Who is Shadow Wilson?

So I recently ordered a shadow wilson figure from the klei store, and it looks pretty sick! But why choose to make an exclusive figure of him rather than say, webber or wigfrid? This makes me feel like he has some sort of importance to the DS story. What we know as far as his background are four things:

1. He is made of nightmare fuel, similar to the shadow monsters and creepy hands.

2.He is sentient, as he is able to create objects like his axe.

3. He shows up before new content arrives.

4. He is based of off wilson.

From these bits of knowledge, I theorize this: (but it's just a theory... A GAME THEORY)

When Wilson was sucked into the DS world, Maxwell put him into the wilderness to toy with him, and for entertainment. However, when Wilson was able to survive without much effort, Maxwell created shadow Wilson. Similar to Wilson, shadow Wilson is smart, innovative, and creative. Thus, Maxwell created shadow Wilson as a servant to create more challenging things for Wilson to face. It was shadow Wilson's idea to create winter, caves, ROG, and all other things that were added in updates, which were actually made by shadow Wilson. The End.

A suggestion, spoilers for the end of Adventure mode.

Maxwell's welcome message ("Say Pal, you don't look so good, etc.") are actually pre-recorded shadowy illusions, designed to lure the player further and further through Maxwell's Doors through reverse psychology.

Having beaten the challenge of the five worlds and assumed Maxwell's position on the Nightmare Throne, Wilson is at something of a loss for what to do and ultimately copies Maxwell's idea. However his control over the shadows isn't nearly as good as Maxwell's as he lacks the experience and original knowledge gleaned from Maxwell's studies. So the Illusions he has created to taunt other people are somewhat cruder. All darkness and shadow.

Or maybe Wilson thought taking a bath in Nightmare fuel would be a swell idea. Who knows.

SapphireBullets nailed it. In the unlikely event that they're wrong, maybe RavenCrow... submitted their plot idea.

Or maybe Wilson got so old his skin fell off and he realised why he keeps having to survive, despite dying so often, despite not even blood magic prepared to revive him. Tis something so vile and ubiquituous, it is allmighty.

"Shadow Wilson" is just Wilson. It looked like a dark figure during the beta updates to emphasise Wilson's (dark, bad, evil) intention of giving an axe to a pigman from behind (most likely inside shadows, unseen, to sneak up on something). Wilson sacked an innocent sentient creature for survival's sake.

So, who is shadow wilson?

A community meme.

"I WUD LIKE TO SE A MOD WTH SHODOW WOLSON IT'S NEW CHAR GUISE RIGHT"

heehee, cool ideas guys. On the topic of figures though, do you think a second batch would be cool? I mean, reign of giants plus shipwrecked characters equals six more figures, plus a few mobs? In fact, there could even be a third batch! Here are what I think could become figures:

-Wigfrid

-Webber

-Wilton

-Waverly

-Winnie

-Wortox

-Wilbur

-Wallace

-Hound

-Glommer

-Woodlegs

-Other 3 shipwrecked characters

-Gobbler

-batilisk

all of you kids take your worlds for granted

but you don't know the horror, you don't know what its able to do

legend says if you're unlucky enough he appears at day 6666

the pelontrix is back and kleii is finally accepting it 

you fools, you're just giving it what it wants!

english is bad, expect multiple edits

all of you kids take your worlds for granted but you don't know the horror, you don't know what its able to do legend says if you're unlucky enough he appears at day 6666   the pelontrix is back and kleii is finally accepting it  you fools, you're just giving it what it wants!

:wilson_resigned:  

Archived