DST Personalities

The Explorer

A mix between the pro and the hermit this guy rarely stays at camp for more than a day before heading off to reveal the map and track down Mactusk. The Explorer routinely drops by the base to drop off loot they've found on their trip and replenish their supplies. Generally they bring back more supplies than they consume so it's rare for there to be a shortage of grass, sticks and gold. An average Explorer haul is usually enough to support two average survivors or one leech.

"The Busy Host"

This player doesn't have the time to play as much Don't Starve as they'd like.  They are a lot like the Nomad, helping where they can when they encounter someone.  Typically the Busy Host finds something stupid to die on when Real Life interferes, figuring it's better to die and leave a pretty corpse than deprive the server of all their gathered resources by logging off. 

The Explorer

A mix between the pro and the hermit this guy rarely stays at camp for more than a day before heading off to reveal the map and track down Mactusk. The Explorer routinely drops by the base to drop off loot they've found on their trip and replenish their supplies. Generally they bring back more supplies than they consume so it's rare for there to be a shortage of grass, sticks and gold. An average Explorer haul is usually enough to support two average survivors or one leech.

Just added this as The Nomad. Thanks! :)

I play as a sort of Magician which is like a mixture of a Hermit and a Pro I suppose. I just go about doing my own thing and if I happen upon a camp and it's owner is a nice person I will live there for a few days routinely venturing off into the woods and bringing back huge amounts of supplies for the camp, they thank me, question whether or not I am in fact human, and sometimes then become a Follower of mine attempting to learn from me.

However if the base owner isn't a nice person I use my natural Magician talents and understanding of fire to Magically convert his base into ashes while they cry in the corner. 0u0.

The Tower: This guy aspires to clear up servers, but is either not able to or his favourite cartoon booted up on television (or both!), therefore he resorts to lazily spawnkill the new players. He challenges himself by training his ears to be able to detect the smallest portal noise of fresh meat from the other side of the map, most likely resulting in his hear loss later in his 20's. His category branches from a hybrid of The Noob and The Pro, and when I meant hybrid, he's pretty much part of the former but never misses a chance to classify himself as the latter, getting upset at people failing to acknowledge his pride! You'll see him wander around as Wigfrid, complaining about all the other vikings in the server and how bad they are at the game because their armor start makes them more difficult to spawnkill!

The Psycho: This guy probably bought the game from a disclaimer that also advertised DayZ, so he inevitably thought DST was a ripoff of the former and he started mixing them up whenever he runs a server! Most common figure his targets face is his psychomaniac and megalomaniac attitude, leaving them very confused and scared, as he's so extreme you can't distinguish his arrogance from sarcasm - his character choice is Wickerbottom, and the sleepytime books are what scares his victims off in principal. He will first raid a server, get equipment, and then he'll tease you upon meeting, following you around and telling his crazy daily stories and how his love for you is always growing. He'll treat you like his cake, but as the story progresses, it gets more creepy and dark, and you already know what happens at the end. I fall under this category. I love it.

The Mouthbreather: This one will often misunderstand the player list as his friend circle, deliriously believing that every person on the server adhered by his playstyle at the exact moment of entering the game! He'll reason every single action someone else does behind a deeptrust view or a passive perspective, and ulteriorly deciding that if a player doesn't follow his lines or moralities, he's an instant douchebag. He was the center of attention when he was alive, complaining about the way other people play the game. If so, when killed by another person or when someone didn't help him against a mob, he becomes the goddess universal mob of discussion that soaks every single point into his venom and repels every incoming argument with hostile and senseless comments, even if they break the continuity of the actual events (you killed me when I was prepared, I had lower ping and a higher daycount and we played the same character? You must be a noob!). Basically he starts rampaging when things don't go his way, and the favourite languages in which he will continously swear at you (apart english) are polish and russian.

The Spy: This is a tricky fellow; whenever he enters a server he changes his playstyle as if they were socks and starts introducing himself in the community ran by the host. He'll usually have a proactive behavior, trying to gain trust from the leader by helping their survival and friendly accepting their tasks; seeking productivity. Once he is confident enough, though, he gradually worsens his performance, seemingly branching into an AFK'er. He will wait for the right moment in the middle of the base until everyone is present. At this point he will either try to block the group inside, or he will straight-up go in a rampage, leaving the distressed ghosts raging and asking themselves why did the murderer do that. Some go as far as quitting the game from the built up agony, and some go wild on the chat. (see The Mouthbreather). The preferred times of striking are dusk and ideally night; odds-on they are playing Wolfgang for their hunger buff to be able to kill as many players in the shortest amount of time.

The Commando: This is more about a whole faction rather than a single individual. They can be either a really destructive weapon or an annoying wave of unripes (roots from The Noob) that will try, at any cost, to destroy the entire server by raiding it, burning resources and killing every person alive. The mastermind locates a decent public server and sets up a goal for the team that the latter tries to accomplish, leaving misery behind. In small quantities, they can be easily rid of; as the number increases, the situation becomes more finicky and it can leave lag spikes on the host's performance, deteriorating the gameplay for everyone. They will avoid at all costs modded servers as the communities found there can be more poisonous than the raiders themselves, combatting them with spawned-in equipment (and you tell me you acquired that thulecite club leggit, ha?).

The Fool: Splitting not that far from his younger cousin, The Noob, this guy is utterly inspired by a peaceful, shortlived and casual lifystyle hoping that no danger comes across his path on a survival game. His wishes may seem a bit off from the actual outcome at first, but don't worry, in reality they are more insane than that! Untrodden by the harsh reality, your average fool will suspiciously create a public server, destroying his desires for a restful life right from the beginning. He may or may not be aware of all the possible differences between two or more players, but will nonetheless passionally believe that his strategies alone are more than enough against threats in this game. More than that, if he happens to handle the server, chances are he will punish you when you violate his playstyle choices by banning you. What triggers them the most is when someone kills off a beefalo, since that obviously must be the only defense against hounds, and cooking meatballs from their well earned, efficient rabbit deposit. I'm different type of pro.

The Hacker: This guy's defence methods are noticeable enough for him to deserve a full-fledged class! Instead of outright assaulting the chat with offenses when things don't go as planned, the death will act as a stimulation for him to disclose and activate his inner powers. If fueled enough by the hatred, his frustrations will materialize into an ancient internet proficiency called a denial-of-service attack. Most of the games don't actually have this ability available, therefore the hacker has no other means to harm the killer other than using his spam botnets (gitting gud is out of question). He's not to be reckoned with, a truly fearsome beast. Fortunately most of the persons that developed this powerup also learned to not be stupid, leaving only buds and wicks behind. A more common variant of this is the combination between a hacker and a mouthbreather, in which the latter discovers what the concept of DDOS is and verbally attacks human beings by threatening; despite all thedull talk, this hybrid is proven to be harmless. Their worst enemy is indifference from other players, it greatly enhances their thirst for superiority.

The Harlequin: This guy is seen hunting down the worst servers in the whole list to feed his satisfaction. While this procedure can situationally compromise the entertainment, he's willing to take it all for the better of the fanbase. Instead of joining in the usual laidback manner, the goal at the end of the day is taking over the bad hosted games that seem to degenerate the quality of the gameplay by lessening the "ally's" survivability chance. Constantly throwing essential resources out of the window in a stealthy way and planning out the turn of some events that could lead to someone's death are a routine that cripples most players, and no one ever finds out who's fault was. It was in fact the little mime, all along. One of the advantages Wes benefits is the general mime traits that don't leave him the responsability to respond to conversations - a true mime would never talk. Another is the toptier image that such an underdog can create. Wes is the way. Wes will help us clean the world.

I'll post more whenever I collect more ideas!

Let me add to some stuff:

The Giving Tree: That one, rare player that actually spends more time getting resources for other players than for themselves. Usually mixed with The Hermit, the player will shower you with luxury structures, character-specific tech items, and food, up to the point where they die because of their generosity, at which point you're welcome to take their loot.

The Insane: That other rare player that builds signs near your base that say "THEY ARE COMING THEY ARE COMING THEY ARE COMING," knocks you out with mandrakes and stands over your body for a solid 5 minutes, and has a nearly infinite supply of "On Tentacles" books. You know the one.

Archived