Klei's official servers

2 hours ago, JanH said:

Thank you for the report. We are monitoring our servers and are working on ways to better improve official public servers. 

I faced this problem too , was just random when i played on the server someday it started to lag with more players. Other days it runs smooth with Full House 8 players seems a bit for me like an connection fail im not sure where Klei Host their servers from inhouse or from rent servers. But probably checking that.

Btw Question would Klei ever consider making 1 Offical Dedicated server with some Protection Mods ? i mean Mods that Prevent griefing and Trolling, The mods "Ownership", "Ownership Modify", "Fire&Wall Protection" and "Afk Detection" are a masterpiece on Mod combination to make Dedicated servers secure and more enjoyable. And they dont Distract the game flow at all.
The Offical Dedicated servers from Klei seems pretty popular but are also the sametime very attractive to the people that make bad things on there. So having 1 or 2 Protected servers would be pretty cool for people that love the klei servers but also want to prevent the bad people of the community and really play together.

Edit : I saw already on Offical server 6 people playing and surviving nearly 200 Days and then 1 Guy came and burned the entire base down. And destroyed the hard work of this people, its just sad :/.

Greetings

3 hours ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

I faced this problem too , was just random when i played on the server someday it started to lag with more players. Other days it runs smooth with Full House 8 players seems a bit for me like an connection fail im not sure where Klei Host their servers from inhouse or from rent servers. But probably checking that.

Btw Question would Klei ever consider making 1 Offical Dedicated server with some Protection Mods ? i mean Mods that Prevent griefing and Trolling, The mods "Ownership", "Ownership Modify", "Fire&Wall Protection" and "Afk Detection" are a masterpiece on Mod combination to make Dedicated servers secure and more enjoyable. And they dont Distract the game flow at all.
The Offical Dedicated servers from Klei seems pretty popular but are also the sametime very attractive to the people that make bad things on there. So having 1 or 2 Protected servers would be pretty cool for people that love the klei servers but also want to prevent the bad people of the community and really play together.

Edit : I saw already on Offical server 6 people playing and surviving nearly 200 Days and then 1 Guy came and burned the entire base down. And destroyed the hard work of this people, its just sad :/.

Greetings

You know what would be even better!...vote kick being enabled, that'd be nice since they did add it as a feature to the game, why is this not on for dedicated servers by dafault?

Edit: Unless it is, and people just turn it off for no gosh dern reason, sorry it's kind of rude of me to criticize something I haven't used/made, deeply sorry @Klei

2 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

You know what would be even better!...vote kick being enabled, that'd be nice since they did add it as a feature to the game, why is this not on for dedicated servers by dafault?

Edit: Unless it is, and people just turn it off for no gosh dern reason, sorry it's kind of rude of me to criticize something I haven't used/made, deeply sorry @Klei

@GiddyGuy
The Problem that can occur then is probably Dominating Offical Servers by Groups abusing the Votekik.

5 hours ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

The Problem that can occur then is probably Dominating Offical Servers by Groups abusing the Votekik.

*has group of friends* Duhhh I don't know what you're talking about? :^)

Though you're probably right, still better than not being able to do anything.

Edit: Also I don't think Klei has admins, like ever on their servers so if anything it would be hella great if they did this.

I can't go into great detail. But, work is being done on vote kick right this moment. In addition we are taking a hard look at the public server experience. We have a lot that we are working on in this area and we will provide more information once some things are a bit more set in stone. 

Thanks for all your suggestions and thoughts, keep em coming!

39 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I can't go into great detail. But, work is being done on vote kick right this moment. In addition we are taking a hard look at the public server experience. We have a lot that we are working on in this area and we will provide more information once some things are a bit more set in stone. 

Thanks for all your suggestions and thoughts, keep em coming!

JoeW our feral Hero \ o /

The thing about Klei servers is that they are the servers that attract the most troublemakers. I have a friend who is currently banned from a server (Can't remember if it was a Klei server or not) because a WX-78 was harassing him with a torch and burning everything down near him. When it came time to ban the troublemaker, he quickly changed his name to my friend's name and let him take all the blame. The system needs work, I'll give you that much.

Archived