Guys, like, I have, like, an idea. Guys, listen.

So, they are a character, right? But, like, hear me out hear, like, but they're like, a fish person right? Stay with me now, stay with me. And, they can live in the water, spawning there, swimming around all like "Wow, I can live in the water" and stuff. They do not lose sanity when wet, mainly being 100% wet when in the water. Alright, stay with me, here's the but, okay? But, the character cannot walk on land, so they gotta make a land-boat or something, right, like a wagon or something. When on land, the wetness meter can slowly go down, with sanity going down when they are too dry. Might change up this idea or something, maybe they can walk on land but lose health by being too dry, allowing tides and pools of water to seem more positive in nature.

I pretty much came up with this in like, a minute.

Also, buoy bishops.

That is all.

Yeah.. Unfortunately, how is the fish dude gonna get his flint and what not. The sea is pretty barren right now. To play a reversed character you would have to reverse the whole game. Another problem is that he won't be RoG compatible.

Hey op, like, i got an idea, okay?, like, stay with me here, like, wait, oh, ok, like, could you write normally? i didnt read anything! like

Alright, so, like, it's like, okay so, it's like, a fish, like okay, stay with me here, a person, like, who, can like, okay hold on, he can, like, live in the water, like all that jazz, and, like, he likes to be wet, alright, and, like, land-boats, and like, buoy bishops, like, all that, in one character. god dang.

Okay it's a guy who lives in the water, likes to be wet, and has difficulty traversing land, perhaps needing a boat, or just getting rapidly dry on land, getting debuffs.

Also bishops shaped like buoys.

C'mon people, it works. Buoy Bishops. Look at the design people, think about it. Relish it.

I myself was playing with the idea of a "swamp hag" character that can wade through/build on Mangroves/Coral Reefs, and instead loses sanity when transitioning through fully wet and fully dry states. Never really said anything about it though since it'd throw the Meteor and Flood seasons way above/below the difficulty curve, respectively.

Nevertheless, an aquatic character could still probably work with proper design.Not

I don't like the idea of having him need to stay in water all the time, but I do like the idea of making him get a buff for being wet and/or eventually going insane from being too dry.

It would be tricky to figure out how to balance him so that he doesn't become OP though since there's so much rain all the time that being on land wouldn't be a huge problem most of the time. Also not having to build boats would be a really huge boon.

He would have to have some serious negative to balance it out, but again if the penalty for being on land was too high that would make the character unplayable.

Either way I love this idea, would make for a very interesting 'flip-the-game-upside-down' type character like webber.

So i was thinking a bit more about that Fishguy and may got some ideas.

He basicly starts with Higher HP, base Sanity and smaller stomach.

He could swim in the shallow water (so everything that is lightblue) but can't use tools or weapons but you can still collect items while swimming

He refuses to eat any type fo food that isn't out of the ocean (so Meat and Monstermeat) or not related to seafood (going from a small german sentence of "Wat der Bauer nicht kennt dat isst er nicht" translated to "What the farmer doesn't know he won't eat")

While at a high wetness level (around 70 points) his scally skin gives him the possibility that melee attacks won't him him because he's so slippery that fangs and fist just slip of.

If he gets below 30 Wetness he starts to dry out and slowly looses HP similar to freezing or overheating.

Also because his skin doesn't safe moisture as good he dries of faster then anyone else.

Any thing else we could add?

Archived