Yet Another Art Thread

Sporb

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

What are you planning with the weeds?

Well, here's one thing I was planning with the weeds. I wasn't expecting to actually finish this today.

adDKC8h.png

I'm not sure if I like how the slobber turned out, but I'm not actually sure how else to do it.

I don't have anything definite planned for the other kind of weed, aside from it being part of the same ecosystem as this thing.

Interesting clam creature.

Thanks! It's actually pretty heavily based on a real scallop, even though the first version* I imagined wasn't shellfish-like at all. Here's a reference picture I used:

wqpAA9t.jpg

*Oh, that's actually still on imgur after like 3 years:

Spoiler

CaGch2M.png

Eeeewww the quality is sooo awful.

On 1/3/2017 at 0:10 AM, minespatch said:

Slobber looks fine, it has a nice translucent quality to it. Is it okay if I say that it reminds me of Kingdom Hearts?

Isn't Kingdom Hearts that game with all the Disney characters? It's probably okay; in what way does it remind you of Kingdom Hearts?

On 1/3/2017 at 5:43 AM, DragonMage156 said:

Looks like there's pyrosomes in his mouth (a creation of Battal's)

Am I inadvertently ripping off Battal's creatures again? Whoops.

Anyway, here's the next thing I'm working on. I've got a long way to go, and I probably still don't have the perspective right on the stones. Oh well.

wmv2ErM.png

Just now, Sporb said:
  1.  It's probably okay; in what way does it remind you of Kingdom Hearts?
  2. Anyway, here's the next thing I'm working on. I've got a long way to go, and I probably still don't have the perspective right on the stones. Oh well.
  1. at2.jpgJust the color and smooth texture reminds me of those chest clams in Atlantica.
  2. No need to feel guilt, I think its great you're exploring more perspective and going in depth with details.

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Who's the dainty skeleton?

That's Morbelle, whom I've tried to draw in full armor a few times already. Morbelle Rose... I think that will be her full name, because she married into a high-class necromancer family.

18 hours ago, minespatch said:

Kind of makes me think of Jing King of Bandits. What was your inspiration?

Uh, well... Bord is the mascot of PJ DiCesare's Twitch channel. They were playing some Battletoads game, and someone punched a bird enemy so hard it came back as an invincible ally. And it was named Bord because it was a glitched out bird. Or so the story goes, anyway. I just decided to make it into an absurd weapon: the Bord Sword. I do not advise attacking with this sword, holding the sword, attempting to pull the sword from the stone, or standing within 10 feet of the sword. The inscription is intentionally gibberish.

Er. That's a really lame explanation. So here's a new drawing.

FpMRDGj.png

What? Something Don't Starve related? Well, that's because it's a redraw of one of the first complete things I drew on my tablet:

Spoiler

Fgf2ogZ.png

Improvement? The atmosphere seems pretty different.

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I guess Wendy grew up in game.

Yeah, I have no idea how old Wendy is actually supposed to be. I also don't know how to intentionally draw different ages either, so... I guess it works out?

18 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I think she's about 10 or 11. Atleast that's my head canon for it.

Okay yeah I definitely drew her older than that. I guess I've always thought she was early teens at the youngest, even though I have nothing to base that on.

On a different note, something I actually really like about my recent Wendy drawing is the background colors. Like, I wouldn't have expected using green and orange together to work, but they blend together surprisingly well. I suppose it's self-indulgent to talk about something I like about my own drawing, but... I dunno, maybe it's interesting to others.

To justify this post's existence, here's another drawing! It's a gorgon from Pit People.

U3vuheh.png

Version with lame background (instead of transparency):

Spoiler

VwLz7S4.png

Yup. Pit People's an early access game by The Behemoth (Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater). Maybe you could have already guessed who made it based on the above description. For gameplay, it's a more fast-paced turn-based hexagonal strategy game.

Also, here's a sketch:

vfO6RZ8.png

I'll try to explain it more when I have a finished version.

I think I'm done with this. I was having fun with it at first, but it got pretty complicated and unnecessarily messy.

FnzMhs6.png

Oh, maybe I should explain this. Originally, it was supposed to Crocomire, from Super Metroid, as Melting, from Nuclear Throne. Er, for those not familiar with both games, Crocomire is the boss who melts down to a skeleton in the lava, and Melting is the mutant whose flesh appears to be melting off. There didn't wind up being much Nuclear Throne in this drawing, aside from the autoshotgun.

Also, my classes have started again, so I have less time to draw.

Archived