Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"Who needs water? We're surrounded by it!" Otto said "I'm actually sick of the sight of water now. Who would have thought... an otter, sick of water. It's absurd. Even more absurd than a squirrel needing reading glasses... then again, I know some adopted otters that don't know how to swim. There may be hope for us yet"

(The glasses is actually a reference to Red's human form. I decided to give Red reading glasses later however due to his intellect and interest of reading. He doesn't wear them all the time however).

"Aw, you guys worry too much.  The only way you guys could POSSIBLY die there is by getting impaled on my teeth.  Or getting crushed.  Or you boat tipping over.  Or..."

She proceeds to list off a series of gruesome and..."quirkily creative" ways the group could, in fact, die in there.

9 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

"PLEASE STOP TALKING RIGHT NOW" Wallan says, getting really annoyed. He almost falls off the boat again.

(LOPALGHW guys I think that's the hidden message!)

Gilda glares at Otto, but she's too tired and dehydrated to reply.

• Like 2

"...slowly melted alive WHILE getting suffocated...Ooh!  Then we have - "

She pauses when Wallan yells at her.  "well okay jeez if it seriously bothers you that much i'll stop..."

Edited by Battal
  • Like 1

Kate puts Noctimus on her shoulder so she can better keep an eye on and protect him. She spots the dreamcatcher on the floor. When she picks it up, she sees the frame is broken. It must have gotten crushed when the boat was rocking violently that morning. The glob of nightmare fuel that was holding it to the ceiling was gone. She is hesitant to ask Syndfir to fix it, as she was afriad he'd be upset it broke. She decided to set it aside to deal with later. She went up deck to check on what's going on, and sees the pile of raw fish. She's hungry, but she can't cook, and she's not going to eat it raw.

Dragon licks the puddle of spilt coffee. Her tail thumps happily.

(Yes, I know, this is terribly, terribly written, but at least it's something.)

The island is quite a distance away; for our party, at least.  With their new Niellatursail, distance isn't much of a problem.  After an hour of slowly swaying back and forth as the massive Tursai propels itself forward, they finally start to near the island.  Niella looks down at the little stretch of land, examining it for any prevalent threats; then, she takes the boat out, and sets it in the water.  It's intact, but could use a bit of a wash to get all the glowing monster spit off it.

"Have fun!"  She says, waving to them.  "If you need any help, just start screaming."

• Like 3