Ghost Ship ( つ◕-◕ )つ

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

I suggested a hat unique to the Chest of the Depths which, when worn, will summon a ghost ship. The ghost ship drains your sanity and if you're not wearing the hat it ceases to exist.

That's pretty good! :0

Just put it in the Shadow Manipulator tier and it'll be great!

Just now, DwerBomb said:

That's pretty good! :0

Just put it in the Shadow Manipulator tier and it'll be great!

I suggested it when I thought Quacken might be buffed, and if it'll get a serious buff, the loot needs to be upgraded accordingly. 

Shadow Manipulator can work though.

Just now, AnonymousKoala said:

I suggested it when I thought Quacken might be buffed, and if it'll get a serious buff, the loot needs to be upgraded accordingly. 

Shadow Manipulator can work though.

It can be both c:

Although having another use for living logs (ghost ship) would be good. But the hat could use living logs as an ingredient too

9 minutes ago, SapphireBullets said:

What if in exchange for it's powers, shadow creatures spawn and attack you as if you were insane while you're riding it?

That would be cool, since I rarely go insane so I don't get to see the glorious horrifying monstrosity that is the swimming horror and it's attack animation.

1 hour ago, RyanandLink said:

That would be cool, since I rarely go insane so I don't get to see the glorious horrifying monstrosity that is the swimming horror and it's attack animation.

They are nothing to write home about tbh. Also if you really want to go Insane in SW either provoke Apes or just play WX and wait for Hurricane Season. My Sanity was basicly at 0 for 50% of the season but damn if it didn't help me stock up on Nightmarefuel.

As for a Ghostship. Obviously i would love something like that people have suggested it for Weeks now and i still think it's a good idea to give us a really good reason to stock up on Nightmarefuel to make a Boat like this.

Personally here is what i say it should COnsist of: 10-15 Nightmarefuel, 4 Papyrus and 1 Cloth.

Now you probably wonder why i didn't Include wood or any other actual boatmaterial in this Recipe and i can give a good reason as to why. It's the actual Concept of the Nightmaregear. You ever wonderd how Nightmarefuel+ Sticks make a Sword? It's because the weapon itself isn't real at least for the most part. it's a figment of the Characters immagination and that's why those Items drain sanity when used because the character literally manifests his Imagination into a weapon that can deal physical damage. I mean i guess everyone at leats once in their lives picked up a Stick and imamgined it to be a Sword and that's what the Nightmareguer is all about.

So a boat made out of Nightmarefuel should not include actual Boatmaterial instead it it needs to be made out of things that can be tuned into a Ship through immagination. That's why i went with papyrus because it's the closest we got to Paper because Paperships and Cloth is basicly that little sail you make for them if you really want to put effort into making one (only for it to sink a bit later cause the paper got extremly Soaked).

As for abilitys. Since it's not an actual physical Object the Ghostship will Ignore Wavecollision (however you still get Wet but when you use this you will be insane anyway) as well as being as fast as the Rowboat with the Ironwind (i think that's the fastes a boat can go) maybe even faster. This also means it comes with a Premade Sail so you can't switch gear on it like you could with other boats. No idea how much Durability it should have but i say 300-450 should be good.

17 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Also if you really want to go Insane in SW either provoke Apes or just play WX and wait for Hurricane Season. My Sanity was basicly at 0 for 50% of the season but damn if it didn't help me stock up on Nightmarefuel.

There is also the option of stuffing your face with raw Seaweed :wilson_laugh:

What in Hurricane Season makes you insane as WX? I mean, there is wetness, but as WX I probably put more effort into staying dry than ever.

2 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

What in Hurricane Season makes you insane as WX? I mean, there is wetness, but as WX I probably put more effort into staying dry than ever.

when you overcharge you lose a great amont of sanity.

Just now, Daggaroth said:

I mean more because of Lightningbolts since getting hit and activating SYSTEM OVERLOAD drains a good chnuck of your Sanity. However it's still the best season to farm Nightmare Fuel because of the frequent Bolts you don't really have to worry so much about HP because if you fight the SHadows in a Storm you probably get a refill every other minute.

Also i never found Wetness as WX so much of a hassle in SW heck i actually abuse the mechanic a lot to explore a bit more in Hurricane Season since his Shortcircut sparks provide just enought light to keep Charlie at bay so if the Wind comes just hop on your boat drive facefirst into a wave and be good for the rest of the Night. As for HP considering how common fish is in SW i can just carry a whole bunch of Fishsticks with me to refill HP in a pinch and since i'm WX spoilage doesn't bother me either.

Archived