Don't Starve: Resumptus

Ah, my apologies.

It was actually kind of hard for me to figure out that was Wilson.

maybe because his hair doesn't look so fabulously spike-tastic

I should apologize, that was a very poor reaction on my part. I let my frustration get the better of me (not that, that is an excuse.)

It was actually kind of hard for me to figure out that was Wilson.

Wait what... Ever since when does Wilson wear a tuxedo and tie and no iconic wig of vim and vigor?

EDIT:

page 30

There has probably been more than one night monster. 

Late for the party, but it's "acquainted".

Edited by Mobbstar

I recognized it as Wilson! Do I get a prize? ;D

Side note, Wilson's legs-pose look great in this page, but his cloak looks a little too flat to be hanging off a chair. It kinda makes it look like he's awkwardly crouching. Some kind of line, wrinkle, plane change there might help?

The jump to this image was also just a wee bit abrupt; I kind of expected another page with Wilson talking/arguing about "curing" Albert after the last page, and I think this page would've been better introduced if the new King had said something about Albert being a monster once and how it was still part of him. Just some friendly critiques! <3

Finally, amazing job on the foreshadowing for this. From Albert's weird deja-vu, to his partial transformation, to his aversion to light, there were lots of little hints. Looking back, that is. I didn't see this coming either, lol. :p But it shows how intentional this development was, how carefully planned, and I think that's really awesome. Looking forward to more! :D

• Like 4

I recognized it as Wilson! Do I get a prize? ;D

Side note, Wilson's legs-pose look great in this page, but his cloak looks a little too flat to be hanging off a chair. It kinda makes it look like he's awkwardly crouching. Some kind of line, wrinkle, plane change there might help?

The jump to this image was also just a wee bit abrupt; I kind of expected another page with Wilson talking/arguing about "curing" Albert after the last page, and I think this page would've been better introduced if the new King had said something about Albert being a monster once and how it was still part of him. Just some friendly critiques! <3

Finally, amazing job on the foreshadowing for this. From Albert's weird deja-vu, to his partial transformation, to his aversion to light, there were lots of little hints. Looking back, that is. I didn't see this coming either, lol. :razz: But it shows how intentional this development was, how carefully planned, and I think that's really awesome. Looking forward to more! :grin:

Your critique is much appreciated. :joyous:

• Like 1

Sure. I think that Albert should still lose sanity from the nightmare equipment. Just much slower than normal. That way, he can't use it forever, but he can still get much more use of it safely.

Yeah, even Maxwell still has a sanity drain if he uses both the sword and the armour at the same time, just a much smaller one than anyone else because it's working against his sanity regen. (It works out to a third of the sanity loss any other character experiences.) Being able to use the nightmare equipment at the same reduced cost as Maxwell but being just as vulnerable to all other sanity losses seems like a fair perk.

Yeah, even Maxwell still has a sanity drain if he uses both the sword and the armour at the same time, just a much smaller one than anyone else because it's working against his sanity regen. (It works out to a third of the sanity loss any other character experiences.) Being able to use the nightmare equipment at the same reduced cost as Maxwell but being just as vulnerable to all other sanity losses seems like a fair perk.

Sounds fair to me. 

Since Albert loses sanity in daylight, he'd need something to counteract the loss, what would be a good idea?

Edited by Quoth143

Well, let's see....

The general theme of items that provide a sanity boost is either something that's reassuring, no matter what, or that is dapper.

For the officer himself, I don't see how the badge would do anything to reassure him of anything. And the badge isn't dapper.

I think you might want to ex-machina in something extra.

post-701470-0-35862600-1451772214_thumb.

Today's update is a bit small.

I think I'm going to rewrite and redraw parts of this section of the comic. I've come to realize that I don't know what to do with Imber, Alister, and Camila, and they've pretty much disappeared as this goes on. I hope you guys are ok with that. I definitely want to make this a smoother chapter. 

• Like 6