Build 115739 Patch Notes - 11/5/2014

SethR

• Developer

Not too much here, just wanted to fill everyone in quickly:

- Improve support for controllers with Big Picture Mode: the game will now detect whether or not you have a controller attached when you launch and ask if you want to enable or disable the controller.

- Add image notifying of Beefalo plush being on sale to main screen.

To be absolutely clear: this is just a couple quick updates for the main game of Don't Starve (and Reign of Giants) only. The update for Don't Starve Together is coming later today. There is, honest to god, nothing more to this patch that what I've written above.

To be absolutely clear: this is just a couple quick updates for the main game of Don't Starve (and Reign of Giants) only. The update for Don't Starve Together is coming later today. There is, honest to god, nothing more to this patch that what I've written above.

Hmmmm Suspiiciiiouuusss

He said "honest to god", so you better not have shoved in some DST riddles into singleplayer. Even if you hadn't said that, you better not have.

That beefalo is creepy btw.

What if he's atheist? Then that means there is more! 

Twigs.pngTwigs.pngFlint.pngFlint.png

---

There you go! Now assemble it yourself and DIG LADS! DIG

I've got the data and bin folders of both versions (steam). I'm not sure how I could compare them automatically, but the download was (probably compressed) only 1,6MB.

EDIT: So far, I'm comparing file sizes. Bin didn't change at all, as expected. Data did, as expected. Let's see if there is anything dubious!

EDIT2: In Data, only Images and Scripts grew in size. Images only grew in DST_fepanels (beefalo plush panel), but .TEX files only change file size with texture size, so there may be a hidden bit. I will not look through all of the images. Let's check Scripts!

EDIT3: Scripts isn't actually any different in size. Conclusion: I'm a big dum-dum! There you have it, folks. All of that braincracking finally pays off.

It just seems unreasonable to add riddles into singleplayer when the whole puzzle is from a multiplayer video...

EDIT4: Everything is betraying me! There seems to be a portal_home and portal_level now. How'd they ninjay that in?!

It appears no secrets are implied in said files

Are our settings supposed to reset with patches?

It's pretty damn frustrating as changing them (resolution, refresh rate) ingame doesn't even update the client, let alone save.

The game opens on my second monitor, the only game I've ever tried to play that opens on my second monitor by default.

The only time I can get it to save my settings is when I change it to my primary monitor, but once it's over there everything else I do from then on isn't saved.  Basically, I have to edit the settings .ini if I want to change anything relating to system settings.  The other options seems to stick.

- Improve support for controllers with Big Picture Mode: the game will now detect whether or not you have a controller attached when you launch and ask if you want to enable or disable the controller.

This is actually pretty nice. Some games just disable the keyboard by default when the controller is plugged and it's kind of annoying.

Archived