Don't Starve: Resumptus

This is awesome. Ran out of likes here. Also, love how you made William as Maxwell's "conscience" of sorts... making sense of that whole "Can fragment his mind" perk :D I love it!

P.S. The way Albert's drawn kinda reminds me of Lee Ping from Detentionaire...

P.P.S. Wendy taking on a more sadistic (more than she is already) character makes me excited for some reason.

Edited by Asparagus
Ran out of likes O__O
  • Like 2

56a07724bd1b3_willowsdemon.thumb.png.38d  

A sketch based on the webcomic, "Ava's Demon," which is really good! Anyway, I think Throne!Willow would look like demon Ava. 56a0772ece919_birchnutbutter.thumb.png.a

Why isn't Birchnutbutter a thing in Don't Starve? All you'd need is butter (and a mod for butter because lets face it, it's a rare drop), honey, and toasted birchnuts. 

• Like 9

56a1ca85c9adb_whatisyellow.thumb.png.fb0

Poor Al; not only does he have a phobia of snakes, but being colorblind leaves him unable to tell the difference between regular snakes and venomous snakes (It's not like he's going to stick around to look closer either). Walani might want to give up in trying to help him face his fears and let him deal with the spiders instead. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Quoth143 said:

I thank whoever said .png is better than .jpg.

Anyway, comic updates might be a little slow this week since school has started back up. 

Why do you think PNG would be better than JPG? Its only benefit is transparency preservation. JFIF achieves a lower file size at minimal compression.

7 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Why do you think PNG would be better than JPG? Its only benefit is transparency preservation. JFIF achieves a lower file size at minimal compression.

I forgot to change the image resolution and it uploaded correctly anyway. 

I decided basically opened myself up for asks on my Tumblr profile about Don't Starve: Resumptus and one of the questions was centered around my concept for human Deerclops (who at one point was a human magus before being turned into a beast). I have an idea that in the normal world, people used to use magic and that there were bloodlines of Magus. This idea comes from the fact that someone had to have written the Codex Umbra and probably used it at some point. Well someone pointed out Wilson's POV journal entries from his first days on the island and how he commented that using meat effigy's were "common practice" where he's from and if Wilson was descended from a magus bloodline. It sort of evolved from there so I ended up doodling Grandpa Wilson Albert Higgsbury. 

56a582bf6a573_grandpahiggsbury1.thumb.pn56a582a0d93a1_grandpahiggsbury2.thumb.pn56a582b17d273_grandpahiggsbury3.thumb.pn

I'm fanfic trash guys. 

• Like 12

Loving the comic, but I don't find Wendy very...Wendy-ey.  She talks normally, gets freaked out when she should get freaked out, relieved when she should get relieved, etc, and...that's not really her character.  She's cold and emotionless to pretty much everything, and all her lines are overdramatic and drawn out.  For instance, instead of "It's completely used up" instead use "Its vital energies have been drained" or something like that.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Lord_Battal said:

and all her lines are overdramatic and drawn out

As a Wendy player, I agree... also, there are other aspects to Wendy, I guess these lines here would sum up her style:

Spoiler
  • Red Gem- "Red like my heart's blood." - dramatic
  • Blue Gem- "Blue like... er... a sad bird?" - trying to be dramatic
  • Purple Gem- "Purple like a... purple thing." - just giving up because she couldn't think of anything XD
  • Feather Hat- "Ca-caw!" - playful
  • Evergreen- "Nature is so boring." - emo-ish
  • Razor- "This is just for shaving." - anti-emo...-ish
  • Rope- "That would be the easy way out of this place." ditto
  • Sapling (picked up)- "I like it dead, but I should plant this."
  • Spiky Bush (after picking)- "Ow! Prickly. Just like me."
  • Sapling (withered)- "The oppressive heat got to this one."
  • Flower- "It's bright and cheery. Blech."
  • Petals- "I have destroyed something beautiful."
  • Evil Flower - "At least they're better than the other flowers."
  • Dark Petals- "They are painted with the colors of my soul."

O__O Wendy is Bae O__O

• Like 3

• Developer
9 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

As a Wendy player, I agree... also, there are other aspects to Wendy, I guess these lines here would sum up her style:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Red Gem- "Red like my heart's blood." - dramatic
  • Blue Gem- "Blue like... er... a sad bird?" - trying to be dramatic
  • Purple Gem- "Purple like a... purple thing." - just giving up because she couldn't think of anything XD
  • Feather Hat- "Ca-caw!" - playful
  • Evergreen- "Nature is so boring." - emo-ish
  • Razor- "This is just for shaving." - anti-emo...-ish
  • Rope- "That would be the easy way out of this place." ditto
  • Sapling (picked up)- "I like it dead, but I should plant this."
  • Spiky Bush (after picking)- "Ow! Prickly. Just like me."
  • Sapling (withered)- "The oppressive heat got to this one."
  • Flower- "It's bright and cheery. Blech."
  • Petals- "I have destroyed something beautiful."
  • Evil Flower - "At least they're better than the other flowers."
  • Dark Petals- "They are painted with the colors of my soul."

O__O Wendy is Bae O__O

And also a nice character to write quotes for .-.

Dunno why I like to write Wendy and Wolfgang quotes so much...

• Like 1