Paragon: The Summons

CloakofCrow

Paragon: The Summons

The World:  

RoleplayWorld.png

World Information:

Spoiler

Basically a group called The Paragon is terrorizing people and doing malicious things. Most of the occurrences happen in Cabaldor, whose geography and weak nations can't do much about. They ask help from Grigandale, who is almost completely unified under one kingdom to help. It is rumored that they are summoning people and things from other worlds to help eradicate the threat, but it is also rumored that The Paragon is doing the same thing. This causes a huge controversy regarding the summoned people and whether or not they are good or bad. There are multiple factions apart from the kingdom and The Paragon out there at work to find these summoned people because it is said that they hold significant power within them. It is the characters job to survive, find their place in the world, and ultimately accomplish whatever goal they desire within the large complicated world.

(This will be updated as we learn more about it through playing.)

Rules:
1.  Read Tips to Being A Good Roleplayer (Not a Roleplay!) By F3RR1S. It covers almost all the basics you need to know before joining a roleplay.
2.  No strict rules regarding what your character does. Cursing allowed, whatever.
3.  If you’re altering the world in some way, say what you’re doing and then I will say what happens or if it succeeded or not. (Ex: killing something, if you see something or not, if you hit something or not, etc.)
4.  Don’t make overpowered characters. One character per person unless they have a pet or something. I don’t want a whole party of dragons flying around. Human-like characters are better for this world. Edgy brooding characters are not fun to play with.
5.  Message me before posting your character so I can look over it first. Your character cannot have lived in the world before unless you are joining in later.

Character Creation: 

Spoiler

Name: (What’s your character’s name/nickname?)
Race: (What is your character? Also add gender.)

Backstory: (Who was your character before he/she was taken out of his/her world? Optional.)

Abilities/Disabilities:
• (What special things can your character do?)
• (What things hinder your character?)

Appearance: (What does your character look like? Give enough description to where someone may be able to draw your character!)

Extra stuff: (Anything else you would like to add that you couldn’t above? Picture?)

Characters:

@Dannyrulx: The Twins, Rome and Rema

Spoiler

Name: Rome & Rema (aka The Twins.)
Race: Human

Backstory: Under extremely unlikely and strange situations, twins can be born sharing a soul. Normally, these twins are of the same gender, however Rome and Rema are one of the very few who are born different genders. As with all soul-sharers, one party (Rome) has two souls, and Rema has none. Because of this, magic is especially potent for Rome, and Rema is deathborn (can never use magic. Ever.) To make up for this, Rema has become a physical beast of a fighter, with magical supplements from her twin.

Abilities/Disabilities: Rome is a potent magic user and can transmorph Rema's weaponry for various situations. He is, however entirely mute and speaks through Rema, making it hard to decipher who's talking. As a counter to this, he is extremely physically weak, and very lightweight. (And they constantly argue. Have you ever seen a person argue with themselves?)
Rema, on the other hand, is physically very fit and strong, and a powerful front line fighter. She is, however, deathborn and soulless. Although she still 'has' a soul through Rome, should Rome die, she will too. If Rema dies, Rome will live on however.

Appearance: Rome wears a light grey tunic with leather padding underneath, and a pair of black leather boots. Unlike his twin, his hair is half black and half white due to an incident where he needed to soulburn. Rema's hair is pitch black, and she wears a set of plate armor. Both of the twins have the same facial structure and eye color, a muted grey/blue.

Spoiler

If there are any questions regarding anything please ask. Remember to message me about your character before posting it. You may also want to make some backup characters because it is easy to die if you aren’t careful.

If there are too many people for me to handle I will need a secondary game master person to help control/keep track of all the situations. Message me if you are interested.

Again, if there are any questions, ask me and I’ll reply. 
I live in the US (so you know around what my time zone is)

Races that are native to the world are Merms, Pigs, Wildbore, Humans, Ents, various werecreatures, and Boor (half bear people, like my profile pic)

Edited by CloakofCrow
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, CloakofCrow said:

I don’t want a whole party of dragons flying around.

(Hides Dragon and Cinis.)

I may join later. Might just lurk for now.

So is there like...a backstory or something?

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 1

I might be more interested in joining if I knew anything about the world or the plot, if I had a hook to catch on to, but as it is I think I'll just lurk for a bit. Wait until this has started so I can get a better idea if I want to participate and what character to use.

• Like 2

Basically a group called The Paragon is terrorizing people and doing malicious things. Most of the occurrences happen in Cabaldor, whose geography and weak nations can't do much about. They ask help from Grigandale, who is almost completely unified under one kingdom to help. It is rumored that they are summoning people and things from other worlds to help eradicate the threat, but it is also rumored that The Paragon is doing the same thing. This causes a huge controversy regarding the summoned people and whether or not they are good or bad. There are multiple factions apart from the kingdom and The Paragon out there at work to find these summoned people because it is said that they hold significant power within them. It is the characters job to survive, find their place in the world, and ultimately accomplish whatever goal they desire within the large complicated world.

• Like 2

On 5/22/2016 at 11:12 AM, CloakofCrow said:

One character per person unless they have a pet or something.

*Throws out Pixie Twins*

Edgy brooding characters are not fun to play with.

Hmmm... idk if he counts but...

*Throws out Tatters*

You may also want to make some backup characters because it is easy to die if you aren’t careful.

*Throws out lore heavy character that will remained unnamed*

I'll probably join if I can find/make a character that works. We'll see.

7 hours ago, CloakofCrow said:

It is rumored that they are summoning people and things from other worlds to help eradicate the threat

Is this a forceful summoning or mercenary-esk job recruitment? 

Edited by Zeklo
Fixed formatting.

4 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

*Throws out lore heavy character that will renamed unnamed*

Don't you mean "remain"?

It... was a metaphor...? >.>

*fixes error*

I swear I have dyslexia or something.

• Like 1

@Zeklo, I will probably throw out the one character rule. I just don't want people to have multiple different characters in multiple different areas and be hard to keep track of. You can make an edgy character if you can be creative with it. I just didn't want people sitting around in a corner their whole roleplay experience being sad. Don't throw out a character if you're afraid they will die, just be careful out there! The summonings seem to be just random people (or creatures, whatever). If you want to make it so your character had contact with the world and was willing to be transported I guess that's fine. Otherwise it would seem as if they had no control who, what, and where the summoned are from. They can't even seem to control where they end up in the world after being transported.

@Chris1488, I don't really have a character that I'm playing. I have this lady that will be seen a lot though and is technically a good guy. 

Spoiler

Name: Olaeri
Race: Human (Female)

Personality: Tactical, Leader-like, Outgoing, Protective
Appearance: Tan skin, green eyes, long brown hair, orange dress, gold crown

Strengths: Has a palomino colored horse named Goldilocks. The horse can hold things, travel fast, and other things you would expect from a horse. She is very influential and persuasive, she can even have small animals do her bidding and calm creatures. She seems to know what she’s doing all the time.

Weaknesses: The horse needs food and water and care because it’s a horse. She is very uncomfortable about being alone without her horse. She doesn’t participate in violence and killing but will let others do it for her.

It's really nothing big. Just make a character however you wish.

Edited by CloakofCrow
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Psst Danny, try not to take control of the RP or piss off the host this time. Apparently that's been happening a lot recently).

(I've got a reputation to maintain now!!!!!!111!!!!ii!!!)

(Eh, I'll do my best if this gets off the ground.)

I also want to add that I will be rolling dice behind the scenes for almost everything, just for funzies. We could also skip the basic, "Ohh my head is hurting because I was ripped out of my world into this one. Better pick up this grass just in case I need it later..."

Basically the only thing that is related to Don't Starve is the races and some monsters and the whole concept of being brought into the world and surviving. Otherwise it's practically d&d.

• Like 1

Righty Ho. The Twins:

Name: Rome & Rema (aka The Twins.)
Race: Human

Backstory: Under extremely unlikely and strange situations, twins can be born sharing a soul. Normally, these twins are of the same gender, however Rome and Rema are one of the very few who are born different genders. As with all soul-sharers, one party (Rome) has two souls, and Rema has none. Because of this, magic is especially potent for Rome, and Rema is deathborn (can never use magic. Ever.) To make up for this, Rema has become a physical beast of a fighter, with magical supplements from her twin.

Abilities/Disabilities: Rome is a potent magic user and can transmorph Rema's weaponry for various situations. He is, however entirely mute and speaks through Rema, making it hard to decipher who's talking. As a counter to this, he is extremely physically weak, and very lightweight. (And they constantly argue. Have you ever seen a person argue with themselves?)
Rema, on the other hand, is physically very fit and strong, and a powerful front line fighter. She is, however, deathborn and soulless. Although she still 'has' a soul through Rome, should Rome die, she will too. If Rema dies, Rome will live on however.

Appearance: Rome wears a light grey tunic with leather padding underneath, and a pair of black leather boots. Unlike his twin, his hair is half black and half white due to an incident where he needed to soulburn. Rema's hair is pitch black, and she wears a set of plate armor. Both of the twins have the same facial structure and eye color, a muted grey/blue.

• Like 2

Name: Herne
Race: Undead human

Backstory: The past can become hazy after one is brought back from the dead. Independent of however she may remember it, fact is that G.H. was a poor girl in the southern United Kingdom, and a skilled thief. That is, until in her thirties she was double-crossed and hanged by her crime partners after a successful act of larceny. It's unknown how much time she spent dead and missing in the depths of Windsor Forest, but I found her and gave back what one thing was ever stolen from this wonderful rogue, at the price of her servitude to my coven. Now she exists not anymore as G.H., but as Herne, the Hunter, like me and all the others brought back before and after her.

Abilities/Disabilities:
• From her times as human, Herne kept the stealth, cunning and smarts required by her profession. During her times in the realms of death, Herne learned the meaninglessness of her own existence, and as such now identifies herself as no self at all, putting whatever goal presented by peers ahead of her own life. Because she was accepted into a coven of forest spirits, Herne learned how to survive with only what nature could give her, as well as how to use archery with deadly precision. Beyond that, she can resist frost for longer than normal humans and has a smell of freshness, fruit of the forest magic that restored most of her body, that can calm wild beasts in certain conditions. 
• Despite being brought back from the dead, Herne still needs to maintain her body, but because her organs had already suffered decay when the Herne Patron found her they couldn't be restored to full power, and so she needs more water and food to stay in shape while also not being able to eat and drink too much, for it would be excessive work for her body and vomiting would ensue. Her mental health too wasn't within reach of the Patron's magic to restore, and as consequence more of being brought back than of ever being dead, Herne is haunted by schizophrenia.

Appearance: As traits of her human body, Herne has brownish skin (although turned greener by the Patron's magic), feline face, nubian nose and a thin upper lip while the lower is thick. Also, she is slim and relatively tall. As traits of being raised as a forest spirit, her pupils have turned vertical and her iris nearly colorless. For clothing, Herne uses a dark green tunic with long sleeves, brown leather gloves and boots, black leather pants and, covering her face, an elk skull turned into a mask.

• Like 3