Bunny's PvP competition

Hi I recently posted about this on Alpha's thread but I want to make something specific for this. 

This is a thing and it is happening :-)

Competition Video- 
(lol this was so sucky XD )

UPDATE: I will try to keep this updated daily

Find "Bunny's PVP" in server list and unfortunately, server is in the west.. so optimal ping is heh.

Event date: March 21st (Saturday)
This should give people enough time to prepare/warmup/schedule prior to the event. You can always join the server to use the window of opportunity to adapt to some minor changes.

The date isn't really up for a change unless a lot of people request for another.

If you don't have the time to join right away when it starts, you can join in later and we may have a rule giving you a few extra days to gather supplies depending on when you join in.

Time: 2:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM CST / 5:00 PM EST

​There will be 2 competitions
If you only want to participate in one of these please clarify otherwise you will be signed up for both

PVP

• This will be first one hosted.
  • We will be teleported to an arena
  • Fight to the death
  • You are given a specific amount of armor, weapons, and food items, including some sort of healing (use this to your own advantage example-if playing Wolfgang you could eat the butter become super strong and hopefully kill all players before you run out of food)
  • Last survivor equals winner

The specific items are subject to change, but Bunny currently has decided upon:

• Hambat x1
  • Football Helmet x2
  • Log Suit x2
  • Butter x10?

Survival of the fittest  

• This is to test your skills at survival and fighting
  • Rules below

Rules:

• Pick any character
  • PvP/hunger games begin at world day 6, no killing before this day
  • If you die, please stay within the game for sanity reasoning and odds against the survivors
  • If you require to kill a target, you must find them

Point system:
LeopardFlowers and Jisook are keeping track of kills and points. Server logs will be helpful there if needed as well.

When a player is killed by another player, points are given based on how long they survive.
An example would be that if you killed a player that has been surviving without dying yet at day 22, you would be given (+22) points, but if you kill them again once they've revived they're starting at day 1 by theory, so if you kill them again it'll be (+1) and not really worth the time.

Restrictions may apply to those who cheat the system such as killing someone then reviving them for (+5)

Points earned:

• Last standing player marked alive (+50)
  • Surviving to 2nd winter without a single death, world day 57 (+50)
  • Every 10 days you live (+10)
  • Reviving other players (+5)
  • Reviving yourself via touchstone or amulet (+5)

Points lost upon:

• Death by another player via PvP (-20)
  • Death via PvE (-15)
  • Revival by another player (-10)

We give everyone about 3 to 5 free log outs but after it will start costing points. Also I understand when a computer crashes you have no choice so this is what the freebies are for and I do agree this takes a lot of game play time so you might need a short break. Also if you are found to be misusing your log outs the admins will start deducting your points.

If you start pvp before the set day we will find it on the log and negate your points. This is in place so we don't have willows proceeding to kos at spawn.

Staff:
LeopardFlowers
Jisook

These two will hold all judgement to whether any rules were broken.

About the server:

• No mods unless highly requested, things like throwable spear
  • Dedicated, will provide logs for shenanigans if you think there's trickery involved
  • 20 max players
  • Some new changes for some more optimal fun, gotta adapt to it, it's still very vanilla
  • Summer days are 1-15, 31-40
  • Winter days are 16-30,
  • World is huge instead of the default large
  • Krampus is set to a lot in request, mostly due to the fact he's p. harmless
  • Walrus camps increased to 7
  • Tracking down a Koalefant? Higher chances of Varg and Ewecus!
  • More touchstones if you really don't want to team with anyone
  • Everything else, is pretty much vanilla default

Prizes:
A personal .. something from our lovely.. someone :-)
(need to make up a second prize)

PVP Arena:
Bunny
Your Local N00B
FlareV2
TrueAlphaOmega
Zamato
Granddaddypurpshroomalist
XopherPM
BipedalBear
TheHussySmurf
warpiggunzo
GoshJosh
DictatoJam
Syph|l|s
SmellyBacon
CAZTLE (If he/she can get around work schedule)
Tendion
PandaWaffles
00petar00
Dipps

Survival of the fittest:
Bunny
Your Local N00B
FlareV2
TrueAlphaOmega
Zamato
Granddaddypurpshroomalist
XopherPM
BipedalBear
TheHussySmurf
warpiggunzo
GoshJosh
DictatoJam
Syph|l|s
SmellyBacon
CAZTLE (If he/she can get around work schedule)
PandaWaffles
00petar00
Dipps

Post in this thread if:
Interested in signing up to which event.
Questions as we will try to provide as much clarity to you
Rule changes

Remember, this is a community based server with your opinions and input. Fun or interesting changes that sway away from vanilla can be a whole new experience. 

If ping isn't optimal or you feel it requires more equal balance, I'll look into what we can do about that.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I will be there.

*EDIT* MY reservation about playing on unofficial servers is when I'm actually dueling someone. Fun events like this I'm fine with :grin:

Oh i forgot to say ^^ this server will be dedicated :D  

Bunny brought be here!

I'm not 100% sure I can make the time, but if I can I will be there.

I'm so glad you're going to try and make it :D you being there will probably bring up the competition another level XD!!! 

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

OH JOYOUS DAY

Does this mean you are rejoining the competition? Also sorry it took so long to set everything up I was waiting for someone to give me a date XD but then I decided to just go for it after the last discussion went way off topic :)

Hey!

I'm an easy kill but I want to learn a bit more so I'll join. :D

How many hours will this take? I think 4:00PM there is 9:00PM here the next day. 

I'll have to make sure my net doesn't cap by the 21st, too, otherwise I don't know how my net will handle the distance. :D

I can probably kill everyone if the ping is lower than 70, but since the time zone is cst i will get around 170 ms.

A guide for pvp, start off with strongman. Find gold as soon as possible and create a science machine on the spot( you will want to make a hammer as well). Make some basic recipe tools and prebuild a crockpot.

Stay on wimpy form until you find a koalefant. Track the koalefant and lead it to a cliff, ez meat ez life.

Find savannas and start putting traps around bunny holes, Then make 3 meatstews and some meatballs. You will want to stay on wimpy mode until you find a person to kill. Next priority is to find the swamp for tentacles and reeds. If you can find beefalos that is great but I highly recommend on building a base near the swamp as most people cannot find the base.

Few things to make: bird cage, bird trap, bee box, advanced farm and pig house.

Make bacon and egg as your staple diet and bandage(papyrus and honey) as healing tool. Since fish is common in the swamp, make some fishsticks. Once you've obtained enough fishsticks, bandages, tentacle spikes and log suits, you can go on a rampage.

Last note, Be sure to kill beefalos for beefalo hat and contest for hunting camps.

Pro tip of the day, you can line 5 tooth traps and "lure" mc tusk into the line for ez hats and tusks.

I can probably kill everyone if the ping is lower than 70, but since the time zone is cst i will get around 170 ms.

A guide for pvp, start off with strongman. Find gold as soon as possible and create a science machine on the spot( you will want to make a hammer as well). Make some basic recipe tools and prebuild a crockpot.

Stay on wimpy form until you find a koalefant. Track the koalefant and lead it to a cliff, ez meat ez life.

Find savannas and start putting traps around bunny holes, Then make 3 meatstews and some meatballs. You will want to stay on wimpy mode until you find a person to kill. Next priority is to find the swamp for tentacles and reeds. If you can find beefalos that is great but I highly recommend on building a base near the swamp as most people cannot find the base.

Few things to make: bird cage, bird trap, bee box, advanced farm and pig house.

Make bacon and egg as your staple diet and bandage(papyrus and honey) as healing tool. Since fish is common in the swamp, make some fishsticks. Once you've obtained enough fishsticks, bandages, tentacle spikes and log suits, you can go on a rampage.

Last note, Be sure to kill beefalos for beefalo hat and contest for hunting camps.

Pro tip of the day, you can line 5 tooth traps and "lure" mc tusk into the line for ez hats and tusks.

Hi :D does this mean you are going to join us? and also I kept forgetting to mention but the server is hosted in the west XD so that's where the optimal ping will be ^^; I didn't want to be the host (cause i'm lazy..) I mean... because i will be participating so your host/admin will be jisook who's comment should be approved sometime soon. (hopefully) I am central though so my ping will be lol... anyway XD you can check  his sever on the dedicated pvp survival list :) it should be under my name bunny even though it's not my server :D That way you will be able to test how your ping runs on the server and what your strategy should be :D good luck if you are joining

Hi :grin: does this mean you are going to join us? and also I kept forgetting to mention but the server is hosted in the west XD so that's where the optimal ping will be ^^; I didn't want to be the host (cause i'm lazy..) I mean... because i will be participating so your host/admin will be jisook who's comment should be approved sometime soon. (hopefully) I am central though so my ping will be lol... anyway XD you can check  his sever on the dedicated pvp survival list :-) it should be under my name bunny even though it's not my server :grin: That way you will be able to test how your ping runs on the server and what your strategy should be :grin: good luck if you are joining

I'm east coast but i dont give a

6461537fuuuurageguy.png

If there's any questions regarding any settings within the server, you may direct them to me and I will clarify and provide clarity. I will provide complete logs if people require that at the end of event. Lastly if anything I would like people to start playing on the server as a warm up so I can see if I can improve any network issues that may arise.

Also Bunny.
Hi I recently posted about this on Alpha's thread but I want to make something specific for this. 
This is a thing and it is happening.

Find "Bunny's" in server list and unfortunately, server is in the west.. so optimal ping is heh.

Event date: March 21st (Saturday)
This should give people enough time to prepare/warmup/schedule prior to the event. You can always join the server to use the window of opportunity to adapt to some minor changes.

The date isn't really up for a change unless a lot of people request for another.

If you don't have the time to join right away when it starts, you can join in later and we may have a rule giving you a few extra days to gather supplies depending on when you join in.

Time: 2:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM CST / 5:00 PM EST

Rules:
  1. Pick any character
  2. PvP/hunger games begin at world day 9
  3. If you die, please stay within the game for sanity reasoning and odds against the survivors
  4. If you require to kill a target, you must find them

Point system:
LeopardFlowers and Jisook are keeping track of kills and points. Server logs will be helpful there if needed as well.

When a player is killed by another player, points are given based on how long they survive.
An example would be that if you killed a player that has been surviving without dying yet at day 22, you would be given (+22) points, but if you kill them again once they've revived they're starting at day 1 by theory, so if you kill them again it'll be (+1) and not really worth the time.

Restrictions may apply to those who cheat the system such as killing someone then reviving them for (+5)

Points earned:
  • Last standing player marked alive (+50)
  • Surviving to 2nd winter without a single death, world day 57 (+50)
  • Every 10 days you live (+10)
  • Reviving other players (+5)
  • Reviving yourself via touchstone or amulet (+5)
Points lost upon:
  • Death by another player via PvP (-20)
  • Death via PvE (-15)
  • Revival by another player (-10)

We give everyone about 3 to 5 free log outs but after it will start costing points. Also I understand when a computer crashes you have no choice so this is what the freebies are for and I do agree this takes a lot of game play time so you might need a short break. Also if you are found to be misusing your log outs the admins will start deducting your points.

Staff:
LeopardFlowers
Jisook

These two will hold all judgement to whether any rules were broken.

About the server:
No mods unless highly requested, things like throwable spear
Dedicated, will provide logs for shenanigans if you think there's trickery involved
10 max players at the moment, can increase it as much as the signup list
Some new changes for some more optimal fun, gotta adapt to it, it's still very vanilla
Summer days are 1-20, 37-57
Winter days are 21-36, 58-73
World is huge instead of the default large
Krampus is set to a lot in request, mostly due to the fact he's p. harmless
Walrus camps increased to 7
Tracking down a Koalefant? Higher chances of Varg and Ewecus!
More touchstones if you really don't want to team with anyone
Everything else, is pretty much vanilla default

Prizes:
A personal .. something from our lovely.. someone  :-)

Current signup list:
  1. Bunny
  2. Your Local N00B
  3. FlareV2
  4. TrueAlphaOmega
  5. Zamato
  6. Granddaddypurpshroomalist
  7. XopherPM

Post in this thread if:
Interested in signing up
Questions as we will try to provide as much clarity to you

Remember, this is a community based server with your opinions and input. Fun or interesting changes that sway away from vanilla can be a whole new experience. 

If ping isn't optimal or you feel it requires more equal balance, I'll look into what we can do about that.

Bunny sucks tho..

Hey!

I'm an easy kill but I want to learn a bit more so I'll join. :grin:

How many hours will this take? I think 4:00PM there is 9:00PM here the next day. 

I'll have to make sure my net doesn't cap by the 21st, too, otherwise I don't know how my net will handle the distance. :grin:

dang i just realized this will take about 7 and a half hours to finish but you may always join in later :) (it will just be harder to rack up points against other players) :D but this will be a great chance for you to fight some of the strongest players on dst so it should be a great experience

How long will this match last? I think it's useless to have it last more than 10 days (80 minutes), as it's the perfect amount of time to get everything you want (if you know worldgen a bit or if you are lucky, that is), it's waay less time consuming than straight up playing till day 57 (almost 8 hours), and probably more enjoyable.

On day 10 there could be a deathmatch where everyone is teleported in same place.

How long will this match last? I think it's useless to have it last more than 10 days (80 minutes), as it's the perfect amount of time to get everything you want (if you know worldgen a bit or if you are lucky, that is), it's waay less time consuming than straight up playing till day 57 (almost 8 hours), and probably more enjoyable.

On day 10 there could be a deathmatch where everyone is teleported in same place.

Yea I think this would be a great idea X) sorry i did think about it ^^ I didn't realize it would be 8 hours lol... Anyway yes we can make summer and winter shorter :) jisook is working on that and also I would like to focus that is a pvp + survival competition so it's different from the tournaments flare and co are used to :) but there will be a set end time which we are discussing now :) and there will be a last standing player XD probably lol :3 muhahahaha

Yea I think this would be a great idea X) sorry i did think about it ^^ I didn't realize it would be 8 hours lol... Anyway yes we can make summer and winter shorter :-) jisook is working on that and also I would like to focus that is a pvp + survival competition so it's different from the tournaments flare and co are used to :-) but there will be a set end time which we are discussing now :-) and there will be a last standing player XD probably lol :3 muhahahaha

Yeah well Bunny's either going for an hardcore survivalist PVP or she's just crazy.

Any kind of suggestions/proposal is nice. I can set the custom seasons lengths instead of the preset ones. I mean we can even play out this for 3 rounds too, so like whoever survives as the last person for each world generated. 80 mins each, 4 hours total for 3 worlds.

Any kind of suggestions/proposal is nice. I can set the custom seasons lengths instead of the preset ones. I mean we can even play out this for 3 rounds too, so like whoever survives as the last person for each world generated. 80 mins each, 4 hours total for 3 worlds.

How about 35 or 40 days about 4-5 hours in game 

1-15 summer (gathering) 16-25 winter(fighting, surviving) 26-35 summer (fighting) 

1-15 summer, 16-25 winter, 30-40 summer

Although i do really enjoy the idea of rounds as well :3?

what does everyone else like?

Ugh, when do I get an edit button, grammar and other things I should've added.

I mean the thought of it being a casual fun event is nice and all, but majority of the time it's for people who are more oriented towards doing everything they possibly can to be the survival of the fittest which comes to my next point that I think Bunny originally wanted to do.

She wanted more than the default walrus camps (0-3 on default) because the thought of surviving winter and having PVP is what makes it interesting with the cold, so with 10 days, that's a very short time leading into winter.

The playstyles really are based on how people want it to be, because anyone can duke it out ASAP once someone gathers the materials to make an axe and keep chase for a while, some like having some sort of foundation before heading to battle.

In fact I can totally make this a hunger game like experience if people want. I will simply block everyone within the portal and place out chests in a circle and let everyone loose. DST is still in very much development and all of this is just simply bringing me back memories of what the game Rust used to be about.

Rust is more heavy though, when you logout, you sleep on the floor and people can kill you in your sleep. It was intense because without a group of friends to actually do shifts, your base was bound to be raided and destroyed, you will also die in the process.

It takes 5 posts total for the edit button!

But yeah, this inputs are what I/we are looking for, so it doesn't necessarily have to be aimed towards players who have time, really competitive, egotistical etc.

Ugh, when do I get an edit button, grammar and other things I should've added.

I mean the thought of it being a casual fun event is nice and all, but majority of the time it's for people who are more oriented towards doing everything they possibly can to be the survival of the fittest which comes to my next point that I think Bunny originally wanted to do.

She wanted more than the default walrus camps (0-3 on default) because the thought of surviving winter and having PVP is what makes it interesting with the cold, so with 10 days, that's a very short time leading into winter.

The playstyles really are based on how people want it to be, because anyone can duke it out ASAP once someone gathers the materials to make an axe and keep chase for a while, some like having some sort of foundation before heading to battle.

In fact I can totally make this a hunger game like experience if people want. I will simply block everyone within the portal and place out chests in a circle and let everyone loose. DST is still in very much development and all of this is just simply bringing me back memories of what the game Rust used to be about.

Rust is more heavy though, when you logout, you sleep on the floor and people can kill you in your sleep. It was intense because without a group of friends to actually do shifts, your base was bound to be raided and destroyed, you will also die in the process.

It takes 5 posts total for the edit button!

But yeah, this inputs are what I/we are looking for, so it doesn't necessarily have to be aimed towards players who have time, really competitive, egotistical etc.

Urg all of these sound like so much fun DX i want to do all of it!!! Can we get a pvp comp going every 1 or 2 months with different rules like these lol

For this time i'd probably like to do what we had originally plan just with shorter seasons but now i want to do all of this :/

gosh darn it jisook :p

K, I'm not sure where the sign-up sheet is. AHAH Local N00b is on the list<- I've always wanted to kill him !!

Request: turn flint into more (treeguards too) 

LOL Everyone loves to kill local noob XD anyway all you had to do was post that you wanted to join :) I put you on the list :-) good luck 

This sounds great and all and I will try and show up. Although, I have a fairly high ping in the server (stable 130ms) that will most likely be even greater when everybody is at the event.

My internet is a potato.

Hahaha finally I might be the better ping lol >: D anyway yes i understand that your internet is a potato the free log outs were because of that <3

Archived