Cameo Draws Don't Starve

In honour of Homestuck's tenth anniversary I wrote up this whole big thing about what the DS characters would be like as trolls, and I got a spark of inspiration from Willow's that I needed to get down before I slept.

trollwillow_md.thumb.png.67e1c986a3f3c62bbc97786fc611ada3.png

Your name is WILLOW and your favourite thing in the whole world is FIRE, which is convenient because you can GENERATE AND CONTROL FIRE WITH YOUR MIND. Sometimes when you’re stressed out you IGNITE THINGS BY ACCIDENT, which is FUN but OFTEN EMBARRASSING and OCCASIONALLY CATASTROPHIC. Your lusus’s name is BERNIE, and he is a BEAR WHO FIGHTS NIGHTMARES. Your second favourite thing is BUTTS.

What will you do?

• Like 5

On 4/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, minespatch said:

So with each update you do a Homestuck constant troll?

I haven't drawn Winona as a troll, at least not yet. (She's an oliveblood and Charlie's moirail.) I did draw Webber as a troll -- he's got double horns like a yellowblood and animal powers like a brownblood -- but it's not finished or scanned.

• Like 1

gotta_get_a_heart-md.thumb.png.af557408f467c6ed17e688a7b1a475eb.png

This one was another randomly generated prompt, specifically:

[07:31] HAL: THE GHOST OF WX-78 POINTING AND LAUGHING AT FOOLISH ORGANIC LIFE

So I thought up a situation where WX would be dead and yet also laughing at foolish organics. Pointing was not really an option, given the lack of arms.

Wilson should probably have brought a better weapon.

• Like 6

I'm on a Discord server that has a custom chatbot programmed with a few different sets of "[character] + [action or scenario]" prompts heavily featuring DS characters. (One set also has robots from other fandoms but like half the characters in it are different versions of WX-78.) Its name is HAL, after the Lying Robot. We love HAL.

wigfrid_chopping-md.thumb.png.eb56d0c8484c9350eeb802d2ec8c9c5e.png

This is what Wigfrid is up to.

(I realised after drawing most of Wilson that he should have at least a little bit of armor for what he was doing, and the battle helm is easier/more fun to draw than the football helmet.)

Edited by CameoAppearance
  • Like 5

On 4/23/2019 at 3:49 PM, JanH said:

Weekly Art Challenge
This week's art challenge is to draw the Treeguard from Don't Starve/Don't Starve Together. Post your submissions on this thread and yours may get featured on next week's art stream!

Be sure to submit this piece in the stream thread so it can be featured.:wilson_goodjob:

So I was on Tumblr talking about how my headcanon for the powers triumphant characters can use when they appear as their shadow avatar in the Constant basically maps to what players can do with console commands - make themselves invulnerable, make items or creatures appear and disappear, teleport around, mess with the clock and seasons, etc - and because I phrased it as "coming down to bother survivors" in the process I reminded myself of a fanfic I've never actually read (but have seen lots of art from) about Willow having triumphant Wilson as her semi-evil shadow buddy.

cgonextwillow_md.thumb.png.9af281b9cf73a28d91fc9d19fb10b451.png

Alternate caption: When your friend has admin powers and you don't

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, minespatch said:

Oh no, is this directed at me?:wilson_ecstatic:

Not... on purpose? You may have said something like that and then I forgot about it. I was actually thinking of an old RP server where we were all triumphants and we all had admin powers to simulate our Godlike Power Over Our Shared Domain. (I was Wolfgang. I teamed up with Woodie and Wigfrid a lot to pull goofy not-really-that-evil pranks.)

Edited by CameoAppearance
  • Haha 1

roseatewormwood_md.thumb.png.4f12177742808dee9c3b4f5cfaea9bbe.png

I drew my favourite Wormwood loadout (roseate skin, Webber's Formal Jacket, red pinstriped pants, rose arms) but I didn't want to bother posing their legs or colouring it, at least not right now, so this is all you get.

Also I cosplayed Wilson again, that's still a thing that I do.

IMG_2556.thumb.png.e133a362b10de389aa55105df9b1ec84.pngIMG_2547.thumb.png.79a0f20d47ce73306a0bb159b2e46f6c.pngIMG_2551.thumb.png.fcd90026d772dcddb2e1d5899be54d96.pngIMG_2552.thumb.png.69642d6b5222a94914ec7afd541ff994.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1