Pond Conversion

Here's another one of my far-fetched ridiculous ideas that sometimes gain popularity but end up disappearing! Pond conversion! This might be better as a mod. Anyway, in this idea, you could use and ice staff to cool down a magma pool, use a pick to mine out the pool, then wait for it to rain, and presto! You have a pond! In turn, you could use a fire staff to dry out a pond, fill it with rocks, and use a fire staff again to melt the rocks, creating a magma pool! Finally, (yes, I know part of this is a mod already) you could mine a frozen pond for ice to create (temporarily in Winter) a regular pond! In turn, you could use an ice staff on a pond and mine some emergency ice in summer.

I think that everything could be frozen with an ice staff, including food that will make it last longer like in Icebox and structures could be frozen and they won't catch fire or be destroyed without getting unfrozen first...

Since we're at it, why doesn't the purple staff allow us to reposition structures and the orange staff to reset traps from afar? Oh right, because it would make something possible but challenging too simple, as opposed to the original idea of pond conversion, which is to allow something previously impossible.

Since we're at it, why doesn't the purple staff allow us to reposition structures and the orange staff to reset traps from afar? Oh right, because it would make something possible but challenging too simple, as opposed to the original idea of pond conversion, which is to allow something previously impossible.

well its not like its gonna get real anyways, its just a suggestion, or lets make a mod and make ourselves happy then? :happypigs:

A converted water -> lava pond would cool and harden to rock after a day, and a converted lava -> water pond would boil off from the magma beneath.  Just doesn't make sense.  I'm not saying don't do it, though.  Heck, make a mod to convert them to banana ponds if you want to.  

Freezing a pond for emergency ice makes sense though.  With a magic staff, because realism.  More to the point, it would actually fill a need, whereas what's the point of converting a fishing pond to lava?  All that would do is set the frogs from neighbouring ponds on fire modinfo's almost done.

A converted water -> lava pond would cool and harden to rock after a day, and a converted lava -> water pond would boil off from the magma beneath.  Just doesn't make sense.  I'm not saying don't do it, though.  Heck, make a mod to convert them to banana ponds if you want to.  

Freezing a pond for emergency ice makes sense though.  With a magic staff, because realism.  More to the point, it would actually fill a need, whereas what's the point of converting a fishing pond to lava?  All that would do is set the frogs from neighbouring ponds on fire modinfo's almost done.

This is a game where you put 3 sticks and a dragon fruit in a pot to make a pie. In addition, this is to potentially make the dragonfly arena less dangerous with a bit of effort, and to make lava pits for whatver weird purpose you might have. You could use it as a dangerous light.

Splumonkeys on the surface? I mean, if you enjoy watching the world burn, go ahead.

Archived