Woodie would keep his inventory when transforming.

Maybe they could just implement something that would make other players unable to pick up his dropped items for a set amount of time whenever he drops them due to the full moon?

But maybe dropping his items and having them be at a risk of getting stolen is just another aspect of DST gameplay. It would be another factor to consider when you're trying to survive.

The thing about woodie is he really doesn't need "stuff" to survive. He can simply turn into werebeaver form and survive indefinitely by eating trees.  Dropping your inventory complements this playstyle.  

He's probably going to be extremely strong for PvP, dropping your inventory is the trade-off for that power. 

If you're worried about people taking your items, stash your stuff somewhere out of the way before transforming.

Oooh but...does this mean other Woodies can pick up each other's sacks? 

That would be interesting

I'd pay to see that.

Also, might as well throw my hat into this ring, when Woodie does get added into the game, it'd be best if Woodie could only transform on a full moon, instead of by also chopping lots of trees, just to be fair. I'm pretty sure all the servers would go to chaos if we just let a bunch of crazy werebeavers run around and maul each other and everything else in the area. And, I mean, come on, you don't see someone with a werewolf curse turn into a werewolf be eating too much meat, right?

Another nice thing to add to this would be if they made Woodie announce when you enter a day with a full moon appearing that night. Say, you decide not to pay attention to the moon cycle (if you're like me), or you've just entered a new server, Woodie would say something like: "Looks like a full moon'll be out tonight..." so you'll know you'll need to stock supplies and run off to a secluded part of the area to keep your items safe, or to just let your party know that it's wacky werebeaver time.

I'd pay to see that.

Also, might as well throw my hat into this ring, when Woodie does get added into the game, it'd be best if Woodie could only transform on a full moon, instead of by also chopping lots of trees, just to be fair. I'm pretty sure all the servers would go to chaos if we just let a bunch of crazy werebeavers run around and maul each other and everything else in the area. And, I mean, come on, you don't see someone with a werewolf curse turn into a werewolf be eating too much meat, right?

Another nice thing to add to this would be if they made Woodie announce when you enter a day with a full moon appearing that night. Say, you decide not to pay attention to the moon cycle (if you're like me), or you've just entered a new server, Woodie would say something like: "Looks like a full moon'll be out tonight..." so you'll know you'll need to stock supplies and run off to a secluded part of the area to keep your items safe, or to just let your party know that it's wacky werebeaver time.

Would be good a invention in the science tab for check the moon phase

Would be good a invention in the science tab for check the moon phase

That's a pretty good idea for the Ancient craft item for knowing cave nightmare phase perhaps? We could re purpose it to tell the moon phase if it's going to become unused?

That's a pretty good idea for the Ancient craft item for knowing cave nightmare phase perhaps? We could re purpose it to tell the moon phase if it's going to become unused?

Yeah, something like the medallion or a machine like rainometer or thermal measurer but for moon phases.

also i don't understanded the last question.

Why make the solution so elaborated?

They could make it so that no one can pick up Lucy because when he tries, if it's not the Woodie that dropped it, Lucy would say something like "Let me go!" and be dropped again in the same fashion as frogs drop your items from your inventory with their attack.

They could make it so that no one can pick up Lucy because when he tries, if it's not the Woodie that dropped it, Lucy would say something like "Let me go!" and be dropped again in the same fashion as frogs drop your items from your inventory with their attack.

That's a good idea for no one can pick up her

I like imagining the character saying "wtf!?" in response and dropping her immediately like they've been burned :D

I think this is all just part of playing him and dealing with his downside. Werebeaver is hella powerful, so his downsides are pretty acutely severe to balance this. If you know it's the full moon, preparing is part of the whole deal.
  Of course, you could join a server and not know the moon phase. This is also part of the strategy. If you're worried about other players, just hide from them for the first night or so until you can figure out the deal. 

I don't think anything needs to change once they implement him. I'm excited :D 

ALSO THIS IS REALLY CUTE. I like this idea. 

I do hope something like this is implemented ahha. 

I think everything would be fine with that idea of the Lumberjack Sack.

Though personally... out of anything you could possibly drop... only one item really matters...

And... if people decide to take your things... just eat all of their belongings. Vengeance is best served delicious.

"You are lucky! Full moon tonight."

NetHack Reference!

I think this is all just part of playing him and dealing with his downside. Werebeaver is hella powerful, so his downsides are pretty acutely severe to balance this. If you know it's the full moon, preparing is part of the whole deal.   Of course, you could join a server and not know the moon phase. This is also part of the strategy. If you're worried about other players, just hide from them for the first night or so until you can figure out the deal.   I don't think anything needs to change once they implement him. I'm excited  

Well, he's got a point... but the penalties of having drop all your stuff and others get to steal them is kinda steep for just the transformation to werebeaver thing...

We could just make his werebeaver form more powerful... an extreme pro for an extreme con... 

If I'm honest I have a few ideas for Woodie in DST;

• Chopping trees would still cause a transformation but with either a longer timeset or possibly bigger risk involved(this mostly to deal with greifers who I can see abusing his form right off the bat)
  • Label him as a monster when he's a beaver which would make it possible to attack him(another way to get greifers down if possible)
  • If the player goes afk, or if it's night time, when they turn back they can stay asleep and be made invincible during that period. This would not do anything for stats, keeping them at the 50 slate, but would keep you from dying while laying there, whether from cold or attackers. As soon as awoken though he would be vulnerable again.
  • Lucy would be dropped or cause sanity drain on anyone else picking her up but HER Woodie
  • His items would be dropped on transformation, labeled as a monster the possibility of being able to guard your items could be there with attacking  people or doing something similar to the RoG giants where they roar and make you drop whatever's in your hand
  • Make it so he can go diving for fish with the same probabilities of the fishing rod

Haha, I've actually had an idea for late game Woodie play ages ago, where you could possibly make an amulet to TEMPORARILY stop the transformations. The downside being it would be expensive and cost you a great deal of sanity to keep it from happening, and if removed at a bad time(in the chopping high or middle of full moon) could force a transformation.

just my 2 cents

Archived