Constant Lava Rocks Falling?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but on day 75 I've just got constant rocks dropping. As in the moment the previous one hits the nest one is already plummeting down. It's already destroyed almost everything on one island, and even sailing is getting impossible with trying to avoid the dozens of waves created by consecutive drops. Please tell me this is a glitch or something signifying the end of this season, I've got food stocked up on me (thanks to the rocks killing and cooling monkeys), but after a while this is just going to get frustrating not being able to do anything but avoid the falling rocks.

I was running around for like 13 days or something, then it stopped, though it did land one hit right on my head and i resurected on touchstone :grin:

P.S. you have a small break when the evening comes and during night, for the next summer im gonna prepare lots of food and just sleep the whole summer, to fast forward this period =)

No, I mean as in no break at all, day or night. It literally was one hit, the next one was already falling day and night. Like when the initial season started it was no problem because there were "pauses" between the rocks falling and breaks at night. from day 72 or 73 to midway through day 75 there were no breaks or pauses at all, it was just constant until, I'm assuming, the season ended midway through day 75.

I did that a few times hoping it would fix itself, but the only thing that seemed to right it was going into the next season. :/

I'm on my 22nd consecutive day of volcanic rain (day 82 overall). The season marker changed, the weather changed, but the rain continues. Constant volcanic rain and it just ramped up to absurd proportions - the rocks began falling ~1 second apart and don't stop for any reason, day or night. 

Leaving the game, waiting it out, going to different parts of the map... so far nothing has worked for me.

Well i don't know if i want to continue with my world now if summer is "sleep trough" season. There should be like 3-4x that we get this meteor falling trough whole summer ... maybe 2-3 is better number.

Game mechanics that are making you just run around for whole summer for how long? 15 days probably so 8minx15? Or is it 4min? Anyway it is ONE HOUR at minimum to just run around in game only to avoid death? Not a cool game IMHO

MAYBE it should be 2x meteor shower and that ash from that meteor will be hurting you like poison if you don't wear that gas mask? This is much better system for summer season = punishing, preventable a little, more fun, NOT "SLEEP TROUGH" season

OR some hard but effective way of preventing volcano?

I hope Klei will address this issue ASAP

It sounds like you've all had it easy. Mine started at about day 25, in winter. I had two, then five consecutive waves, falling at about one every second. I managed to get up to about day 40.

This is clearly a bug, as no one would program this mechanic. Klei should really fix it, as it makes the game unplayable.

It is NOT fun. It is NOT exciting. It is ONLY irritating and frustrating.

Sure, poison me, flood my base, make me go insane, saturate my body. But this is just stupid.

Got caught by that bug during my volcano season, too. "earth shakes" while previous meteorite outrage didn't finish yet, and started to overlap. One meteorite every second and never finishes.

Happened to me, I was sailing around dodging boulders when the ground was shaking again during the shower! AND SEA HOUNDS CAME! The first shower ended and i got back to my island with 3 hp left on my boat (armoured boat too) and about 9 seconds later the second rumble for another shower happened. Now I am stuck on my island with 30 seconds to get ready for the next shower. Thanks, Klei.  :mad-new:

Happened to me, I was sailing around dodging boulders when the ground was shaking again during the shower! AND SEA HOUNDS CAME! The first shower ended and i got back to my island with 3 hp left on my boat (armoured boat too) and about 9 seconds later the second rumble for another shower happened. Now I am stuck on my island with 30 seconds to get ready for the next shower. Thanks, Klei.  :mad-new:

Boulders that land in water can't hurt you at all, in fact you can stand on the shadow and be 100% fine.

Only the big waves it create can hurt your boat.

It sounds like you've all had it easy. Mine started at about day 25, in winter. I had two, then five consecutive waves, falling at about one every second. I managed to get up to about day 40.

This is clearly a bug, as no one would program this mechanic. Klei should really fix it, as it makes the game unplayable.

It is NOT fun. It is NOT exciting. It is ONLY irritating and frustrating.

Sure, poison me, flood my base, make me go insane, saturate my body. But this is just stupid.

It is no bug if you picked volcano staff it starts eruptions in whatever season you are in.. Pretty much like summer trap in RoG but only season does not change but eruption starts.

Picked up the naturally spawned Volcano Staff and it made the Volcano active afterwards. Its a cute little drawback, however its been active for over ~12 days now. Also it keeps the current season still rolling so it makes it pretty damn hard. Might as well call it a Hardcore Mode.

Also noticed it had constant lava rocks falling. Its easy to notice when the rumbling noise stops. Only way to fix it is to quit and come back, but only to find that the volcano starts to get active again without much of a pause.

Still gotta see if this is permanent though.

It is no bug if you picked volcano staff it starts eruptions in whatever season you are in.. Pretty much like summer trap in RoG but only season does not change but eruption starts.

Starts, I can understand. But continues? That is either a bug or poor design choice. Hopefully the former.

Nerf volcano, please. Can't even take the time to make a damn repair kit because there's a mini gun of volcanic rocks falling from the sky (stopped off at a mini island to grab stingers, ended up not being able to leave the island for fear of it smashing my boat before I jumped on it). Playing Wig, had helm on, got one shot the only time I got hit with full hp. Game was going so well, too

I'm having the same problem. Is been three days in a row without any stop. The only sourse of food is the birds that get killed with the rocks. Is so frustating that I gave up on that save and start a new one. But is going to be really annoying the summer part. I really hope they fix it soon or really hope for the world settings.

Archived