Remember you were so noob you...

Oh, those silly noobs! Always dying by silly things and running into trouble. Here are some noobie things that you may have seen or maybe even done yourself.

- Ate raw redcaps

- Ate raw green mushrooms (without intent to drain sanity)

- Randomly hitting/attempting to kill pigs/beefalo/tallbirds/spiders without anything and almost instantly die

- Ate monster meat

- Died on day 1-6 (accidentally, whatever the cause)

- Slam 2 or more monster meat foods into the crock pot then eat the monster lasagna (or even making it in general)

- "Light is for losers!" *whack* "Wtf was that!?"

- Decide to hit a beehive with no armor and just stand there not knowing the consequences

- Oohh, a walking tree! *thawp*

- Walking up to a bubbling tentacle in the swamp (or merms) then dying

- Walking up to beefalo in heat without a beefalo hat

- Making all the hay walls you can because, walls.

- Trying to tank a giant with crappy items

- My favorite, dying on hounds by just standing there trying to kill 1 hound while 5 other ones are gangbeating said person.

- Many, many, more.

Please add to the list in the comments below, thanks!

Ha, here is some more for ya:

- Randomly eating the deerclops eyeball (how you got it in the first place has a noob though... wow)

- Putting valuable and flammable items near a campfire

- Making a fire staff and whoops, you burned everything (happened to my friend before, pretty funny)

- Thing the Goose/Moose is friendly

- You didn't pause it did you?

My most memorable noob moments were in singleplayer: 

I had heard about Koalefants, but didn't know when/why they spawned. I had an idea, for some reason, that they were limited within the world. I had followed the animal; tracks, but not to completion, because halfway through I always found other mobs (spiders, tallbirds, etc) and figured that's what they were leading to. One day I followed the tracks to completion, and a Koalefant spawn in the middle of a Tallbird Fort. I assumed the birds were carniverous, and ran in to collect my loot.

RIP Wilson.

I also didn't know about seasons (during Vanilla play, pre-RoG). When I finally survived to 20-plus days, it became cold and I thought I must be in an environment that was cold, like high mountains. I ran and ran, to no avail. I froze a number of times before realizing the landscape/turf had nothing to do with it, it was just a new season. =\

Now that I play DST, I know these things. My worst moments have been trying to help out newcomers. I have died to starvation or revival too many times to count. It has come to the point where I now won't help them for the first 10 days, at the very least. If they are new and die, they need to learn the lessons just like I did, but I at least can combat the effects. Telling them how to combat these things doesn't help - they are new and curious, and want to explore the game. As they should. Whether we play Together or not, this is supposed to be "uncompromising survival". They need to learn the mechanics, and now I, as the experienced player, need to learn how to resist their futility.

you forget to put them on when near-death...

In DST, life giving amulets don't revive you from wearing them, they just drain hunger to restore your health, when you die and become a ghost you can haunt them to revive.

They are actually alot better in DST than the single player version, and I love that. 

- Randomly eating the deerclops eyeball (how you got it in the first place has a noob though... wow)

Hate to say it friend, but by the time your able to survive winter long enough to meet clops, your no noob anymore. 

I had followed the animal; tracks, but not to completion, because halfway through I always found other mobs (spiders, tallbirds, etc) and figured that's what they were leading to.

I never even touched a track for about 1 week IRL because a hound attack came while i was following a trail, and i assumed the tracks were the cause.

When he comes like the third day of winter. I freaking hate that.

Remember, most noobs die before winter starts, and when it does start, it usually kills them almost instantly.

By the time they figure out what they need to do in order to prepare for winter and survive it just a little, they've discarded their noob status.  But clops is probably still going to curb stomp them :)

I remember my first few games in winter, I died before it was even partially through, and before RoG I didn't even get a clops spawn at my first winter that I fully completed.

I researched things before I played, but the biggest mistake I ever made was allowing my pet mole to pick up the Old Bell while near my base.

No one is safe from the trolling ninja patches that Klei is not afraid to make.  :spidercowers:

Something similar happened to me too actually! So on one of my winter I totally forgot about the deerclops, and when my character hinted he's coming I just rushed to the supply chest, took the Gunpowder materials and starting making them. I did not realize that my inventory is full, my moleworm base pet is nearby and it makes gunpowder explode when it eats it. 5 seconds later, I'm dead, my whole base is on fire and the deerclops is just standing around staring at my burning base.

Oh yeah, and on a different playthrough I found out that moleworms steal garden gnomes. No moleworm pets came near my base since then. 

Archived