Early Access Update 4: Live Assets - Patch Notes

You can buy extra inventory slots. That's what I did. Sure, it makes stealing artifacts less profitable (because you need to buy more slots or have more agents to begin with), but other than that it's manageable.

Yeah, obviously. I am talking first couple missions. You know, when you don't have money and opportunity to buy stuff yet. You can't get to artifacts on those yet. Because you need to get and carry a separate key now, remember?

I don't really see any reason to argue over this, considering you start with just as many inventory slots now as you did before. Previously Internationale and Banks had 3 slots, now they have 4, one occupied by the augment showing their special ability, rest with their usual stuff.

For prisoners, you only get money after the mission. And from safes, it is often just not enough to upgrade the inventory during mission 1 (unless you sacrifice lots of other stuff), and sometimes, during mission 2, at least, at the start. Essentially, this means you have to shuffle items, drop something and backtrack.

Edit: "Something", given the aug slots, is not a large choice, either. Usually, you have at most one droppable item as well -- stunner.

Picking Banks now becomes essentially too big a bonus to start game -- no need to carry the keycard and a boost to Anarchy gets more money available.

I don't really see any reason to argue over this, considering you start with just as many inventory slots now as you did before. Previously Internationale and Banks had 3 slots, now they have 4, one occupied by the augment showing their special ability, rest with their usual stuff.

Hm. I started a few games and Deckard has 3 slots every time. Is it something with my system?

For prisoners, you only get money after the mission. And from safes, it is often just not enough to upgrade the inventory during mission 1 (unless you sacrifice lots of other stuff), and sometimes, during mission 2, at least, at the start. Essentially, this means you have to shuffle items, drop something and backtrack.

You don't need to upgrade inventory on mission 1 (unless you do a Vault mission and happen to find artifacts, instead of deposit boxes), because you can only upgrade an agent after the mission. That's what I did with my team consisting of Deckard and Shalem. I agreethat Banks let you use security doors without a pass card (freeing one slot), but I think you're overthinking the importance of a single slot.

Deckard has 3 slots for items and 1 free. Same as Banks. Shalem has 5 total, so he has 2 free. Internationale has 2 taken and 2 free.

You don't need to upgrade inventory on mission 1 (unless you do a Vault mission and happen to find artifacts, instead of deposit boxes), because you can only upgrade an agent after the mission. That's what I did with my team consisting of Deckard and Shalem. I agreethat Banks let you use security doors without a pass card (freeing one slot), but I think you're overthinking the importance of a single slot.

Deckard has 3 slots for items and 1 free. Same as Banks. Shalem has 5 total, so he has 2 free. Internationale has 2 taken and 2 free.

No, in my case, Deckard had 3 slots total -- all used -- the aug (+1 move), the stunner and the cloaking rig. No empty slots.

No, in my case, Deckard had 3 slots total -- all used -- the aug (+1 move), the stunner and the cloaking rig. No empty slots.

You still running a game from the previous build? Just started a game with Deckard, and he has 4 total slots, 3 occupied, one free.

So I just ran into a bug on the "Find the Mole" mission where there was no mole, well the unit was there, but the game didn't register the unit as the mole. So I was kind of stuck in the level.

Ah, so it wasn't just me. I was going crazy last night wondering where that mole was. I had the entire map explored and either didn't find the mole (either that or it didn't register).

Terminals have been changed a bit I see. I got a Terminal that was worth 7 Power just now. Highest I've seen before was 4.

Played a bit with Xu and I think he's a bit underwhelming. I guess he probably shines on missions with drones though. Did not have time to unlock the other agent just yet.

Server Farms are great now. And not just because of Shopcat :D

I do think Wings needs a tooltip update, currently says it's a toggle for 1 extra AP for your agents. It's actually a 2 turn cooldown for 2 extra AP for your agents that turn. Still quite powerful.

Cybernatics Lab – Agents randomly hoping for a upgrade and fainting after, quite liked this one, but adding the augments as items slots is a killer in a serious run if you can’t remove them. The gamble dice roll I like, but in item slots are a problem.

Give Augments A Separate Slot – Suggestion, Create a new upgradable slot on the agents called ‘Constitution’ (can agent support such a vast bodily change). It can be upgraded like the ‘Stealth’, ‘Hack’, ‘Items’ features but is designed JUST for these mods, freeing the item build up problem.

Parasite – Perfect, I feel this is as I hoped it would work out and is an ideal program to have as a starter now! Nailed it. (just update text on its new changes)

-- Bugs --

Non resupplied Agent – Bug, As mentioned, a rescued agent in mission, doesn’t re-supply them. I partly like this too… does seem like a nice tweek for the extra challenge, but an option or on a harder mode maybe a nice option for this.

Xu Hi-Jack Failure – Bug, Tried out new agent to see what the ability way, on a super nano-fab mission machine, but after attempting to hi-jack it (which worked in animation) it failed to give me access to the shop. Maybe other cases of this, worth a mention.

Camera Drone Position – Bug, Parasited a drone, guard spotted agents, guard ran into drones position, drone didn’t come under control on turn when it should have and sat in guards chest cavity. Guard broke laws of mass, matter and space and broke little bit of my heart… ^_^

But all in all this is a REALLY stella update, so thanks for all the hard work!

Also, I have to know, is the guard spawning daemon supposed to spawn a guard every turn? I triggered one and ended up with ~16 elite guards head hunting, needless to say my run didn't make it past that point.

Xu Hi-Jack Failure – Bug, Tried out new agent to see what the ability way, on a super nano-fab mission machine, but after attempting to hi-jack it (which worked in animation) it failed to give me access to the shop. Maybe other cases of this, worth a mention.

I think this is intentional, Xu's ability disables devices for a turn so you can't use them. Also kills drones permanently.

Had this bug as well. Tried to use his ability with a super nano-fab, the animation played but I had no access.

By the way, is it still possible to take implants from dead agents? It was actually worthwhile at some point to kill your agent and distribute implants but now the one-time-revive probably would make that kinda costly.

This is a really great update except one thing. After being rescued the agents no longer get their special gear back (which I was hoping was a bug, but isn't). Shalem doesn't have his rifle, Banks her paralyzer, or Deckard his cloaking rig. Not only is rescuing agent not as rewarding, but these agents are now helpless in a fight without a melee weapon. I like the idea that they don't have their gear in their cells, but there should be a lockup that you have to break into and get their gear back. Like a separate room that contains the captured agent's gear in detention missions. I mean seriously what use is Shalem without his rifle?

I mean seriously what use is Shalem without his rifle?

He's an extra agent nevertheless, you can re-equip him afterwards and he can still explore, even without any gear.

Perhaps the problem is not that the agent doesn't get his gear back (which makes a whole lot of sense, narratively speaking), but that there needs to be more mechanisms that allow to replenish an agent's inventory? I think Monst3r should have more gear to sell, like maybe always have lower-tier equipment like junker pistol and neural disrupter 1.

I also think we need a crapload more items to build upon. Go design team go!

Archived