Only 16 days left of key distibution and I haven't got my two keys yet!

Either I'm going to get them very late or I won't get them at all! I told JoeW that I got a key from someone already but that I also applied for beta and asked him if I'll still get my two keys. He said that they do not check whether someone has or has not got a key already before distributing them. Me sending that message might have made all the difference. I might have got a key from someone but I still want my two other keys! I got friends in the town I live in who I want to play DST with as well you know! I did apply to the beta so I have all the rights to get two more keys.

Wat? So 16 days later there won't be any keys given out? That's teh end?

From what i can gather the initial 80k sign ups are all guaranteed a key i got mine 2 days ago. After that its a $5 buy-in fee which lets face it still isn't much for 2 keys... but i think invite phase will then be closed because you can buy into it so it will be in semi-open beta if you don't want to pay then wait until Q1 2015 when its free for anyone who owns DS but for the OP you will be given your beta key before the phase is over you still have 16 DAYS left that's still a while there probably sending 100's of keys a day but the distribution system can only handle so much

Don't worry just be patient they said everyone who signed up is guaranteed a key :-)

Either I'm going to get them very late or I won't get them at all! I told JoeW that I got a key from someone already but that I also applied for beta and asked him if I'll still get my two keys. He said that they do not check whether someone has or has not got a key already before distributing them. Me sending that message might have made all the difference. I might have got a key from someone but I still want my two other keys! I got friends in the town I live in who I want to play DST with as well you know! I did apply to the beta so I have all the rights to get two more keys.

I highly doubt they'd go through aaallll the beta aplications and nitpick for your forumn name or email or whatever and say "oh, yep, thats the one dude who already has da key, none 4 him" cuz that would be so rude. Pretty sure anyone and everyone who signed up for beta is getting keys, since they generated , wut, 2 million (2,000,000,000) ? and only 80,000 people signed up. It would seem that they have more than enough keys to go around (I think the extras are going to the Frontier Packs though.) Knowing my luck, I'll probably get a key smack dab on the last day of key distribution (or if I somehow managed to spell my email wrong, none, but I beleive that I checked that my email was spelt correctly 50 million times before I sent my beta key application so yeah thats most likely just me being paranoid :flustered: )

Calm down. Even if you don't get keys you can buy the Frontier Pack. You're still going to be contributing to Klei. I'd prefer to pay money towards a developer if they gave me beta access, especially if it's $5 or less.

Now here I agree with SillyWilson but you, my friend... You have no idea what you're talking about. Since SillyWilson hasn't got keys either, I'm assuming mine will be coming late as well. But if I don't get my keys I'm not buying no frontier pack, because I applied for beta and should have had my keys for free (if that happens). So really, I don't get your point, Pyromailman.

Everyone who applied will get keys.

They want everyone who applied to get their keys before they start selling them on steam. I think that's why they did not confirm to start selling them at that date and it's only a "target" date that they are shooting for.

Currently, we aim for that to be in mid-December, but we’ll need to play it by ear to make sure our game is in a solid state.

I'm sure at Dec. 15, There will be an update saying either they still need to send a few more out, or that everyone should have their keys sent to them (so if you did not receive keys in your email, when they say they sent them all out, I would suggest emailing them your information.)

I also feel the Frontier pack is just an avenue for people who are impatient and to stop people from doing "Silly" things.

I still believe there could be giveaways and ways to obtain them from free. That's just my thinking of course. :)

Xirmix, you have access to Don't Starve Together and you're complaining you haven't recieved keys through the mail. You need to stop spamming up these forums with your pointless complaints. If I was the only one dealing with em that'd be cool, but you're wasting everyone else's time as well.

What about people who are pretty sure they applied but can't remember.. is there a way we can tell?

I know I applied. So...

Xirmix, you have access to Don't Starve Together and you're complaining you haven't recieved keys through the mail. You need to stop spamming up these forums with your pointless complaints. If I was the only one dealing with em that'd be cool, but you're wasting everyone else's time as well.

Thanks to SillyWilson I'm okay now. So?

Hi I joined during early beta but I wasn't given a way to apply for beta access, I purchased 4 keys back in the day.

Hi I joined during early beta but I wasn't given a way to apply for beta access, I purchased 4 keys back in the day.

In the run up to the holiday season, we’ve decided to open up the Beta to everyone who signed up for our initial Beta test. Between today and December 15, 2014, we will be sending invites to everyone in the initial batch of beta signups. That equates to about 65,000 people, each of whom will get 2 keys.

The best course of action I suggest you do is wait patiently, like 100% more effort. Many people tried to get into beta but to no avail, Be fortunate you even have a key, cause I know there is like 30,000 people who would give half their soul for a key. So your best option is to wait, if it makes you feel better, I got my 2 keys the day they went back to giving 2, and I had activated a key 1 week prior to that, So I can assure you will have you're key by the 14-15th :-)         :juggling:  :happypigs:

The fact that that we are not done sending out keys yet, means there are still people who haven't got their keys. There will continue to be some people who haven't got their keys yet.... until all the keys have been sent out.

Archived