How to be a DsT PvP God?

Someone told me today about this console command ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)

Had a couple of fights, it seems laggy but the fights are more interesting. I would like to ask some questions, if that is ok:

• A good strategy to start a base/ get equipped fast in PvP?
  • What are the best mods to use in PvP?
  • Is there a way to attack faster? (Sometimes someone attacks you and you just get stuck and cannot attack or anything, is this intended? Also it gets more difficult to kite)
  • How much of a difference in ping makes you the better player?
  • Are there PvP tournaments?
  • Are there more experienced players willing to teach?
  • I haven't spent so many hours in singleplayer, but I played more in DsT. However, I know how things generally work. Will that be an issue?
  • Wigfrid, Wolfgang and Wickerbottom are the best choices in PvP?
  • Good DsT streamers?

be the host and make some lag for everyone... just kidding.

The answers in order:

* get any kind of armor fast, and some butterfly's wings

* in my opinion, almost all mods that add new equipment need rebalance, the only mod that I recommend you is "no more lag" it doesn't help with your connection but disables the movement prediction and you will know where and when you are

* I don't think so, maybe pressing fast the f key, if you chop a tree with enough beat you can chop it more fast (twice speed i guess) but I don't think that works in a fight

* green numbers could make a good fight, yellow is a warning, maybe you need a plan b, and red is a death warrant

* I never saw one but I don't play so much, maybe you could organize one

* Some players do it, I always want to share my tactics and experience with other players because if you don't share your wisdom you lost it, lots of players are good people who are ready to help, just talk with them and you can know more of they

* No, the both games are the same game with some little modifications, if you can survive in one you can survive in other, the experience still there

* Maybe Webber can be usefull too, with some spiders he can be a badass char, wigfrid isn't more strong if she loses her equipament she is weak as wilson so keep that in mind, of curse wolfgang is the stronger but if you get a tentacle spike and a good armor you can confront him, use your head to beat strongest players, maybe a fight in a swamp could be an advantage if you are good for evading

* I don't know, sorry

I already answered this but my thread got locked.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52291-im-making-everyone-a-pvp-god-with-this-single-post-friendly-version/

good luck!  The video below is a test run of the early macro.  I've improved my macro script to facilitate recent changes but I'm not posting it :razz:

I saw two players attacking just like you did in the video. Even if they were slowed, or under the effects of the pan flutes, their attacks were much faster than their opponents. Even if the others tried to kite, they couldn't get in as many attacks and as fast as those players.

Now, asking the game developers: Is this allowed? I would definitely want to use if it gives you an allowed advantage, because it doesn't seem fair seeing those players just destroy everyone(in the servers I played).

I saw two players attacking just like you did in the video. Even if they were slowed, or under the effects of the pan flutes, their attacks were much faster than their opponents. Even if the others tried to kite, they couldn't get in as many attacks and as fast as those players.

Now, asking the game developers: Is this allowed? I would definitely want to use if it gives you an allowed advantage, because it doesn't seem fair seeing those players just destroy everyone(in the servers I played).

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Hacking: Don’t do it. This includes games, server, clients, accounts and community services. This topic is covered in greater detail within our Terms of Service, but this should be pretty self explanatory. 

Exploitation: You may not exploit bugs within any game systems or community pages for your own benefit or for the benefit of any other individual. If a bug is found please report the issue in the appropriate support forum!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Hacking: Don’t do it. This includes games, server, clients, accounts and community services. This topic is covered in greater detail within our Terms of Service, but this should be pretty self explanatory. 

Exploitation: You may not exploit bugs within any game systems or community pages for your own benefit or for the benefit of any other individual. If a bug is found please report the issue in the appropriate support forum!

Well is this considered an exploit? A hack? Or just a macro that can be used? Plenty of macros being used in WoW, for example.

And if I see someone attack faster than usual what do I do?

To be confident with PvP try to complete a 'Nomad Challenge' i.e. to survive a year on default map settings with short seasons having no permanent base: every structure to be destroyed or abandoned and never used after one game day from the moment it's built. Replanting is prohibited. Dropping stuff on the ground for later use is prohibited.

Ownership and Simple Protection are the two mods you'll need to enable for PvP as a host. Otherwise building a base makes no sense in PvP since it's easily destroyed. Ownership also gives you PvP traps.

Disable mods that show player locations on a map if you're a host since it's cheaty.

I also recommend additional slots mod for backpack and amulet.

Good starting strategy is to build a log suite, pigskin hat and spear quickly or get tentacle spikes plus a hammer and a backpack. Then ravage someone's base.

Try to hide your base somewhere. In swamps for instance, build an empty chest surrounded by tentacles as a trap. Hide your base away from roads and edges since players follow edges and roads to explore.

Build two bases to hop between. Get a good feeling on season change and get cold / heat protection in time. Kite befallos for meat - that's efficient.

Team up and recruit as many as you can. Force is in numbers. Don't kill innocent players that just joined. Use Endless as a game mode, not Survival.

Use whisper command to plan an attack with teammates.

Sometimes a fight can be turned into days long run. Better come prepared with food stacked.

Use social aspects as much as possible. For instance announce a juicy bounty for a head of a particular player. Lie to people if needed and trick them to believe someone is a fire starter or griefer.

Don't use macros like above since it's an exploiting and not a fair play.

Avoid damaging your health at all costs. Build honey poultice to quickly restore health.

When you're in a night fight, swap torch for weapon and attack your opponent while lit by his torch. If he swaps for weapon too and there is no light, disengage and only then swap to your torch.

To gain serious advantage create fire or freezing staff.

Have fun and respect nature!

Its been in as long as the giants have in DS RoG.

Pretty much this, she's always had those stats.

Not something that the game outright tells you though, you'd have to look at the wiki unless you noticed that she takes 1 less hit to kill a spider.

Even then, most would assume that extra boost came from the fact that her spear is stronger than a normal spear as well.

Well is this considered an exploit? A hack? Or just a macro that can be used? Plenty of macros being used in WoW, for example.

And if I see someone attack faster than usual what do I do?

Macros are considered both exploits and hacks. I'm not actually certain they work either right now, since Klei already patched fast-attacking.

Making pvp mechanics easier in general or easier to exploit than default game is stupid, not only you are reducing competition to yourself and make the experience overall trivial, but you also ruin another's fun.

And never forget, if you feel like a god for 15 minutes for using hacks, you can extend that period by playing the game ONLY in your imagination, where you are the Otaku god slaying all the bad guys. But that requires shutting down your game as long as you do it.

This is absolutely blatant thought-policing.  The mods have already told me and you Dipps that this is not illegal and can be discussed.  Dipps and the other trolls trying to scare people away are the same people using macros like this.

The reason my threads got shut down was an organized troll effort not because the macros are illegal.

If you don't believe me, read through my threads or ask the devs.  It's not illegal.

The REAL reason they don't want you to use them is because they know, just as I do, that if lots of people start using my macro or macros like it then their position of "pvp gods" is going to be harder to maintain.  I regularly solo groups of 5 people with this macro.  The entire reason I posted this macro was because I thought it was lame as hell.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52244-im-making-everyone-a-pvp-god-with-this-single-post-until-a-patch/page-3

bottom of the page.  mod says it's allowed to use / discuss.

Another link... in the middle of the page the mods don't say it's illegal and are showing it's fine.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/52291-im-making-everyone-a-pvp-god-with-this-single-post-friendly-version/

It's the same trolls in all of my threads.  Read them and you'll see what I'm talking about.

NOTE: They tried to patch the fast attacking, but if you play around with it and mod my macro to take into account the changes they added you can get it working again.  I'm not posting that though so you'll have to do it yourself.  Just know that you can and that you should be able to figure it out with a little testing.

I don't think you can swing in place anymore at least, so they did fix that with a silent patch.

Try hard and believe in yourself, man. If you believe really hard (like in my favourite japanese animes) then you'll always win! Believe it!
that really works. Yesterday I shot down an asteroid with the power of friendship. 

PvP is all about being well prepared. Wigfrid is an easy pvp character because she starts with her helmet and spear. At day 1, no one stands a chance against Wigfrid. But as more time is given to prepare, Wolfgang proves to be a better choice once you get a good amount of food and basic armor as he has more speed,damage and health at mighty form.

But PvP isn't only about simply melee damage, there's a lot of strategy that go deeper in the mechanics of the game, such as fire and sleep. If you have sleep items, you have an absurd advantage as you can put the opponent to sleep and get an easy stunlock while he wakes up. If he fights back and stunlock you, just run and put him to sleep again.

That's why Wickerbottom has become my main choice for pvp since some recents update. Her Sleeptime Stories book is a VERY powerful item as it works like a panflute and it's not really hard to make for me. You do have to live risking to finding a Wolfgang or Wigfrid while you don't have the book though.

Another way that's been removed from the game is by making the opponent insane. You could easily lower someone sanity by forcefeeding green caps, but you can only do it now if the player is not moving (And come on, if you are not moving in pvp, you are definitely pvping wrong). There's an alternative way that is making the opponent wet (and by consequence, insane) if you use water ballons, but i can't give details on that as i haven't tested it myself.

As for mods to use in PvP, i prefer vanilla. Seeing players in the map do add to the pvp, as no one is never in a safe spot. But the feeling of searching someone or simply fearing if someone is close is far better than actually knowing where everyone is. And character mods... no, please no.

Can we please just stop talking about TrueAlphaOmega's macro? I don't think it's technically against the rules, but it's definitely unsportsmanlike, and I think it's telling that Klei tried to patch it (hint: that means they don't want it in the game). Also, every thread TAO started about it got locked down within a few days. 

Macros are considered both exploits and hacks. I'm not actually certain they work either right now, since Klei already patched fast-attacking.

Making pvp mechanics easier in general or easier to exploit than default game is stupid, not only you are reducing competition to yourself and make the experience overall trivial, but you also ruin another's fun.

And never forget, if you feel like a god for 15 minutes for using hacks, you can extend that period by playing the game ONLY in your imagination, where you are the Otaku god slaying all the bad guys. But that requires shutting down your game as long as you do it.

So I've read all these "drama" threads, and I'm getting the feeling that some people don't want other people to find out about the macros?

Anyway, I feel that Wickerbottom is pretty strong now that Sleepy Time Stories affect players, and also Wigfrid and Wolfgang remain at the top.

So I'm pretty sure a good team composition will include Wicker and Wigfrid or Wolfgang.

Hi (: there are player hosted pvp tournaments we had one a little earlier in the year and we are planing on trying to do something this summer if you are interested. 

here's a link to the last one check out the video it got a little crazy but it was fun

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/51941-bunnys-pvp-competition/#entry620751

we will be making a few changes as well and expect the new tournament to be in a couple of months since I have school ;)

So I've read all these "drama" threads, and I'm getting the feeling that some people don't want other people to find out about the macros?

Should I spread information about cheating in competitive games?

Especially as I don't use them?

Should I spread information about cheating in competitive games?

Especially as I don't use them?

Haven't seen Klei say "it is forbidden to use macros"? If it is said, then I will probably stop caring.

Archived