Please, give an RPG to third-winter Deerclops. As of now, the game is pretty easy once you get the hang of it and learn how to establish a good base. This RPG should, of course, have unlimited ammo and the Deerclops should be able to reload it pretty fast. The RPG should have a big area of effect and deal a lot of damage.

A Deerclops wielding an RPG would be a nice addition to the game, since by the time the third winter comes, players always have a good camp in place. Fourth-winter RPGClops could also come riding a Humvee that would give him a 50% speed boost.

A Deerclops wielding an RPG would be a nice addition to the game, since by the time the third winter comes, players always have a good camp in place. Fourth-winter RPGClops could also come riding a Humvee that would give him a 50% speed boost.

So basically just an RPG? What about side-arms or a knife for when enemies are closer?

Please, give an RPG to third-winter Deerclops.

YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM WHAT? 

As of now, the game is pretty easy once you get the hang of it and learn how to establish a good base.

That's the downside of being experienced.

his RPG should, of course, have unlimited ammo and the Deerclops should be able to reload it pretty fast.

Are you having a laugh m8?

The RPG should have a big area of effect and deal a lot of damage.

You really find this funny, don't you?

A Deerclops wielding an RPG would be a nice addition to the game, since by the time the third winter comes, players always have a good camp in place.

Considering it's DST, probably not. And no, a Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher would not and never be a good idea for DS or DST. 

Fourth-winter RPGClops could also come riding a Humvee that would give him a 50% speed boost.

So let me wrap this around my head...

You want on the 3rd Winter for the Deerclops to spawn with an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) Launcher which he can reload really fast, deals lots of damage, and has a huge area of effect because you think every game has a proper base by 3rd Winter, not counting every other player who joins into account for when they join and how close to winter it is, and the state of the server. And then on the following Winter, he gets a Humvee which lets him drive around and kill everything faster.

So basically just an RPG? What about side-arms or a knife for when enemies are closer?

Problem is, since Deerclops doesn't have a combat vest, it would look unrealistic if he were to make a knife appear in his hand out of nowhere.

YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM WHAT? 

That's the downside of being experienced.

Are you having a laugh m8?

You really find this funny, don't you?

Considering it's DST, probably not. And no, a Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher would not and never be a good idea for DS or DST. 

So let me wrap this around my head...

You want on the 3rd Winter for the Deerclops to spawn with an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) Launcher which he can reload really fast, deals lots of damage, and has a huge area of effect because you think every game has a proper base by 3rd Winter, not counting every other player who joins into account for when they join and how close to winter it is, and the state of the server. And then on the following Winter, he gets a Humvee which lets him drive around and kill everything faster.

I understand your concerns. You are right in saying that second-winter Deerclops should also spawn with some equipment, to make the learning curve easier. Maybe second-winter Deerclops should come with a combat vest and grenades, so third-winter Deerclops could come with an RPG and a knife and not look unrealistic because we would have seen him use a combat vest during the second winter.

Great ideas, guys. It seems that everyone wants RPGClops to be in the game. Make it happen, Klei.

Problem is, since Deerclops doesn't have a combat vest, it would look unrealistic if he were to make a knife appear in his hand out of nowhere.

Well where do most of his ammo come from? I'd say game logic would still apply to his own inventory... a combat knife would work I think. Now, the Humvee... will he be able to drive it AND fire the RPG at the same time? O__O

How about these changes for each Winter: 

1. Buff him in general, and while he still stomps anything in his path, he especially goes for wool and flint. Once he gets it
  2. Comes with combat knife and vest. Goes for gunpowder. Once he gets it, he throws his knife for a guaranteed kill and runs off
  3. Comes with RPG and combat vest. Goes for steel wool, cut stone, any sort of darts, and high value fuels
  4. Arrives in HMV with dart turret. Stays permanently
  5. Nightmare Fuel
  6. ???
  7. Profit

I understand your concerns.

It feels like you don't.

You are right in saying that second-winter Deerclops should also spawn with some equipment, to make the learning curve easier.

NO GOD!

Maybe second-winter Deerclops should come with a combat vest and grenades,

NO GOD PLEASE NO!

so third-winter Deerclops could come with an RPG and a knife and not look unrealistic because we would have seen him use a combat vest during the second winter.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great ideas, guys. It seems that everyone wants RPGClops to be in the game. Make it happen, Klei.

Actually, I'm opposing it.

I remember a long time ago, my first thread. The thread wanted craftable guns. Everyone basically opposed it.

That context applies here.

Plus, you seem to be missing a few things.

1.) If the Deerclops did get a rocket propelled grenade, then newer players starting out will be screwed because they could've joined at any time. I've said this, you ignored it.

2.)The Deerclops isn't AOE, but he freezes targets. He doesn't need to be crazier.

3.) This thread feels like a troll thread because you put it in the general discussion, not the suggestions discussion.

4.) You called Webber players "noobs" and "scrubs" (terminology used by many montage parodies, and kids playing FPS Games) because they played Webber.

To restate, I oppose your idea. Immensely oppose your idea.

He should also come with a nuke that detonates upon his death and kills everything in the whole server as well as contaminating it for a few thousand ingame days. The player just needs to stay next to the nearest touchstone and wait until the plutonium decayed. Just like the RPG, it's balanced, realistic and should be implemented. 

1. Comes with combat knife and vest. Goes for gunpowder. Once he gets it, he throws his knife for a guaranteed kill and runs off

Awesome idea. However, I think he shouldn't run off. Maybe he should stay and fight the players in close quarters combat. They should buff his melee damage, of course.

2.)The Deerclops isn't AOE, but he freezes targets. He doesn't need to be crazier.

Yeah, you are right in saying that it's crazy and ridiculous that the Deerclops traps the player in an ice cube that appears out of nowhere when he throws a punch. Of course, RPGClops won't do that ridiculous freezing attack, since he would engage players making use of his military and realistic hardware, namely his RPG.

4.) You called Webber players "noobs" and "scrubs" 

Yup, you are also right when you say that Webber players are noobs and scrubs, and I agree with you. Maybe the RPG that RPGClops uses, should come with a heat-seeking device. And since Webber is hairier and warmer than the other characters, the RPG would target him first. It would be balanced since Webber is a strong character.

A melon on a stick that when you swing it, it casts RPGs that shoot lavae that turn into mosslings.

Proof of concept:

7Nq7YIH.png

FJSDyr7.jpg

Yeah, this is gooood. Nothing like a gun that shoots more guns. Klei, make it happen, it suits the lore of DST and it will make the game sell better.

You'll be back. 

*calls in on intercom*

No I won't.

Question: Why hasn't a moderator locked this thread? ohaithere is trolling so he can grab attention.

I'm not going to say "No" now, but what I will say is "For the vanilla game, no. For a mod, yes." And if it becomes a mod, I would laugh at the animations because I can already imagine them.

Guys you left out the most important thing this game needs! YOU LEFT OUT THE MLG! I say that when the RPGClops spawns with a vest, the vest will have side pockets full of Mountain Dew and Dewritos. Upon death the RPGClops drops these two items which would add perfect balance to the game as the players who survive to the second winter are fairly MLG. Then on the third winter you can hold up the Mountain Dew and Dewritos to the RPGClops to create an MLGClops if you will which will 360 no-scope all enemies on the map with it's Nuke launcher. 

Archived