Game Update 144673 - 7/24/2015

144673 - 7/24/2015

Changes

• Removed the "no mods" pop-up warning from server hosting screen
  • Mod functions LevelPreInit and LevelPreInitAny are now called after Level tasks, and are setup in GetTasksForLevel

Bug Fixes

• Endothermic fires will no longer hatch eggs that need to be warmed
  • Lavae Eggs will no longer drop out of your inventory on their own
  • Fixed bug where the friends filter was not working properly on MAC and LINUX clients
  • Mob tab construction fixed when the user is not subscribed to any mods

Do you change anything that had to do with mods?
Cause it seems like many mods need to change code to be able to play with.

I crash as soon I have a single mod on. Ill post a screenshot of the error.

So, I updated and there's plenty of servers, but there's no people on any of them...

50+ dedicated servers, without people? There's only one hosted server as well. This might be normal but I just find it odd :/

So, I updated and there's plenty of servers, but there's no people on any of them...

50+ dedicated servers, without people? There's only one hosted server as well. This might be normal but I just find it odd :/

That might be because while you've updated, the servers haven't.

Hei, I only noticed it today; there is no more "character" filter. I think this happened since the new UI, something that you just forgot along the way, and honestly, I myself would really need that filter as I tend to play more on servers I've played already.

Play! -> Mods -> click on checkboxes on each mod tab

Hello,

after the update with the very polished titlescreen, I don't know how to enable/disable my mods. I can't find a button or a checkbox that lets me adjust the setting. Anyone know how to do it?

post-577410-0-56839800-1437879615_thumb.

Little things that I still have noticed are not right:

1. You can't burn Spiky Tree stumps. Almost cost me my life in the desert.

2. The rocks around the lava pools, when you hover your mouse over them they say "Examine MISSING NAME".

3. The magma pools don't have a character quip yet. Still just "It's a thing."

4. The sound during winter is so muffled it's almost unplayable. It's driving me crazy. It's like I'm listening to the game through a toilet paper roll.

Play! -> Mods -> click on checkboxes on each mod tab

yeah i have the same issue. i have the boxes on the client mod section but there aren't any boxes on the server side. 

Edit: found it, you have to go to the "Host Game" option.

post-464359-0-96509700-1437954290_thumb.

post-464359-0-35187700-1437956465_thumb.

I think that the new way mods are handled brought some buggy behavior.

Even if the mod state "all_clients_require_mod = true", the configuration which is applied when joining a server is not the one from the host, but is the config file ending with "_CLIENT" in the mod config file instead. And if it doesn't exists, it applies the default configuration. It just ignores completely the config of the host. Which of course result in a big mess, because the configuration running on the server is still the one from the host.

Nicest example are the recipe : the client see the reciepe from his config file, but then cannot craft the stuff because the host expect the recipe from his own.

This is happenning for EVERY mod I have (and I tried to enable them one by one to be sure).

Archived