Corrupt Memories

Fidooop

post-306905-0-72559000-1424314243_thumb.

Hello, my name is Fidooop and I am the head of the Markimod Collab Team and we are creating a new mod by the name of Corrupt Memories! This mod is going to be a HUGE collaboration and full conversion mod to the game that will add a GIGANTIC adventure mode for Markiplier to go through and he will face MANY things he's faced before! it will have a great story and many jumpscares and even have cutscenes and voice acting from the likes of Muyskerm, LordMinion777, and JackSepticEye! (we are trying to see if Yamimash and Markiplier will also voice act)

We are in need of programmers, artists, animators, and musicians! If you are able to do any of this and want to help out please leave a comment in the post!

This thread will be constantly updated as new content is added and new problems arise that need help with! check in frequently to see what you can help with!

PROGRESS!:

Main menu is complete! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398491996

some lovely music has been composed!

("A Duel with Darkness" by Erik Debawse)

Current problem(s):

if you look at the buttons in the screenshot of the main menu you'll notice there's New Game and Resume! I want a save file that can't be accessed from normal Don't Starve unless you use hacks or something... I want New Game to start a new world in this save file overwriting the save if 1 exists! I want Resume game to resume obviously but start a new world if the save file is empty! no character select... no world generation... I just want it to choose Markiplier and throw you in there! any code help to teach me how to do this would be much appreciated! C:

Hey, just curious but what kind of art is needed?

You mentioned you needed a new interface design, but are you talking about new / updated characters, monsters and mobs, machines, items, maps, etc? I just wanted to get a scale of how big of a project this is.

Also, what a great idea. Good luck!

Attention granted! \(°-°)/

Also, I could probably help with some programming... Probably...

thanks for the attention but from the looks of it you are a bit busy with some other projects and are still learning alot of pretty basic stuff compared to what this mod is in need of! so I'll sadly have to decline... :(

thanks for the attention but from the looks of it you are a bit busy with some other projects and are still learning alot of pretty basic stuff compared to what this mod is in need of! so I'll sadly have to decline... :(

Alright then...

;-;

BUMPITTY BUMP BUMP BUMP! just a wee lil bump I REALLY wanna get this thing goin! let's get some good world gen knowledgable programmers up in here! :grin:

They're all the way up in the Cloud Realm and all the way down in dwarven hell,

(that's U&A and HitD) as far as I can tell.

I assume the only difficult part about a new level (the one you can't just copy-paste :p) is linking back and forth properly. Tasks and rooms are rather easy.

Have you considered using a custom campaign similar to the test campaign option for up and away to initiate the story or similarly integrate it as a seperate alternate worl map triggered by an npc or item in the players inventory upon starting up?

Also for the save issue a temporary solution could be a custom save management similar to the compromising survival mod which would remove the need for the save function to be altered for the mod its self. that one just presents a context asking if you want to revert to the last save or let your self die if you get killed with no alter active so if players wanted to have CM active but play a save on a normal character without it impacting the experience they'd only have to select to let themselves die as normal.

Not sure my descripyion here is adequate for my meaning. It's just a couple thoughts that might help you implement this with less chance of game breaking bugs occuring until everything is further along.

Archived