Hotfix 121911 - 12/22/2014

JoeW

121911 - 12/22/2014

Changes

• New UI! Too many changes to list, but the UI overhaul changed the aesthetic and was generally focused on improving navigation
  • Inspecting players and skeletons now shows their user name
  • Passwords are now hidden while you are entering them (added an option to the settings menu to enable showing them, as well)
  • Save filters between sessions (reset filters button is part of the UI update)
  • Make the world reset countdown timer a HUD element, which allows players to hunt for a method of resurrection while it ticks down (also increased the timer duration to go along with this)

Bug Fixes

• Tweaked server listing code to reduce traffic in high use scenarios
  • Fixed rare crash when feeding players
  • Fixed bug where items in inventory could be set on fire
  • Mining lantern light can be seen by all players now
  • Reduce mass of creature ghosts so that they can’t pin players in corners.
  • Creature ghosts no longer use Wigfrid’s build
  • Fixed issues with joining or hosting games on systems with unicode characters in their filepath (this is the "SaveIndex:GetSaveData: Load failed" crash)

I really like the artistic style of the UI-- It's really nice. However, the color contrast is really stark and the colors don't feel like they go with the game. I dunno, just my opinion. Also the Server list used to be transparent and nice; now it's almost opaque. Again, just my opinion

Also, the lighting stuff in your inventory was fun for pvp. Giving someone a burning board was priceless. I guess it was kinda cheap though as well. I know that and force-feeding and this are not-so-noob friendly, and I can only hope that better things will come in the future, but it's all about the progression of the game, as an alpha/beta. Thanks for the update Klei, keep doin' whatchya do

• New UI! Too many changes to list, but the UI overhaul changed the aesthetic and was generally focused on improving navigation
  • Fixed bug where items in inventory could be set on fire

RE: the new UI.

I appreciate the improved design, much more user-friendly in terms of layout and navigation. I liked the aesthetics previously though, as far as more colors and visual-pop. It feels a little... sterile now. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally fine with monotone IRL, you should see my closet. I just feel like it lacks appeal with all the gray-and-black.

RE: inventory items set on fire.

I understand the change overall, and I don't disagree personally since I play cooperatively. But is there a chance that it could be available on PvP servers only?

I'm not a PvP player at all, but I watch PvP-specific streamers sometimes... it's fun to see how people who play completely unlike me experience the game. Disabling stuff like this globally, things that have been considered bugs, are actually major strategies for those type of servers. While co-op does seems to be the main focus of Together, PvP is a style y'all implemented in the game. I don't know the difficulty of it, but could this sort of thing be allowed in code for PvP-only, and completely disabled for non-PvP?

• Developer

@greenhipsta, Hey! It sounds like you have a different issue.  I posted in the original thread asking for more information from you.   I'll try to get it sorted for you asap, but any information you can provide will help.

Please reply directly in the thread about this issue.

• Developer

is it possible to has an option to revert back to old ui? (i'm kind of get used to it and like it more than the new one)

Nope! Part of the reason we did this was to make it feel different--DST is a new experience and we wanted the UI to reflect that. The rest of the reason was that the old UI was... lacking in several respects. You'll get used to it :)

I like the new UI, but can you guys add the in-game music already? That's the main thing I don't like about DST right now.

It's on the shortlist, but isn't super straightforward. Hopefully early in the new year!

Nope! Part of the reason we did this was to make it feel different--DST is a new experience and we wanted the UI to reflect that. The rest of the reason was that the old UI was... lacking in several respects. You'll get used to it :-)

It's on the shortlist, but isn't super straightforward. Hopefully early in the new year!

at least please bring the burning house on willow character selection back..

missing background: http://snag.gy/AUuD1.jpg

the old one: http://snag.gy/EwVLZ.jpg

ps. i feel like the new UI is a bit cheap.. (like a paper with thick edge or something, which i can see on the browser game. especially the scroll bar) and i don't like the idea of sepia tone (it feel.. depressed i guess. i'm not sure how to put it into a word)

• Fixed issues with joining or hosting games on systems with unicode characters in their filepath (this is the "SaveIndex:GetSaveData: Load failed" crash)

execuse me ,may i ask if it means dst support unicode now?

i check it and find filepath still under [username]

Archived