Yet Another Art Thread

Sporb

On 8/6/2017 at 2:51 PM, minespatch said:

I notice the other android has a slighty different bodytype. Otherwise maybe it's the perspective.

Eh? Oh, you mean the chest armor? Yeah, that's different body types. Cornflakes has a more standard android design while Mint is more flat-chested, I think.

Here's a kinda doodle thing I guess?

70tL4PS.png

I've posted some  (so far) incomplete stuff along with it to Twitter, if anyone's into that kinda thing: https://twitter.com/SporbYeouch

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

What was the story behind this one? Makes me think about the myth of Icarus.

Hm, there's not really a story behind this one, for once. I just kinda liked the melting imagery and sorta ripped off 2 of my other drawings. The expression is from one of my Cornflakes drawings, and the open skull is like my first Hollow Knight drawing.

Here's Azalea in a humanoid frame. It can be hard to find work as a mantis.

HAiraGW.png

Although I think this looks okay on its own and I'm overall happy with it, I think I've screwed up Azalea's face and made it look too different from how I've drawn it previously.

6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

The hair makes a weird spiral...

Eh? The spiral in her hair is an intentional part of her design, so if there's something wrong with it I need to know about it so I can make adjustments.

Hm, maybe the curved "spikes" which make up the central spiral should just be less well-defined and not stick out so much from the rest of the hair.

Edit:

Like this:

AzaleaNewFrame4.thumb.png.086647490c4609115103c9affa9e444b.png

I think that preserves the spiral and looks marginally better? Okay, I REALLY need to stop making minor adjustments to this drawing, OMG.

Random bug sorta in the style of Hollow Knight:

cBPNQ7X.png

I'm having a hard time picking colors for characters to fit with the characters in the game. Maybe I just like bright colors too much and that doesn't fit with the more muted ones in the game.

6 hours ago, Sporb said:

Hollow Knight:

Wait what, how? For a start, bead eyes are not hollow eyes, all HK bugs have horns iirc, not antennas, and to top it off, this beetle has, as you said, an entirely different, more vibrant colour scheme.

6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Wait what, how? For a start, bead eyes are not hollow eyes, all HK bugs have horns iirc, not antennas, and to top it off, this beetle has, as you said, an entirely different, more vibrant colour scheme.

Depends on the bug. A good number of them have no horns and a bunch have antennae.

Except in the case of vessels, I tend to interpret the black eyes as round compound eyes rather than holes but I'm not sure that's accurate. But there are definitely bugs with round compound eyes, like Sly the shopkeeper.

Whether these I've used would normally be applied to a beetle... I dunno. 

Hm, here's a less colorful version of the previous drawing. Dunno if I like it more.

Spoiler

CRQPEg2.png

I drew this a little while ago. I guess it was a relatively quick and lazy drawing?

JYE0Fkx.png

Do I need to explain this one? I'm not even sure what character made the... somewhat inaccurate illustration of Hornet.

I'm also working on a drawing which should have been simple, but then I decided draw like a complete and detailed background, so, uh...

I've only finished a rough sketch so far.

23 hours ago, minespatch said:

So someone drew a doodle into the poor person's book? :wilson_ecstatic:

Kinda. Hornet found a strange doodle of herself in a book that belonged to someone else, once...

I'm working on a couple of things but they aren't finished, still.

Okay, it's done I think. Hollow Knight related stuff, again.

a0x4qvW.png

This was kind of a silly idea which I decided to give a complete background and fancy lighting for no good reason.

These kinda drawings a bit hard to explain, because it's not precisely something that happens in the game, but it's based on game mechanics and story.

I can give an explanation for this, but that'd involve spoilers, so I'll hold off until someone asks.

Oops! I meant to post this here earlier.

XxLyKpY.png

It's Morbelle; remember how I drew her a few times before? No?

Anyway, I have no idea what she's doing in this pose.

I may revisit this drawing again to further mess with the color scheme. Or maybe I'll just tinker with the colors as I draw her more.

A fungus girl? (A fungal, perhaps?)

Spoiler

3gihTKn.png

She tends to emit clouds of spores like a puffball and doesn't have much control over when she does it. This is usually unpleasant for anyone nearby and highly embarrassing for her.

Cornflakes tearing a part out of herself because she's hardcore and doesn't always make smart decisions.

Eu7QgBy.png

Sadly, this might be my last completed drawing of the summer.

This summer is the most I've drawn, actually. I've been trying to at least draw once a day, even if I don't finish something every day. I've mostly succeeded I think; I haven't taken very many days off from drawing. I don't think I've gotten faster at drawing, but I think I've learned how to draw some things better and my overall quality has improved.

I don't know if this is a good reference for improvement because I didn't much like it at the time, but the first thing I finished this summer was:

Spoiler

xLZAvr8.png

Anyway, now that I'll be busy with college again, I'll have much less time for drawing, so don't expect me to finish stuff as frequently. My goal is still to draw every day, even if it's for less time. We'll see how that goes.

Speaking of which, I haven't drawn anything yet today...

Archived