Wilson's Journal

tumblr_inline_nrzxpkQkVH1r01m7p_500.png

“After acquiring the knowledge in that accursed exchange, I quickly fetched a clean journal to jot down all I could decipher at the time. However to my growing frustration, most of what I jot down was rather esoteric as I understood the workings rather than the function these strange devices that my mind kept flashing before me.

When I was first dragged to this damned place, I was pleased to find that my journal was still safely contained in my vest pocket. As such I try my best to record my findings as I survive. For the sake of my fellow survivors, I’ll be more than happy to share my work in hopes to help us live another day.”

~Wilson P. Higgsbury

((This is a project of mine on my Wilson blog over at Tumblr. I take request subjects for Wilson to write entries on in his journal. I'll be posting all I have currently here shortly. Feel free to send requests either here or to my Tumblr. One thing to note, I can be fairly slow when making new entries, so bare that in mind. I do a first come first serve as well, with 9 entry requests currently pending. I hope you enjoy what I've made so far and what will come in the future.))

1-Mandrakes.png

Entry 1 - Mandrakes

“I discovered a rather odd creature in my travels this evening. With the promise of food I plucked a vegetation I never seen before, but to my surprise it was more than just a docile vegetable but some manner of beast. Thankfully it seemed more interested in entertaining me rather than causing me harm; it continues to sing and dance close by, but seems to be cautious of my presence as it won’t let me get within three feet of it. Regardless, its pleasant to find life that doesn’t seek to end my own. I’ll likely keep the little guy as a pet of sorts and continue my study.”

“I’ve changed my mind. I have no interest in learning more of these insufferable creatures. While I applaud their tenacity and determination to their “craft,” this is leaving me on the boarder of insanity. Apparently its song attracted the creature’s friends who all decided to chime in as well and have no respect for a man in desperate need of sleep. I can only assume they are nocturnal by nature. With any luck I’ll slip away at dawn if my hypothesis is true.”

2-Hounds.png

Entry 2 - The Hounds

“I’m lucky to be alive after my experience this evening.

While prototyping a makeshift gunpowder, I began to hear howls in the distance. Several minutes later it ceased and I thought whatever creature it might have been simply moved on. However a few seconds later my camp was ambushed by a pack of vicious hounds; I’ve never seen canines so ferocious before, as well as relentless. Grabbing a torch, I abandoned my camp and ran with them nipping at my heels, but not before one managed to take a bite out of my left arm; scientifically speaking, their maws are that of razors.

Eventually I made it to the nearby grasslands. Hearing the slobbering snoring in the darkness, I was struck with an idea. Weaving through the slumbering beefalo, I presumed the beasts chasing me might decide go for a much larger meal; I was correct. The scuffle between the two different colonies was bloody and in the end the herd gored every last hound, and by extension saving my life.

I now know that no place or time is truly safe on this island. I need to consider constructing a few defensive measures from future attacks.”

~

“I believe I have discovered the abode of these viscous beasts. While exploring the desert to the north, I discovered a colony of mounds constructed with the bones from a variety of different creatures; I was even able to identify some as human. Keeping my scientific curiosity in check, I kept my distance for the safety of my skin, and thank goodness for that. As a buzzard landed on the top of one of the mounds to scavenge anything left, the pack emerged almost instantly to claim its next meal. I’ll be keeping my explorations away from the desert unless absolutely necessary from now on.

One thing leaves me puzzled however: how did these beasts find my camp from miles away? Why stray so far from home when there are plenty of other sources of food in between?

Is something else pulling their strings?

Edited by Icrangirl
The pictures weren't showing up on my browser for some reason.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3-Treeguard.png

Entry 3 - Treeguard ((Requested by flipocrite))

“I suddenly find myself fully regretting my prior complete disregard to nature.

While resupplying my reserve of lumber, I received the most unexpected terrifying shock of my life; apart from being dragged here in the first place. While chopping down my fourth tree, the one beside it suddenly uprooted itself and let out a low roar. It slowly looked over the injured tree and stumps before turning its empty gaze at me, as well as its claws. Needless to say, I gathered all I could and made my retreat.

Thankfully the giant’s girth makes it excessively slow as the ground shake with each step. I had absolutely no interest in attempting to engage this creature in combat; it doesn’t take a genius to know one swift swipe of those piney claws would easily sever my mortal coil. It continued to slowly follow me for the rest of the day, even after I was certain I had lost it. One thing was obvious, it had a vendetta against me for witnessing me chop down its brethren and it wasn’t letting me go.

Finally a thought occurred to me: Perhaps I could make amends with the creature and my abolish ‘sins.’ Taking several of the pine cones I had collected, I quickly planted them so the tiny trees inside could grow in place of the ones I had killed. This seemed to work instantly as with the first I planted made the giant halt in his tracks. After it closely watched me plant the rest, it slowly turned around and sauntered back to the forest, seeming to have pardoned me for my earlier actions.

I would like to say I’ll never again anger this not-so-gentle giant in the future, however lumber is essential to my survival in both fuel as well as the construction of my inventions. I just hope if I see it again, it will forgive me so long as I take the time to replant what I collect.”

4-Them.png

Entry 4 - Them (1st entry)

“I awoke this morning with a splitting headache to find my journal wide open by the campfire on this page. I have no clue what this horrifying mess is.

While I suspect this to be a ill-mannered prank by my captor, I do recognize my handwriting amongst the scribbling.

Did I write this? The last thing I recall from last night was hearing a strange noise from outside my camp; it sounded much like the chime of my mother’s old music box.

I’m beginning to worry this desolate place might be praying upon my sanity… of what little of it is left."

5-War.png

Entry 5 - War? ((Requested by lonelyaura))

“I feel as if I have stumbled upon something that has been going on for years now.

Today I made my bi-weekly journey to the pig village to the southeast to do some bartering with the common-folk there as well as their gold hoarding king. As I was finishing up my fortnight dosage of haggling with the obese leader, a loud shriek cut through the air halting all progress in the village. I recognized the sound to be that of the merms that lived in the swamp across the southern river, except it was the combined effort between a group of around a dozen of the beasts. I had never seen such a large number of them moving together, much less actually taking leave of their marsh.

What surprised me more was the entirety of the village letting out a battle cry in unison before charging toward the river to meet this attack head on. From the fact that no one present was surprised by this turn of events, other than myself of course, it was fairly obvious this was a rather common occurrence and I had missed witnessing this until now. As such I could only standby for several minutes and watch the battle play out, utterly befuddled to the situation before me. Finally my senses returned to me and I rushed in to aid my sus scrofa comrades.

The battle was won fairly easy as we outnumbered the scaly savages two to one. While I’m well aware the merms were fairly lacking in intelligence, it struck me as odd that they would just launch an attack that they were very likely to lose without a proper motive. Considering there is nothing in the village that could be of value to them to my knowledge, it still leaves me puzzled. Sadly the villagers were of no help to shine any light on this matter, just commenting “THEY ARE BAD.”

Its easy to see that there is a definite resemblance between the body structures of these two creatures, likely streaming from the same order of scientific classification; perhaps even the same genus. As such is strange to see two partially intelligent creatures so closely related to only have scorn for one another rather than work together.

I can only speculate the source of this war to be some calamity in the past that ultimately caused a rift between them. Its a possibility that the merms are the evolutionary lineage of the weaker forms of these people, likely the byproduct of their ancestors being outcasted to the swamps to keep the village’s line strong. As such they evolved to adapt to their wet environment, but never forgetting how they were left to rot in a terrible part of the island. Home as well as revenge is a strong motivator, one strong enough to encourage an attack despite the odds. Its admirable in a way

Or perhaps the merms just think the pigs are ugly. I wouldn’t put it passed them if I’m being entirely honest with myself.”

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6-Tallbirds.png

Entry 6 - Tallbirds  ((Requested by sketchygeek))

“The creatures I find on this island is constantly becoming more bizarre with each passing day. I don’t even know where to begin with this one.

While mining for minerals on the eastern part of the island, I heard a rather staggering squawk amongst the rocks before being attacked by this eyeball on stilts. Its very design baffles me and lives me with a plethora of questions on how such a creature could exist: 

• How does it maintain balance with such stalky legs?
  • How does it live with its eye as such a prominent weakness?
  • Why does its eye make up for approximately 98% of its body mass?
  • How does its other vital organs function properly at such a minuscule ratio to its body?

All these questions are left unanswered for the time being as I wasn’t able to kill the creature cleanly enough to preserve the body for a proper examination. I have always been curious as to the lack of predators in this rocky terrain. It is likely these beasts have driven them off to find less vicious meals considering how excessively territorial this monster was of its nesting area. Then again, with all the noise I was causing with my gathering, I gave it every reason to assume the worst of me.

Despite my scientific curiosity remaining unsatisfied, I was able to walk away with a decent collection of meat along with a sizable egg. I’ll be having a traditional breakfast for the first time in months tomorrow. I look forward to it.”

~

“I’m a father; an unintentional and reluctant father, but one none the less.

By sheer luck, the egg I had acquired yesterday finished its incubating period before I had a chance to cook up a traditional breakfast. I suppose its my own fault seeing as I wrapped it up in my travel grass-roll to survive the trip back to camp and left it by the fire. It was quite startling to wake up this morning and find a tiny live bird in my pack where they’re should be food.

However, this may a blessing in disguise; considering it only needed a few more hours to hatch, if I had cooked it I would made myself balut. Even in the name of science and hunger, I rather not partake in such a cultural “delicacy.”

The moment hatching laid its giant eye on me it was quick to crawl out of my pack and follow my every step. Much like most nidifugous birds would do upon the first creature they see, it was obvious the tiny creature had imprinted on me.

At first I found myself cross, wanting nothing to have such a beast in my abode and more reluctant to play the role of its foster parent. I have a hard enough time maintaining my food supply as it is without having an extra beak to feed. I figured then I would get some answers to their biology and perform an dissection.

However, after giving myself a few minutes to reassess the situation and re-analyze my entry from last night, I have reconsidered. A few berries a day is a small price to pay for a rare chance to study the life cycle of these creatures up close. Not to mention the long term benefit of such a fierce territorial protector.

Plus, Lizzy has a knack to make me smile."

7-Chester.png

Entry 7 - Chester  ((Requested by aph-furansu))

“I found a most peculiar item on the side of one of the many roads during the course of my travels this morning. I’m inclined to believe it might be sentient, but I’m wholly uncertain for the time being.

It appeared to be an flesh covered orb resting on top of a bone, complete with a pair of horns and a patch of fur. It was inanimate enough as I approached. Upon contact however, the “skin” opened up to reveal an eye much to my horror curiosity. It would occasionally glance around but continued to stare at me above anything else.

After taking the proper time to conclude it was of no immediate threat, I collected the oddity and continued on my way. I need figure out exactly what this is when I have the time.”

~

“I’m glad that I left so much empty space on this entry. I had intended to attempt to uncover the truth behind this object, however I didn’t expect the answer to tackle me in the middle of camp, during the course of dinner, scaring the daylights out of me. Thankfully, those answers were in the form of a friendly, yet equally odd, creature. Its behavior reminds me that of the canines often found around my hometown, as it was more interested in giving me a bath than anything else upon tackling me to the ground.

Unsure where the creature had came from, the horn’s on its crown looked all too similar to the eye-bone I had retrieved earlier. After a few quick experiments, it seemed to follow where the eye was; leading me concluded that it somehow remotely receives information from the organ. What manner of biology condones this is grossly beyond my understanding.

However much to my befuddlement, this wasn’t the strangest part of his anatomy. Curiosity eventually demanded I take a quick examination of his oral cavity, to which I discovered to be void of all organs and structures a being needs to survive. By proper definition, he’s a living husk that has no regard for proper biology. With no digestive system, he doesn’t consume any food or objects placed inside it’s maw, simply sitting there until retrieved; which leaves me to wonder how it sustains its energy. Photosynthesis maybe?

The sheer number of questions I have requires more paper than I care to use; and here I thought Lizzy’s body structure was confusing.

As perplexing as it is, its a blessing in two regards: First, I don’t have to worry about a third mouth to feed.

Second, the beast seems more than eager to help me left larger loads of materials to and from camp. As such I had decided to take him out with me on my travels. I was concerned at first he wouldn’t be able to keep up with me; however to my amusement, he compensates for his short stature by have a rather noticeable spring in his step.

Chester has been well received at camp. I’m grateful that Lizzy now has a friend to play with while I’m conducting my experiments."

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 4

8-Map.png

Entry 8 - The Map

“After what feels to be months, I can confidently claim that my map of the island is complete. Granted my cartography skills could use some serious improvement as I had to take one or two liberties and guesses for precise distance, however I feel I did as well as I could considering the circumstances; especially considering the absurd amount of hostiles that felt the need to attack a man merely minding his own business trying to work. I’m not going near that ravenous nest of wasps for some time as long as I can help it.

Hopefully this will help in my productivity and planning for the following days to come"

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9-Gobblers.png

Entry 9 - Gobblers  ((Requested by qmulative))

“I feel as though my captor is purposely testing my patience with his creatures; even with the most mundane of the batch.

I had recently put up a small fence of woven hay to keep Lizzy out of the berry bushes so she wouldn’t gorge herself. However, I didn’t expect the bushes to be assaulted by another larger bird as my barrier didn’t hold this gluttonous maelstrom at bay. This infernal overgrown turkey gobbled up half of the ripe fruit before I had a chance to chase it off with my spear; I didn’t expect such a large bird with short limbs to be so spry. Thankfully, there’s still enough fruit left to not worry about keeping my little girl fed. I need to set up a few traps around my crops to avoid this happening again; I simply don’t have enough resources at my disposal to tend to myself, Lizzy, and this greedy feathery dunce.

On the plus side, these creatures aren’t too bright and are easily fooled with the prospect of food. With a few spare berries and a clever disguise I fashioned out of one of the barren bushes it left in its wake, I was able to outsmart and easily slay the poultry.

So, Lizzy’s food is safe for now and I get a turkey dinner tonight. I feel today turned out better than expected.”

10-Bernie.png

Entry 10 - Bernie  ((Requested by anon))

“A few days ago I discovered what I had assumed at the time to be a rather inconsequential find. A child’s teddy bear with the name “Bernie the Bear” scribbled on the tag. The whole thing is heavily scorched and torn, likely barely surviving a terrible inferno. This was peculiar for a number reasons. Firstly the area I had found it had absolutely no signs of a recent fire, obviously having been brought here after said fire. The owner must have deep sentimental value for this to have kept it despite its ragged condition. Which leads to the second point, if the owner is in fact here in this purgatory, does that mean that there are children here? I hope not, I wouldn’t wish for a child to witness the terrors that I have already, but I doubt such atrocities would be too low for the monster running this show.

I decided to take the bear with me, for no reason of any consequence. I figured I could repair it should I have spare time, as rare as that is any more, and perhaps one day return it to its owner. I never would have guessed then it would have saved my life.

Over the past week this place had been praying on my sanity, from the constant sounds in the darkness to the sheer loneliness. Its enough to drive a person mad, eventually leaving them vulnerable to t҉̸̧͘͡h̨͝҉̴̷é̴̡̛ ̷̀҉̸͠s̴̡h̨̛̛̕͘a̛̕͝d̕͟ò͘ẃ̵͢s҉̶- I have no word for it other than general pronouns. Unable to calm myself in time, They arrived to prey on me while my mental state was weakened. To my shock, and slight horror, the bear I found sprung to life. I thought at the time it was just a side effect of my momentary madness, and perhaps maybe it was. Regardless, it was quick to engage the monstrosities, distracting Them from their primary objective. It bought me enough time to access my sedative measures of flora and sugar, calming my psyche enough to cause Them to fade enough to not be a threat, but not before They practically tore the poor thing to shreds.

Once my mind was sharp and functional enough for the task, I investigated the bear further. There’s no reason it should have moved like it did, its just filled with stuffing that most toy makers default to. No trace of this place in it that I can see. Not the first time I found something here that was beyond all reason. I’m setting aside time today to get the silent brave warrior fully patched up. He deserves it after helping me in my time of need. 

The only other courtesy I could grant him is finding his owner; I’m sure he misses and worries for them.“

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11-Them%202.png

Entry 11 - Them (2nd Entry) ((Requested by gruesomecharlie))

“This is the second time I’ve awakened with a splitting headache and a grotesque entry that I have no memory of illustrating. The beasts are bizarrely familiar, like from a nightmare I can’t quite recall. I would want nothing more than to entertain the possibility of this being another prank from my captor, but I can’t simply ignore the charcoal stained on my hands and vest.

Why is this happening?”

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12-Bunnymen.png

Entry 12 - Bunnymen  ((Requested by anon))

“I finally had enough supplies to attempt a journey into the world below the one that I’ve gotten so accustomed to. Ever sense unplugging a sinkhole I discovered weeks ago, I’ve been highly curious to explore but not confident enough in my supplies to keep me alive for long in such an environment until recently. The things I discovered are enough to fill more than a dozen pages in my journal, and much like the surface appearances are rather deceptive in this place. 

This was no more apparent than my encounter with the giant lagomorphs.

It was late into my second day underground when I stumbled upon this village of vegetarian Hansel and Gretel housings. I’m not sure why the residents decided to model their homes after their favorite ‘delicacy’, perhaps out of worship or simply irony. Given their body structure, I suspect the bunnymen to be yet another cousin to the pigmen and merms, following an evolutionary line that well adapts them to living in near darkness underground. And much like their swine brethren, while cautious they were relatively peaceful… at first.

After conversing with a few of the residents (their lack of conversation skills are comparable to their cousins speaking in one word sentences) I was welcome to remain in the village for the night and rest up before venturing further. This offer was short lived however after sparking a campfire and procuring some of the koalefant jerky I prepared for this trip from my pack. In an instant all activity in the camp ceased and they all turned their crimson eyes upon me and the food in my hands, muttering to each other about meat and murder.

Despite taking this as a sign to make my leave, they had no intentions of letting me go unpunished for slaying another creature as a means of sating my hunger. They are notably much faster than they look, making large bounds rather than running, and with a herd of well over two dozen it didn’t take them long to force me to use the meat effigy I established on the surface as a fail-safe.

Thankfully their memory is excessively short lived as the following day when I ventured below to regain my lost articles, they seemed to have forgotten me and my sins greeting me as peacefully as when I first arrived. As rocky as our first meeting was, I can’t deny how much of asset it is to have them as allies while traversing this subterranean landscape; again like pigmen, their service is easily bribed with food of their choosing.

I just have to be careful what food I consume in their presence.”

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 3

13-Clockworks.png

Entry 13 - Clockworks  ((Requested by undeadstalin))

“The fourth day into my journey to fully map out my isolated prison, I found myself having serious trouble mapping the peninsula north of my camp. Minutes into my exploration of this small landmass, I was more than a little started when I stumbled upon the first distinctly unnatural creatures on this island. The whole lot of them resembled that of chess pieces; specifically the knight, bishop, and rook pieces, seemingly man made from various scraps of metal and gears, all the while maintaining an air of violence around them.

The equī and preachermen were at first content to just observing me cautiously, silently warning me to not come near their checkered marble home while the castle slumbered. Being outnumbered five to one, the mere prospect of engaging combat was more than off-putting; and with no fail-safe measures in place, I had elected to quickly move on without disturbing their apparent sentry duty. However, almost as if to spite me, the burliest of the bunch had decided then was the best time to arise from his slumber and it charged me upon sight with the force of a train; and to my growing annoyance, that was all the encouragement the others need to join in the fray.

The knights are rather straight forward in terms of combat, choosing to bash their prey to death with their solid heads. Having been on the receiving end of a horse’s kick, these monsters hit much harder. The bishops on the other hand prefer to keep their distance, somehow calling upon some hidden power source to fire off bolts of energy to shock and paralyze their foes. 

(Note: adjust healing salve recipe to cater to electrical burns.) 

With two of each, it is quite the tag team tactic to overwhelm any intruder, namely myself.

Before the clockworks could finish my run in this deadly game, the rook charged through barely missing its mark (me) and in turn trampled its mechanized companions, rendering one as useless scrap. The sudden show of reckless abandon gave me an idea. Keeping my distance from them and the bishop’s range, much like a Spanish matador I managed to kite the raging mobile fort into its brethren, turning them against one another.

With the others quickly dealt with, I still saw little chance of success with actually storming the castle on my own. Thankfully, there are always other nasties abound. Blocking all paths to this stretch of land was a figurative sea of bee hives, consisting both cerana and their excessively violent mellifera cousins. Quickly leading the charging behemoth, I manage to avoid it long enough to trick it into charging head first into the hornets nest. With destruction it brought in its wake, it was more than enough to entice the fury of the tiny warriors. Despite his hard exterior, it was no match for the ensuing swarm, likely rupturing its circuitry from within, quickly bringing its carnage to end.

After collecting my spoils of gears and gems (I’m sure I can find a practical use for all of it back at camp) I took the time to examine what they considered so sacred to place their artificial lives on the line for. At first glance, it appears to be nothing more than an oddly shaped wooden platform, however with certain locations of groves and sockets, I’m fairly certain this is the foundation for some manner of machine. I reviewed the notes I took the night I was “gifted” with this forsaken knowledge, but it is relatively vague on this subject and offers little insight, noting only it is some manner of nexus. I’ll have to look into this manner more closely later.

At least that brute made traveling to and from this peninsula more manageable with the sudden decrease in the local killer bee population.”

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 4

14-Lureplant_1.png

Entry 14 - Lureplant  ((Requested by anon))

Once again, I find myself underestimating the flora of this world, and paying the price for it. Though I wish to state for the record while it could be debated that I provoked the rage of a certain piney giant, this was completely unwarranted. 

I left my camp yesterday morning for my bi-weekly journey to do a bit of barter with my sus scrofa neighbors to the southeast. After a fair bit of trading for resources and gold as well as spending the night, I arrived back at camp this afternoon and found to my horror it had been completely infested with some manner of carnivorous droseraceae.

Peppered through out all the camp were roughly two dozen moderately sized plants, each with a leafy bedding sprouting around a bulb that resembled an eye, and much like an eye as I drew close they would turn to observe me. Upon stepping too close however, I discovered the assumed pupil was actually a maw sporting fangs as sharp as razors. At the center of this infestation was a much larger fleshy bulb, roughly four times the size as any of the others, and from its shoots dangled a rather visibly unappealing slab of meat from its vines.

I suspected at first these plants simply had a symbiotic relationship to each other. The larger plant provides a means to lure unsuspecting predators for the smaller ones to feast on, while they in turn provide it with protection as it appeared to be defenseless in comparison. This hypothesis however is false. With a spear in hand, I managed to slay a few of the eyeplants before reaching the center, grateful to confirm the central bulb was as vulnerable as I predicted, and began to pull this weed as well. The moment I severed the last vine, the surrounding bulbs instantly went still and quickly started to wilt. For such a fatal reaction to occur so suddenly, I can only conclude all the vegetation were in fact one in the same. 

I’m utterly perplexed and borderline horrified by the alarming rate of this organism’s maturity cycle seeing as it took less than 48 hours for it to develop to this state. While I have been accused of being unorganized and chaotic in my living space (two claims I thoroughly deny), I do however have keen awareness of where I choose make my home; as temporary as it may be. I can say without a doubt there was absolutely no sign of this bizarre crop before leaving at dawn yesterday. The fact it managed to grow to maturity so quickly is absolutely staggering. 

I’m currently undecided what to do with the fleshy bulb this experience has left me with. I’m sure it will make excellent kindling, and beyond tempted to use it as such to avoid another incident. Nonetheless, I can’t deny the possibility that I have the means of starting my very own meat farm, just so long as I am careful with how I till the land to avoid what could be a deadly harvest. The only thing that makes me think twice on this is the lure itself. I find it downright offensive for anything that has such a meat-like visage to be coupled with such a vile leafy taste and texture. I’m fully aware that beggars are in no position to be choosers, and it would be foolish of me not to consider what is very likely a rather nutritious and filling meal. Perhaps if I establish it as a fallback if my food supplies got critical.

I’m just not sure if I’m ever going to be that desperate.”

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 5

That should be all of them for now. I'm currently working on writing the entry for the next page. Also:

6 minutes ago, LucasShiroi said:

These are really cool, the illustrations are great too and suit the journal theme you're going for nicely.

sort of reminds of Olimar's notes from pikmin

Thank you!! I put a lot of work and effort into these! =3

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

These are cool :) I wonder if they'll be entries on other characters/character objects in the future.

They're will be. Those were just all I had finished for the time being. I currently have 9 requests pending that I need to get done.

15-Ewecus_1.png

Entry 15 - Ewecus  ((Requested by wombadoodles))

“I never thought I would hit a breaking point when it would come to endeavors I am unwilling take in the name of scientific study, but alas it has happened. Before I start, I am forced to ask a simple question:

What in the name of Nikola Tesla was Maxwell THINKING when he devised this deplorable creature in that twisted mind of his?! 

I discovered this horrid abomination while following what I thought were familiar tracks, though needless to say what I found was neither adorable or delicious. As is any time when discovering a new creature, I attempted to keep my distance to observe and document it. Due to its resemblance to an ovis aries that has gone far too long without a sheering, I assumed the creature to be passive. This however is very very incorrect. 

It would seem this beast ensures its survival by taking the offensive when faced with something its not familiar with, going quite literally with the shoot first ask questions later tactic. Despite my distance, it was then I learned that it is able to imprisons its foes for follow up attacks…with sneezing. 

While I could commend the creature for its incredible aim, I find myself not exactly appreciative to learn so intimately it uses its own phlegm as a projectile. It was thick and pliable enough to easily hold me completely down, so I suppose a creature will use what it can in such a harsh environment; this still doesn’t excuse that it was responsible for one of the most disgusting experiences of my stay here. Thank goodness Chester was present to aid in pulling me out, but not before I had the wind kicked out of my lungs by this curmudgeon sheep. 

Gathering what was left of my dignity, I hastily made my retreat leaving the beast to hopefully be found by a pack of hounds. I’ve met many a beast here, some of which I can call literal nightmares come to life, but ironically it’s this distasteful herbivore that has me unwilling to do further study and documentation. Unless I can devise a use for its spoils that can not be substituted by anything else on this deplorable island, I’m going to do everything in my power to ensure I never cross paths with this creature or its sticky kin again.”

Edited by Icrangirl
  • Like 3