Refuel bottle lanterns

hyiltiz

Lanters are so useful because they are refuable from a renewable source: lightbulbs. Bottle Lanterns does not have a reneable refuel yet. Yes, you can link to RoG to bring back lightbulbs. But, hey, not everyone links (majority plays separate I assume), and even if you do, are you hopping worlds just to bring 40 lightbulbs? More than that will rot anyway.

4 hours ago, TeoSS69 said:

Slurtle Slime.

He's addressing the issue that there's no renewable fuel without world linking, not that light bulbs rot too quickly. Besides, light bulbs are much better for fuelling light sources from empty to full very quickly due to their abundance.

For Shipwrecked, maybe blubber from whales could be made a fuel for bottle lanterns. Or maybe an entirely different, fire-based lantern could be added that runs on blubber and (very inefficiently however) twigs and grass. I do agree that the lack of renewable light fuel is an issue, because world linking is NOT Shipwrecked and shouldn't be used as a solution to problems in the expansion.

Not so sure about blubber but sounds like a good reason for hunting; there is actually no good reason for hunting now. We already got enough food, and eyebrella and aerodynamic hat is much better versions of the blubber versions of it.

On 4/16/2016 at 1:03 PM, DeputyDeath said:

He's addressing the issue that there's no renewable fuel without world linking, not that light bulbs rot too quickly.

I quoted that specific part of his post for a reason.

On 4/16/2016 at 1:03 PM, DeputyDeath said:

light bulbs are much better

Maybe when you're underground. Slurtle Slime lets your refuel more quickly without waste, letting you keep up the bigger light radius in Lanterns.

Doesn't matter though. Magiluminescence and Moggles are what people should go for end game at this point.

32 minutes ago, TeoSS69 said:

I quoted that specific part of his post for a reason.

Maybe when you're underground. Slurtle Slime lets your refuel more quickly without waste, letting you keep up the bigger light radius in Lanterns.

Doesn't matter though. Magiluminescence and Moggles are what people should go for end game at this point.

Why the Magiluminescence? I understand the moggles but not an amulet. The only amulets I'd consider using at all would be the life giving and chilled. I guess the construction amulet is useful, but I never tend to use thelucite much so it's unnecessary really.

This is coming from somebody who never uses magic items though, so my opinion is certainly uninformed. 

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

Why the Magiluminescence? I understand the moggles but not an amulet. The only amulets I'd consider using at all would be the life giving and chilled. I guess the construction amulet is useful, but I never tend to use thelucite much so it's unnecessary really.

This is coming from somebody who never uses magic items though, so my opinion is certainly uninformed. 

It takes up the chest slot freeing your hand and head slot, gives you a speed boost, and is renewable due to being refuelable with nightmare fuel.

39 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It takes up the chest slot freeing your hand and head slot, gives you a speed boost, and is renewable due to being refuelable with nightmare fuel.

It's refuellable? I did not know that. How much does one nightmare fuel restore of its durability and is it cost-effective?

As someone who constantly wears a backpack - only wearing a log suit for giant fights or rain coat in Spring nights - having the chest slot taken would be a massive inconvenience to me. This is particularly true in Shipwrecked because I use the booty bag to farm gold.

4 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

It's refuellable? I did not know that. How much does one nightmare fuel restore of its durability and is it cost-effective?

As someone who constantly wears a backpack - only wearing a log suit for giant fights or rain coat in Spring nights - having the chest slot taken would be a massive inconvenience to me. This is particularly true in Shipwrecked because I use the booty bag to farm gold.

Refuelable only in Shipwrecked (and SW compatible worlds). 1 fuel = 25%. Nightmare fuel is pretty easy to get, and if you're not playing Maxwell you're generally not going to use it much for anything else once you've crafted most of the stuff it needs.

3 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Refuelable only in Shipwrecked (and SW compatible worlds). 1 fuel = 25%. Nightmare fuel is pretty easy to get, and if you're not playing Maxwell you're generally not going to use it much for anything else once you've crafted most of the stuff it needs.

Wait, only in SW and SW compatible worlds? But it exists in normal worlds too and does the same in DST.

28 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Wait, only in SW and SW compatible worlds? But it exists in normal worlds too and does the same in DST.

The refueling change was only added in the SW files, mainly because it can be obtained without ruins via treasure so it made sense to be fuel able. To my knowledge it does not work in worlds not compatible with SW since they're not running Shipwrecked files.

It was only just recently changed to be refuel able in DST

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

The refueling change was only added in the SW files, mainly because it can be obtained without ruins via treasure so it made sense to be fuel able. To my knowledge it does not work in worlds not compatible with SW since they're not running Shipwrecked files.

It was only just recently changed to be refuel able in DST

Ah, I thought it was in all files and not just SW and DST ones.

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Refuelable only in Shipwrecked

Pretty sure it does in normal ones too since I could do it in my pre-SW Wolfgang world. 1 Fuel also restores 37.5% of Durability. meaning you should only fuel it twice every time otherwise you end up wasting part of the 3rd. Personally I just do it when it reaches 25%. This will end up doing pretty well with Maxwell and Willow since the only weather effect that can't be dealt with non-equipable items is Rain and they have no Sanity problems.

I like the sound of blubber being latern fuel, but this would require it to not be firepit fuel anymore (unless the fuel component gets changed).

On 17.4.2016 at 9:40 PM, DeputyDeath said:

The only amulets I'd consider using at all would be the life giving and chilled.

No "insanity" or "construction"? The chilling amulet is by far the worst and the only one I would never use by the time it is craftable.

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

I like the sound of blubber being latern fuel, but this would require it to not be firepit fuel anymore (unless the fuel component gets changed).

No "insanity" or "construction"? The chilling amulet is by far the worst and the only one I would never use by the time it is craftable.

Nah, Chilled is actually nice in summer/dry season at times. If you want to point at a horrible amulet, may I remind you of the lazy forager? 

Just wanted to mention Bottle Lanterns are refuelable with Bioluminessence AND Fireflies. Fireflies are renewable now thanks to the slot machine. When you get the result with butterflies coming out and a net, there also spawns some fireflies right in front of the slot machine. You'll obviously only see them at night

2 hours ago, TalZahn said:

Just wanted to mention Bottle Lanterns are refuelable with Bioluminessence AND Fireflies. Fireflies are renewable now thanks to the slot machine. When you get the result with butterflies coming out and a net, there also spawns some fireflies right in front of the slot machine. You'll obviously only see them at night

But the chances at getting Fireflies are very, very small. I don't consider this option a consistent way to make fireflies renewable 

3 hours ago, TalZahn said:

well keep calling stuff from there a reliable renewable light source

On 16.04.2016 at 1:03 PM, DeputyDeath said:

For Shipwrecked, maybe blubber from whales could be made a fuel for bottle lanterns.

^ Exactly. As it was suggested many times before, blubber should refuel bottle lanterns. This would solve two problems: refueling lanterns and we would have a reason to hunt whales.

6 hours ago, voyager156 said:

^ Exactly. As it was suggested many times before, blubber should refuel bottle lanterns. This would solve two problems: refueling lanterns and we would have a reason to hunt whales.

How good would be blubbler's refuel percentage? The usual 39%. I wish, it would be 100%. It is kinda silly that the refuel value is inferior to the crafting value for fireflies and bioluminescence. 

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

How good would be blubbler's refuel percentage? The usual 39%. I wish, it would be 100%. It is kinda silly that the refuel value is inferior to the crafting value for fireflies and bioluminescence. 

Blubber is such a great fuel. Anything less than 100% would be silly, and is better spent fueling flingo.

Archived