Any way to still get bigfoot?

So, I was just wondering seeing that bigfoot is gone in DST.

Is there anyway for me and my girlfriend to still enable bigfoot on our server?

With a mod/ setting or something?

Can one of klei's employees give more information of wether he is gonna be returning in some shape or form?

Thankyou! :)

Big Foot was disabled because of possible abuse for griefing. And at the current moment there is no mod on the workshop that mods bigfoot back into the game.

Big Foot was disabled because of possible abuse for griefing. And at the current moment there is no mod on the workshop that mods bigfoot back into the game.

Big Foot was disabled because of possible abuse for griefing. And at the current moment there is no mod on the workshop that mods bigfoot back into the game.

Big Foot was disabled because of possible abuse for griefing. And at the current moment there is no mod on the workshop that mods bigfoot back into the game.

I know he was that is why I am asking if there is any way we can get him in.

But thank you.

I wish the old bell could be craftable. Even though Klei has stated it being removed due to how much damage it can cause, a Weather Pain can cause just as much destruction and grief as an old bell can, and nobody seems to have a problem with it since its fairly easy to rollback servers now.

Seems like it was forgotten but I would love it if it came back. 

It's not all due to griefing potential.

I already suggested a fix to this: make old bell-able zones. Put big footprints in the map and ringing the bell within a screen of those prints will make it work. Ringing it too far from any of those prints will cause nothing. If you make your base away from those, then you are safe. No griefing.

There are two problems here:

1) The old bell recipe comes from smashing Glommer's statue. So only one person gets the recipe and the others don't. How do we address this design issue?

2) To make the old bell, you have to kill Glommer. There's only one Glommer at a time, and many players. Is this fair?

3) Bigfoot moves across the screen in a way that may look odd for different people with different camera rotations. Now we have rotation technology so this isn't probably an issue. In the same vein, bigfoot spawning needs to be addressed: he shouldn't spawn out of thin air (unlike hounds from waves and tumbleweeds suffer from this to a degree) so you have many player screens to stay away from. But then again, non issue.

It's not a top priority to add back the old bell.

Maybe Klei is thinking of new uses for it, given the new behaviours for giants.

No griefing problem what so ever with the old bell, in fact a Fire staff is more dangerous then an Old Bell, the real problem in my idea is the way Big Foot spawns, he will spawn in any Diagonal Direction with upto 3 steps before and after and if there is anything in the way, SMASH!

That was the problem that I had with the Old Bell mostly but there is another thing which DarkXero also pointed out, nobody can make the Old Bell except for one person and only One Gloomer at a time so a lot of improper advantage.

The only way one can fix it is by making the Bell's crafting avaliable at Shadow Manipulator cause even the Pan Flute is available only the Mandrakes aren't which are a major griefing cause in the game.

It's not all due to griefing potential.

I already suggested a fix to this: make old bell-able zones. Put big footprints in the map and ringing the bell within a screen of those prints will make it work. Ringing it too far from any of those prints will cause nothing. If you make your base away from those, then you are safe. No griefing.

There are two problems here:

1) The old bell recipe comes from smashing Glommer's statue. So only one person gets the recipe and the others don't. How do we address this design issue?

2) To make the old bell, you have to kill Glommer. There's only one Glommer at a time, and many players. Is this fair?

3) Bigfoot moves across the screen in a way that may look odd for different people with different camera rotations. Now we have rotation technology so this isn't probably an issue. In the same vein, bigfoot spawning needs to be addressed: he shouldn't spawn out of thin air (unlike hounds from waves and tumbleweeds suffer from this to a degree) so you have many player screens to stay away from. But then again, non issue.

It's not a top priority to add back the old bell.

Maybe Klei is thinking of new uses for it, given the new behaviours for giants.

0) how about "yes or no" option in world gen? Problem solved!

1) i dont remember correctly but it is possible to get blueprint from tumbleweeds right? And anyway so what? Player that is in server most of the time can learn that recipe and premade oldbells for everyone

2) Dude as you said there is only one gloomer at a time and also one chester and there has been no problems with these right? Anyway you get to point where you have more oldbells than you need.

3) I think that this is the problem they didn't implement it. But they cant just took features out of the game just because couple griefers did some stuff

That is another option. Harness the destructive power with the cost of somebody using it to level down your base.

But Klei didn't put a toggle for Willow, did they?

I prefer my suggestion because it is the best for everybody.

1) i dont remember correctly but it is possible to get blueprint from tumbleweeds right? And anyway so what? Player that is in server most of the time can learn that recipe and premade oldbells for everyone

You can get different blueprints from tumbleweeds. Expecting people to get the recipe from tumbleweeds is absurd. And the last is not true, in a lot of dedicated servers sometimes there are not players to premade stuff for others.

2) Dude as you said there is only one gloomer at a time and also one chester and there has been no problems with these right?

Well, but you can also have multiple Extra-Adorable Lavae, and I imagine multiple pan flutes when the mandrakes are reintroduced. If you make them independent from Glommer, you can also require to make them at an Ancient Pseudoscience Station. This is just a design discussion to have.

I don't mind having to kill Glommer and the old bell being very scarce.

Anyway you get to point where you have more oldbells than you need.

Since giants have double the health from single player, you can't kill any of them with a single old bell.

But they cant just took features out of the game just because couple griefers did some stuff

Welcome to Willow.

Having no old bell because griefers is worse than having a nerfed old bell.

And there is nobody that is currently developing a MOD to put it back in the game I gather from this information?

I imagine nobody ported it because people acknowledge the design issues and they would prefer Klei to handle them.

But I'm going to take a look.

how about we make a bunch of poor design decisions and then just put an "yes or no" option in world gen for them? maybe make Deerclops with RPGs an option too. That seems great. 

make old bell-able zones.
I can't really figure out why, but I truly dislike this idea... 

this is a huge problem with the entirety of the old bell. The only way I see this being adressed is making a change to how it is crafted*cough**cough*ruins*cough**cough*.

2) Dude as you said there is only one gloomer at a time and also one chester and there has been no problems with these right?
yeah, because Old bell production and chesters are in the same scale in power.

If you make them independent from Glommer, you can also require to make them at an Ancient Pseudoscience Station.
yes. 

in fact a Fire staff is more dangerous then an Old Bell
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you: The Torch.

This is all very sad news indeed. And there is nobody that is currently developing a MOD to put it back in the game I gather from this information?
someday, when I finally figure out what I'm doing with these code-y words. probably much after they have already put it back in.

I summon... @RalphKastro!! JUST CAUSE!! O__O
see what you did? are you happy now? 

I wish the old bell could be craftable. Even though Klei has stated it being removed due to how much damage it can cause, a Weather Pain can cause just as much destruction and grief as an old bell can, and nobody seems to have a problem with it since its fairly easy to rollback servers now.

Seems like it was forgotten but I would love it if it came back. 

Not fairly easy to rollback servers if it is a dedic server and no admin on.. Also, old bell is too easy to craft compared to weather pain and much more powerful than a weather pain.

Alright. Here.

The mod has 2 config options.

Statue means that you will unlock the recipe after you break Glommer's statue.

Glommer's statue will regenerate each full moon, so with every Glommer comes a recipe.

Nice as a marble supply.

Ruins (default) means that you have to craft the bell at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station at the Ruins.

Don't blame me if big foot walks like a moron.

Old Bell.zip

Alright. Here.

The mod has 2 config options.

Statue means that you will unlock the recipe after you break Glommer's statue.

Glommer's statue will regenerate each full moon, so with every Glommer comes a recipe.

Nice as a marble supply.

Ruins (default) means that you have to craft the bell at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station at the Ruins.

Don't blame me if big foot walks like a moron.

O my god you just made this? Amazing man thanks :D

mind if I take that?

No, you can't download it or pirate it or use it ot anything.

If you join a server with it, please report yourself to the nearest authority.

W-will you be uploading this on the workshop. Please upload this on the workshop.

You can do it, like with the damage indicators.

@Exentric90, I actually wish that @DarkXero would upload this himself but he's so mysterious. Comes and goes like Batman.  :indecisiveness: A Phantom coder!

I definitely will try to keep it up-to-date!

also I have awesome friends and acquaintances that i jab with sticks for help. But I mean that in the nicest way possible!

Thanks guys that I jab with sticks. Hope I don't jab too much!
Jab Jab Jab DarkXero Jab Jab Jab

At this point i'd like to end the discussion here as it's leading to modding territory.

Archived