Dragonfly's health is silly. DS has always balanced fun and challenge until now.

Not all of us have a hardcore group of bloodthirsty friends up to any challenge, and dragonfly is rediculous.

I'm all for an option to make dargonfly and his pals even more monsterous with a toggle, but 27500 health?

That's overboard.

And yes, I'm aware a bunch of self-described hardcore dst together players are about to give me crap for this, but that's a game ender for many of the more casual players out there every single time and most of the people playing with me I introduced to it are in it for the same fun single player offers... this is a little extreme.

If other players on the forum disagree, cool, but that's my feedback for those of us who are just trying not to starve of be eaten by the deerclops.

Klei, put in all the hardcore options in the world, i love the fact we can alter the world as we see fit, but 2X or even 3X health is plenty for many of us and our friends as a default setting. If people want 10x on all the big guys, cool, let them toggle it...

Not all of us have a hardcore group of bloodthirsty friends up to any challenge, and dragonfly is rediculous.   I'm all for an option to make dargonfly and his pals even more monsterous with a toggle, but 27500 health? That's overboard. And yes, I'm aware a bunch of self-described hardcore dst together players are about to give me crap for this
I won't give you crap for protesting, However, Ill be the first one to tell you, is that the Devs most likely enhanced the dragonfly's initial health to give the players in Don't Starve Together a reason to work/fight together. If it becomes too much of a challenge, then you simply don't have to fight him as he is an optional boss.

Thank goodness he doesn't roam the world like Mr. Bearger :D 

As previously suggested by many, its health should scale with the amount of players, or there should be differently sized Dragonflies that drop different amounts of loot according to the amount of players. Right now, it's REALLY not worth the trouble.

As previously suggested by many, its health should scale with the amount of players, or there should be differently sized Dragonflies that drop different amounts of loot according to the amount of players. Right now, it's REALLY not worth the trouble.

Having his health scale to the number of players discourages people from fighting him together which is the entire point of making the dragonfly a raid boss. It's something to do in the later days. To be honest, killing the Dragonfly never really has been worth the trouble. It's something to do when you're looking for something to do.

Yeah, I'd like a weaker dragonfly. Maybe it should have 2x or 3x health than the normal dragonfly at all times, but when 4 or more people join it would scale appropriately. Also, until caves come out, I think they should do a patch so that the dragonfly drops more helpful loot.

Yeah, I'd like a weaker dragonfly. Maybe it should have 2x or 3x health than the normal dragonfly at all times, but when 4 or more people join it would scale appropriately. Also, until caves come out, I think they should do a patch so that the dragonfly drops more helpful loot.

>Dragonfly drops gems

>Can't do anything with said gems.

I know that feel bro.

If other players on the forum disagree, cool, but that's my feedback for those of us who are just trying not to starve of be eaten by the deerclops.

If you're having problems with deerclops, You shouldn't be going after dragonfly. The dragonfly doesn't even drop anything super useful, Its more for people who are endgame and looking for a challenge.

You don't need to kill the Dragonfly for anything important, the gems it drops can't currently be used and the scales are for complete luxury items that you definitely don't actually need to have for any reason other than bragging rights.

Why should they make it easier when it was made this way to be a challenge for groups?

....not that plenty of us haven't soloed or duo'd her already anyway, which suggests that she should actually be made harder.

Literally every single other piece of content in the entire game is tuned for a single person to be able to accomplish, and yet you want to take away the one thing that has been tuned for groups?

Seems rather selfish, imo.

This reads much like a child who has 1000 toys who watches another child play w/ his single toy and instead of being happy w/ what he has, asks his parents to take that other kid's toy away too so he can have ALL THE TOYS.

Instead of asking for the devs to nerf the one group fight in the game, perhaps you might consider rising to the occasion and coming up w/ ways that your ragtag band of non-hardcore friends can take that monster down.

To me, that's really most of the fun of an encounter; figuring out how to utilize your meager resources to overcome odds that seem insurmountable at first.

Yeah, the dragonfly is just tanky, not hard, and it's drops are just shiny, not that usefull. I'm against the idea of mob scaling with the number of players, because A) that wouldn't make sense and would be gamey as heck, and B) It would easily be exploitable by people to absurd levels.

I don't think it should be easier, just less obnoxiously tanky. Also, Old Bell.... soooon... it shall be intersting... or not. Who knows?

Yeah, the dragonfly is just tanky, not hard, and it's drops are just shiny, not that usefull. I'm against the idea of mob scaling with the number of players, because A) that wouldn't make sense and would be gamey as heck, and B) It would easily be exploitable by people to absurd levels.

I don't think it should be easier, just less obnoxiously tanky. Also, Old Bell.... soooon... it shall be intersting... or not. Who knows?

I want Bigfoot to be x2 bigger and deal x10 damage as well as the old bell being under ancient tab instead of magic tab to be crafted. Can I have that?

If you truly hate your base, yes.

Sigh. One word; rollback. Might not be as effective on dedicated servers as it is on hosted, but then again, on dedicated servers you're more likely to have multiple bases AND multiple admins. I've been playing on a server that could have had its base dead ages ago, but it still stands. We rolled back a few times, but nit due to any griefing; I have yet to see any griefers on it. And do you have any sollution in regards to implementing the Old bell and bigfoot, other than the big foot not breaking anything when stepping on something and him dealing 1 hp damage? Or do you want him removed completely forever and ever? Even griefing itself is a temporary problem; if a griefer griefs on multiple servers, he'll get banned and banned again until he either has to stop griefing or be inable to play on any server. I do not think there would be any griefer who would spend their time, trying to get glommer, kill it, go to caves, find ruins, enter ruins, epic-dodge every dangling depth dweller, broken clockwork, every splu monkey, every slurper, every nightmare creature and possibly the ancient guardian and running along the way to get to an ancient pseudo station to craft the old bell, then go through the same hellhole backwards, get to the base and ring the bell once; it's easier just to break flingos and burn the base down. Sure, they could get an old bell from above if it's put in a chest or something, but since this would be a very late game item, it would be much scarcer than of how easily you could get it on single player RoG and therefore only 1 or 2 could be found. And considering that you know about ruins and its connection with glommer, you ought to know what it does, ergo would most likely keep such a deadly weapon on yourself (probably even in a backpack due to moleworms) so none could use it on your base. Weather pain is easy to come by and it can easily destroy a base. Do we see griefers wait till spring, kill Gmoose and mosslings, kill some volt goats, get some gears from somewhere, go to an alchemy engine and craft the weather pain just to wreck the base? No. Too much effort and considering the feature of rollback, griefers, whilst they might waste other people's time, they waste their own too, not gaining anything from it, whilst other players, from rollbacks could actuallt predict stuff that will happen in near future. So, basically griefing has been dealt with a lot as the time went by. Destroying a base via burning it is a thing of the past and/or something that might rarely occur in an early game, due to flingos, waterballoons, rollback and banning. Unless every player gets to spawn **** in, I can be 99.9999999999999% sure that my base won't be destroyed by a griefer using an old bell if my suggestion is implemented into the game.

27500 HP would be a game ender as you say, but it really isn't. Dragonfly doesn't wander around the world like other Giants in DST. He just stays in his cozy little spot in the desert all year. It's a raid boss kind of thing.

I'm all for changing Dragonfly, though. I'd lower the health, but give him more abilities. After a boss gets high enough HP, adding more doesn't make it harder in the slightest, the fight will just take longer.

27500 HP would be a game ender as you say, but it really isn't. Dragonfly doesn't wander around the world like other Giants in DST. He just stays in his cozy little spot in the desert all year. It's a raid boss kind of thing.

I'm all for changing Dragonfly, though. I'd lower the health, but give him more abilities. After a boss gets high enough HP, adding more doesn't make it harder in the slightest, the fight will just take longer.

I would have to agree with you there; if the Dragonfly's health was lowered but it got buffed in some other way (make lavae attack walls?), then it would probably not be such an all-around tedious fight that takes 2-3 days of mindless whack whack whack with a piece of ham interspersed with occasional healing and armor replacement to kill it.

I'm happy with it being much stronger than the other 3 giants though, especially since its drops aren't as useful as the others (although easily renewable gems sounds great), and because it stays in one spot all the time rather than going on a rampage across the map.

Archived