4 NEW CHARACTERS CONFIRMED FOR SHIPWRECKED!

I'm sure most of us know Woodlegs by now, but Shipwrecked has recently been confirmed to have 3 other new characters! Who they are is a mystery...

To read stuff about it just go here:

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/08/29/dont-starve-shipwrecked-reinvents-the-game-with-tons-of-new-island-mechanics/

This is the quote from the article, "Wilson and friends (along with four new characters) must now brave the harsh environs of a tropical world.​"

Man, this is so exciting!​

What are you guys most excited for with Shipwrecked?​

I kinda wish Klei didn't announced the new extension, or that i didn't see it, because right now i'm so excited. RELEASE THE KRAKEN MY BODY IS READY DAMMIT.

Anyway, everything sounds awesome and it's a bit hard to stay objective. I'm in this game since the release and it seems like I just can't get off of it, and this new extension is certainly not gonna help in that way.

The only thing that I was waiting for and that is not mentioned in the article is whether or not is Shipwrecked gonna be adapted to DST. I would try to guess it will be, as DST has already been mostly done.

I'll sit there and wait for more news (while trying to not be too spoiled x_x)

4 new characters? well let's see... with the Markiplier mod going to have 130+ custom quotes PER character (not including conversations....) that means half a thousand+ more new quotes to write! PERFECT! :grin:

don't get me wrong, I am VERY HYPED for the new chars! just... not looking forward to writing sooo many quotes o.0

or having somebody else do them either O_O

just so much tiiiiiime

4 new characters? well let's see... with the Markiplier mod going to have 130+ custom quotes PER character (not including conversations....) that means half a thousand+ more new quotes to write! PERFECT! :grin:

don't get me wrong, I am VERY HYPED for the new chars! just... not looking forward to writing sooo many quotes o.0

or having somebody else do them either O_O

just so much tiiiiiime

I like creating witty character dialouge, it's about the only thing I can 'mod' in don't starve, or most anything for that matter. lol. And Im a big fan of Mark so I feel well equipped to be able to make many a reference.

I like creating witty character dialouge, it's about the only thing I can 'mod' in don't starve, or most anything for that matter. lol. And Im a big fan of Mark so I feel well equipped to be able to make many a reference.

If you've got Skype and don't mind talking, collabing, and working with other quote writers then you're hired! well, if you're ok with a salary of $0.00 of course.

I am not sure how trustworthy that article is. I mean, it also states that there will be a new item called the "blow pipe". That sounds oddly familiar... :razz:

I was thinking the same thing! But it could be a new way to use the darts! Just have to wait and see... :)

I was thinking the same thing! But it could be a new way to use the darts! Just have to wait and see... :)

Exactly, in the picture we saw bamboo sticks. So its possible that while darts are still useable standalone, the blow pipe can be used insteas with darts as ammo for increased damage or something.

Besides, we have blow DARTS, the article says blow PIPE.

I think the article sounds credible. On the other hand, even if there are four new characters, I have my doubts that Klei has finished all of them already, much less showed them off. Maybe Klei or some of the people lucky enough to play the demo at Pax can reveal some details.

Klei are working with Capy. That's two teams, meaning that could've been enough. And besides, coding a character isn't hard for professional programmers, they could've even had ideas from early on development of the vanilla game and dlc.

Now making new terrain, that can still prove hard I think.

No. no. no. Not Wilton. Spare me. xD JK, anyway, how would we unlock Wilton? Give a telltale heart to a skeleton?

Turns into a "C_Spawn("Wilton")" npc and is unlocked

Experience is probably still going to be used to unlock some of the new characters. Some resurrection-type deal could work, but I like to think that he's not an undead skeleton, but rather an almost-invisible man, with only his bones showing.

If you've got Skype and don't mind talking, collabing, and working with other quote writers then you're hired! well, if you're ok with a salary of $0.00 of course.

I got skype but Im a bit paranoid about internet interactions, and I technically have a mic but its someone elses and they're stingy about sharing it.

Waverly. 

I should have remembered her. Yes! I was beta testing a mod of her for Malacath in DST, but it's been abandoned due to personal problems. I was also making my own one but had no art skill to be able to make Cauldrons, Magic Foods, or Bewitched Canes (She had a slower starting walkspeed, so a cane was a necessity) Woodrow seems to be Woodlegs yet at first I thought it was a female WX-78, or even Woodie before he came. That's all the females that are talked about.

Though... there's one character I'd love.

None other than good old Robert Wagstaff!

Archived