Investigation of Maxwell

From this collection of information, I am fairly certain that there is NO indication that Maxwell is a demon. As Aoredon said, he could just be a welcome guide, or a lot more.

Yes, that's what I like about it. :) And therefor I pointed out that in these persperspectives Maxwell is not a demon. For example that it is Wilson's own conscience, not a demon, which might seem demonic in Wilson's eyes. Or as Spazmatic stated that it's indeed some sort of magician that brought them there for certain reasons.

Added: I just see that this post is in the "general discussion section", not the "suggestion and feedback section", I viewed it as new suggestions being made for the stoyline/background.

Kind regards, Karisuto

Edited by Karisuto
Addition

I will put my response in a spoiler so people who want to but haven't seen the movie won't be spoiled.

It is possible that all of the characters are one schizophrenic consciousness...That's actually an interesting idea. How is Maxwell related to that, however? We'll have to keep that in mind as more is revealed about Maxwell in the future.

If you would delve into the update notes, the developers mention an addition of a Story Mode. The mode we currently are playing would be classified as Free Play mode. Infinite world, infinite time, just survive as long as you can. Beating Story Mode will, according to the developers, reveal the secret behind Don't Starve. We don't know what that is yet, but we will see as time progresses.

I got really lucky with that map. Unfortunately, I died in a hound attack on Day 52. The next maps I got weren't so lucky, having less than twenty islands each. Just trust me, okay? Probably a glitch to have that many islands anyway. Can we please get back on-topic with investigation of Maxwell?

i think Maxwell is a demon or the devil or something like that. The charakters made a deal with him in there lives.(the classic deal with the devil thing) Maybe to get more sciense knowledge, or get over the death of their family or something like that. And Maxwell did it. He promised a lot of things and finally he kept all of them (in a different way the chars could ever imagine) but he wanted something for exchange..

So he trapped the soul of wilson into his own little world and you all know that the devil (or demons) dont have any pleasure killing humans with bare claws. They want to punish them as long as they can. So they tell things like: Oh, this is your new little world. its dangerous but you can live as long as you find something to eat here and you can do whatever you want and be reunited with your deceased...if you wish to (and i am not tired of my little mindgames).

Did you think the hellhounds come from alone? Its maxwell who send them every now and then.

i think Maxwell is a demon or the devil or something like that. The charakters made a deal with him in there lives.(the classic deal with the devil thing) Maybe to get more sciense knowledge, or get over the death of their family or something like that. And Maxwell did it. He promised a lot of things and finally he kept all of them (in a different way the chars could ever imagine) but he wanted something for exchange..

So he trapped the soul of wilson into his own little world and you all know that the devil (or demons) dont have any pleasure killing humans with bare claws. They want to punish them as long as they can. So they tell things like: Oh, this is your new little world. its dangerous but you can live as long as you find something to eat here and you can do whatever you want and be reunited with your deceased...if you wish to (and i am not tired of my little mindgames).

Did you think the hellhounds come from alone? Its maxwell who send them every now and then.

Might fit that all of the items you find in the graves could be related to the charakters... that would make sence (and is even more punishment)

I got really lucky with that map. Unfortunately, I died in a hound attack on Day 52. The next maps I got weren't so lucky, having less than twenty islands each. Just trust me, okay? Probably a glitch to have that many islands anyway. Can we please get back on-topic with investigation of Maxwell?

Sounds like BS to me. I've seen MANY pics of peoples worlds and they all seem to have about 10 islands. I've never even seen one with 15. Unlikely to be a glitch if you were to keep getting lots of islands. So pic or it didn't happen.

My deepest apologies for not taking other possibilities to heart, I look like a total fool. Anyway, if this thread is really an "Investigation of Maxwell", then we have to acknowledge the facts over the possibilities. The only current character who's suspicious of banishing the players is Maxwell.I'm looking forward to future updates, only then we can truly understand the characters.

I discovered that letters often have symbolic meanings. "W" for instance represents self-expression and resourcefulness. The four characters with names beginning with "W" are all clearly resourceful as they can survive so long in the wilderness and make amazing inventions out of sticks and stones."M" for Maxwell represents spiritual leadership. This might suggest Maxwell is controlling everything.Just my thoughts.

Yes, I was using Test Map Generation, I forgot to mention that. I stopped using it after...bad things...started happening. Sorry.Wiley has mentioned something interesting to consider, as this makes a lot of sense and suggests that Maxwell really is the demon. We will see how this plays out, but the letters and meanings of the names could be important.

Something I've noticed about Maxwell...look at his right hand.[ATTACH=CONFIG]1479[/ATTACH]It seems that some of his fingers are cut off, and a piece of wood is tied to his hand. There must be some significance to this...

...Really?post-5284-13764590043808_thumb.jpg