Reign of Giants public test: April 2nd Update

@Dudedude, In RoG dapperness is a property of the equippable component. Check any equippable with dapperness, for example, beargervest:

inst.components.equippable.dapperness = TUNING.DAPPERNESS_MED_LARGE

I'm having the same issue with a mod of mine. Could you tell me I need to do to fix the problem? (I'm not the best at coding) I'd appreciate it.

@NaotoShirogane, Replace the part where you add the dapperness component with a line like the one I quoted. Before, I'm guessing it was probably something like this:

inst:AddComponent("dapperness")inst.components.dapperness:SetDapperness(something)

change that to

inst.components.equippable.dapperness = something

(obviously, put it after the equippable component is added)

Hi.

Indeed, deerclops too easy.

Maybe instead his freezing attacks, you could give him normally hits. Instead of his freezing, hitting 5 times, out and in again.

Then "Deerclops freeze" 2-3 seconds, he normal hit, 2-3 he freeze hit again.?

- Anyway, there's something about summer and Flingo..

We are agree, that flingo shouldnt help crops grow? If no, everthing's fine. If yes, nothing grows.

Also, is the Ice flingo suppose to freeze the mobs? It's an easy way to get food in summer. Also you can use the Ice flingo to protect yourself against the Hounds, which makes everything easier. Could you make a change that Ice flingo don't hit on mobs? Or its not possible, since mobs burn too?

I found a nasty glitch that affects everyone, not just modded character. It involves Poison Birchnut. Heres the log.

[00:50:42]: [string "scripts/componentactions.lua"]:875: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:scripts/componentactions.lua:875 in (method) CollectActions (Lua) <857-889>   self (valid:true) =      GUID = 170447      Transform = Transform (284FFC88)      inlimbo = false      GetAdjective = function - ../mods/workshop-367045073/modmain.lua:340      actionreplica = table: 44BB60C0      event_listening = table: 44BBDEB0      actioncomponents = table: 44FF6BA8      entity = Entity (28C66000)      AnimState = AnimState (284FD0C8)      prefab = deciduoustree      build = normal      OnSave = function - ../mods/workshop-369083494/modmain.lua:636      Network = Network (284F9248)      persists = true      modactioncomponents = table: 2861ACA8      MiniMapEntity = MiniMapEntity (284FBFC8)      event_listeners = table: 44BC16C8      GetAdjective_rakky_redirect = function - scripts/entityscript.lua:1445      OnLoad = function - ../mods/workshop-369083494/modmain.lua:686      dragonflypriority = 1      spawntime = 2792.6668123156      name = Birchnut Tree      replica = table: 44BB7150      Physics = Physics (28507AE8)      components = table: 44BB6C78      SoundEmitter = SoundEmitter (284FB368)   type = SCENE   arg = nil   t = table: 0F4C0360   modname = workshop-396970726   modtable = table: 2861EE70scripts/components/playeractionpicker.lua:39 in (method) GetSceneActions (Lua) <36-60>   self =      map = Map (345C12B8)      inst = 100842 - nedelya (valid:true)      actionfilter = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:483   useitem = 170447 - deciduoustree (valid:true)   right = nil   actions = table: 3490D738scripts/components/playeractionpicker.lua:153 in (method) GetLeftClickActions (Lua) <117-172>   self =      map = Map (345C12B8)      inst = 100842 - nedelya (valid:true)      actionfilter = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:483   position = (-37.88, 0.00, 42.92)   target = 170447 - deciduoustree (valid:true)   actions = table: 34916F40   useitem = nil   equipitem = 100792 - cane (valid:true)   ispassable = truescripts/components/playeractionpicker.lua:242 in (method) DoGetMouseActions (Lua) <211-246>   self =      map = Map (345C12B8)      inst = 100842 - nedelya (valid:true)      actionfilter = function - scripts/prefabs/player_common.lua:483   position = (-37.88, 0.00, 42.92)   target = 170447 - deciduoustree (valid:true)scripts/components/playercontroller.lua:1376 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <1258-1617>   self =      ondetachclassified = function - scripts/components/playercontroller.lua:75      predictionsent = false      controller_target_age = 1.#INF      draggingonground = false      handler = table: 2AC95A98      inst = 100842 - nedelya (valid:true)      remote_vector = (-44.60, 3.00, 42.33)      classified = 101491 - player_classified (valid:true)      lastrottime = 1375.5667384081      map = Map (345C12B8)      directwalking = true      locomotor = table: 312F9670      lastzoomtime = 1274.3667331301      time_direct_walking = 7.9000004120171      ismastersim = false      predictwalking = false      dragwalking = false      mousetimeout = 10      deploy_mode = true      remote_controls = table: 28621558      IsEnabled = function - ../mods/workshop-352373173/modmain.lua:45   dt = 0.033333335071802   isenabled = true   ishudblocking = nil   controller_mode = false   new_highlight = nilscripts/update.lua:183 in () ? (Lua) <146-219>   dt = 0.033333335071802   tick = 87826   k = 100842   v = 100842 - nedelya (valid:true)   cmp = table: 2B3F1F70 [00:50:42]: SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:42]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:43]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:43]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:43]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:43]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:43]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:43]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:44]: FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve_DLC001/creatures/decidous/drake_run_rustle: An Event failed to be retrieved, most likely due to 'just fail' being specified as the max playbacks behavior. [00:50:44]: QueryServerComplete no callback[00:50:45]: QueryServerComplete no callback[00:50:46]: Force aborting...

Can anyone answer why the Fling-O-Matic's off mode is called emergency mode and not simply Turn Off? And isn't the term emergency mode suppose to technically be for emergencies like flash-fires but in this set up the emergency is to not put out fires? I might be alone on this but that's just odd to me.

@rezecib, just played with it a bit more and never realized that happens during the emergency mode, probably cause I leave camp before even seeing anything get burnt. Makes perfect sense now and experimenting with the new fire spread mechanic in a common camp setup, it works as intended even though camp would end up being half burnt by the time the fling-o-matic is done. Thanks for answering Rez.

So I have a few things to report:

-On the last report on the first page. For some reason whenever I stepped from Savannah to Dark Forest, I end up with the clock crash issue. I don't know why, but it seemed to only happen on major biome, from one to another.

-I appreciate the changes for deerclops, but is the massive sanity drain intentional? It literally took a minute and a half to immediately go into insanity, when originally it doesn't take that fast to become insane.

So I have a few things to report:

-On the last report on the first page. For some reason whenever I stepped from Savannah to Dark Forest, I end up with the clock crash issue. I don't know why, but it seemed to only happen on major biome, from one to another.

-I appreciate the changes for deerclops, but is the massive sanity drain intentional? It literally took a minute and a half to immediately go into insanity, when originally it doesn't take that fast to become insane.

Sanity drain aura is intentional. It also drains sanity that fast in single game(-400/min), but you should spend double time to beaten him down due to doubled hit points in DST so you could misunderstand its sanity aura power is doubled up in DST.

Anyway, I don't like currently updated Deerclops. It's way toooooooo easy to kill him now.

hi, tested again yesterday with a friend (no mod where installed):

- deerclops actually is fine. could be stronger. had the feeling, that if two guys hit it (with bat ham), the deerclops hit back more later/slowly. we got hit in the sum max. 7 times

- wendy's range attack also get penalty, like her melee-damage. she cannot kill a bird with one hit by a boomerang, but in the wiki stand she get only dmg-penalyt on melee-attacks

- sometimes (happened 2 times) the tentacles just attack the air the whole time, until i hit them once

- the meteors land sometimes also on tallbird-nests. maybe instead of this the meteor can get destroyed (also a solution for meteors on frog-ponds)

- no ice-hounds on winter, but in the spring?? killed 300 hounds in the desert for hope getting a blue gem, and then they came on spring. I wish more ice- and fire-founds spawning on their own seasons

There were more things, but i don't remember XD

Anyway the new fire mechanic is good. Even if things are burning more slowly, it is still fast enough that player cannot stop it in a forest for example.

And maybe it would be great, that the character said something like "I heated up", if she/he got full temperatur in the winter (or the temperatur will not increase anymore standing near fire). Same for summer.

Cheers

Some noted bugs,

- During first summer some of the plants in the farm caught fire, the flingomatics extinguished them, but now the farms no longer grow plants, tried fertilizing them, but made no difference, cant delete the farms, seeds or anything related to the farms using the hammer or console commands.

- Flingomatics in emergency mode didn't activate when fire broke out in their range. Once turned on they extinguished the fires.

- During the 1st spring a smoldering effect got stuck on no apparent object in the grasslands area. Its just hovering in the air. We have gone an entire year since and the smoldering effect has yet to clear. Does provide light and heat.

- When fighting it seems that there is a slight lag which allows a character to examine its target rather then attack, thus in the middle of a fight you get the examine response from the character. This of course means the character doesn't attack at that instance.

- Currently in 2nd summer, have constant light rain. Seems like the amount is what would occur just before it disappears, wetness meter is staying at "1". Additionally the world is much darker then normal in this summer. Not sure if this is an effect of the aforementioned rain. Haven't tried console commands to see if we can clear it up.

- Seems like the attack box of Deerclops is larger, or the server lag makes it much harder to dodge, I wasn't able to effectively melee Deerclops. I didn't manage to get out of range once, where this was easy during the regular Don't Starve.

- MacTusk's dogs don't attack when MacTusk is attacked, thus you can sit at boomerang range and fight MacTusk without engaging the dogs. MiniTusk only runs away when the dogs are killed, rather then when MacTusk is killed.

- Poison Trees occur at a rate of once every 2-10 Beachnut Trees chopped down, while Treeguards don't spawn after 50-100 trees chopped down, even at day 120.  This was the same rate as Don't Starve, so I don't know if this is intentional.

Day 128 of our server

Hope this is helpful.

Hi there,

I was playing with a friend with the latest version. In summer an improved farm had a withered crop. My friend picked it up and the following error message came up when he did so.

I've attached the crash log, if you need any additional information please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

post-620437-0-83838500-1428183827_thumb.

Sanity drain aura is intentional. It also drains sanity that fast in single game(-400/min), but you should spend double time to beaten him down due to doubled hit points in DST so you could misunderstand its sanity aura power is doubled up in DST.

Anyway, I don't like currently updated Deerclops. It's way toooooooo easy to kill him now.

No, the issue is not because of the health. When I (or my peeps) actually killed him, we were almost at the verge of insanity. But with this update, the drain is even more than usual for some reason, and he was nowhere near dead at all at the point of insanity, forcing us to attack the shadow creatures while trying to run off from deerclops (its attack don't hurt shadow creatures.)

@Dudedude, In RoG dapperness is a property of the equippable component. Check any equippable with dapperness, for example, beargervest:

inst.components.equippable.dapperness = TUNING.DAPPERNESS_MED_LARGE

This is the character himself that has the sanity loss, not an item. Putting the equippable bit caused him to crash.

No, the issue is not because of the health. When I (or my peeps) actually killed him, we were almost at the verge of insanity. But with this update, the drain is even more than usual for some reason, and he was nowhere near dead at all at the point of insanity, forcing us to attack the shadow creatures while trying to run off from deerclops (its attack don't hurt shadow creatures.)

Well in my experience its sanity draining aura didn't change much from before. I always used full-powered Wolfgang to beat it down and it always ended up near ~30 sanity if no jerky consumed, when ~100 sanity if several jerkies consumed. No other colleagues for fighting with him.

Not sure if this a bug, but I have discovered there is a way to murder someone in a non-PvP server.  I was checking in on my server, just bamfing around from firepit to firepit in godmode to see how the players were doing, how things were progressing, when I walked into the following combo:

Be winter, take one pan-flute, one flingomatic, and some fire.  Use the pan-flute to knock out your target.  Build a fire near it.  Watch the flingomatic put out the fire, which makes your target wet.  Repeat a few times while the target naps.  Once the target is fully wet they will freeze to death.

Note, even in godmode this is very nerve-wracking to have done -- you do get fully wet, and you get the freezing and insane animations and screen overlay, of course you don't lose actual health/sanity/hunger due to the godmode but many hours of dying in this game make the symbols of it spooky.

On deeper thought I believe this can simplified down to two steps.

1.  Use pan-flute to put someone to sleep.

2.  Put things down next to them and set those things on fire, let the fire kill the player.

And that isn't really a ROG thing, so I'm not entirely sure this is the place to bring this up.  But I didn't run across it until a flingomatic was used as part of it, so my initial thought was to bring it up here.

Anyhow, not sure if it's intended, but even if it is intended I intend to ban anyone who murders someone on my non-PvP server, regardless of method.

Archived