Well, it's done. Took me longer than expected.

Cornflakes faces off against a foe much larger than her.

Without text:

TjPc0g3.png

With text:

9VWvkUp.png

I'm afraid I haven't been drawing as much because of, like, art block.

e2X06EQ.png

Formal dress for an assault android? Yeah, I don't have an explanation for this one.

Not sure I like the colors here. The magenta, dark blue, and cyan of the dress look fine on their own, but I'm not sure they're the best fit for Cornflakes' blond hair and green eyes.

Apparently, I'm still drawing assault androids in dresses.

isM020y.png

It's Cactus, the titular character, still ready to obliterate robots and cause collateral damage.

I think I accidentally made her head bigger than I've been doing for most of my android drawings, which makes her look super short. That's cool, I guess.

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

This could be a ongoing theme. Pretty dresses and assault rifles.:wilson_ecstatic:

I think it's gonna become one; I have more ideas. I'm not sure how I feel about this :|

The color palette makes me think of a pumpkin.

I got the colors for the dress just by experimenting with different color schemes. The result actually reminds me of a desert.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the color for this one!

On 19/07/2017 at 1:44 PM, Sporb said:

I think I accidentally made her head bigger than I've been doing for most of my android drawings, which makes her look super short.

Eh, as someone once said (I can't remember who), it's better for a character to have a bigger head than a smaller head.

I drew Starch with an oversized hammer, based on a request I guess.

qgjxVlU.png

This is a bit different from my usually drawing style. I tried for a, like, action pose, and it's supposed to be more cartoonish.

Also, I tried doing the shading and lighting differently. I just used the pen brush rather than the watercolor brush.

Er, how's it look?

On 7/21/2017 at 7:42 PM, Mobbstar said:

It looks a lot cleaner and brighter, but the shading is a bit wonkey here and there. Are you making tonal sketches?

I gonna answer with a "no" because I don't know what a tonal sketch is. Would that help?

I suspect the shading isn't much worse than usual, but the sharp edges on the shadow may be bringing more attention to it.

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

What might be off is the angle. Since her body seems to be behind the hammer but at the same time she seems to be aside it.

You know, someone else commented that the perspective seemed to be weird so I wonder if you're seeing the same thing. I still can't figure out why, though.

The only thing I can see maybe looking weird is that her hips are twisted relative to the rest of her body; they're turned more to face the viewer.

I'm currently kinda stumped on how to draw folds in a large piece of cloth in another drawing, in case you're curious.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:55 AM, minespatch said:

The high contrast between the sharply designed Hornet between the creepy smudgy abyss is well done.

The fact that you're using the word "abyss" suggests that I succeeded!

So, uuhh...

Apparently the second most recent drawing I finished wound up being more lewd than I intended...

I've been indecisive about posting it and that made me forget to post this other drawing:

pfCmwk9.png

It's some sort of horseshoe crab warrior.

48 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Interesting piece you got there. Has kind of a Medieval tapestry touch to it. Is the thing behind the warrior a gravestone of some kind?

Oh! That is supposed to be a shield! I guess it would help if the front arm wasn't in the way, so you could tell that the shield is being held...

Oops.

Did you post the lewd drawing in the discord?

Nah, but I guess I could if you'd like. I plan on posting it somewhere. Eventually.

Maybe after I've redrawn it so it's more like what I originally intended.

Speaking of posting things in places...

I have a Tumblr which is mostly caught up to my recent art, and sometimes I post things there earlier than here:

http://sporbyeouch.tumblr.com/

And I also now have a Twitter for art which doesn't have much on it yet because I'm not sure what I'm doing...

https://twitter.com/SporbYeouch

On 8/1/2017 at 1:27 AM, minespatch said:

Pieces like this is where I wish this site had a "wow/whoa" reaction. I ;love the contrast between the small, meek creature and the giant moth creature. Quite a contrast.

Ah, you recognized her moth-like nature!

I should post this since it's been a few days and I'm going to be unable to post for a little while...

aw3MsXw.png

Mint chocolate chip ice cream! Get it?

This features NikiNazu's Mint android, of course.

Archived