I've had this idea for awhile and I kept forgetting to actually post it here instead of offhandedly mentioning it in Streams or on Skype. It's a simple little thing, really.

I think we should be able to make tea by using Ice Cubes + Flower Petals + Berries OR Honey in the crockpot! I keep getting questioned about the Ice Cubes and it's for the water. ;) Perhaps there could be two varieties, Honey for Warming Tea and Berries for Iced. It wouldn't give you much hunger back, but it would be better for sanity as it's usually associated with being soothing. 

So in short, it will warm you in a pinch and soothe those frayed nerves you no doubtedly have. 

What do you think? 

I've had this idea for awhile and I kept forgetting to actually post it here instead of offhandedly mentioning it in Streams or on Skype. It's a simple little thing, really.

I think we should be able to make tea by using Ice Cubes + Flower Petals + Berries OR Honey in the crockpot! I keep getting questioned about the Ice Cubes and it's for the water. ;) Perhaps there could be two varieties, Honey for Warming Tea and Berries for Iced. It wouldn't give you much hunger back, but it would be better for sanity as it's usually associated with being soothing. 

So in short, it will warm you in a pinch and soothe those frayed nerves you no doubtedly have. 

What do you think? 

That actually sounds like a great idea, I could probably throw together a mod of that, if you wanted me to.

I could also probably do a custom character animation for drinking the tea, (Since that is now possible) instead of reusing the beefalo horn animation. 

This might be a bit much, but maybe each growable crop could be used to make a unique tea with its own special effect? Pomegranate tea, dragonfruit tea.. corn tea.

Okay, maybe not corn tea. But having a select couple of crops used to make tea would be nice.

Would you like to add me on steam and we could work together on it. You seem pretty cool. :-)

Sure! 

@23rd

Not a bad idea! Maybe kind of like mushrooms, you can make teas for what ails you. Cooling tea, warming tea, sani-tea, or healing tea, depending on what you put in it. 

Corn Tea gives your character +2 move speed for 5 ticks of a day but they get burned out because you have accidentally made some sort of confangled SODA POP so they pass out as soon as it wears off. 

What do you think? 

Awesome idea, dude. But something bothers me.

Adding your tea idea also means, being able to use petals in the crockpot. Don't you think it would be an op filler? You find flowers everywhere, as long as you don't pick it it doesn't spoil, easely renewable through butterflies, and spring, etc.

Awesome idea, dude. But something bothers me.

Adding your tea idea also means, being able to use petals in the crockpot. Don't you think it would be an op filler? You find flowers everywhere, as long as you don't pick it it doesn't spoil, easely renewable through butterflies, and spring, etc.

Good point, maybe like sticks, you should only be able to use one in there. Any more than that and you won't get anything other than goop.

Just so you guys know, corn tea is totally a thing.  I had it several times when I lived in Korea.  It... wasn't awful.  Maybe a bit odd to me at first, but very drinkable.

Anyways... yeah, I think that tea should very much be in the game.  Maxwell's British, right?  Probably some of those flowers are from tea plants then.  Makes perfect sense.

Another idea is to craft tea through the food tab and not with crockpot. What do you think about it?

Maybe, but I figured the crockpot since you don't usually craft edibles right away. But maybe a tea maker with separate recipes would be a thing so flower petals couldn't be used as crockpot filler.

This discussion is taking an interesting turn... making tea with a kettle to keep you warm. Where have I heard that before? In this contrast as well... But we need it soo bad!

Alternatively, petals could force tea or wet goop. (That's what ice should do if it is used more than once, too. Hound meat already forces lasange when used twice)

EDIT: By "force tea or wet goop" I meant - technically - to set petals to foodtype "TEA" and then do the thing like hound meat, with "gross tea" or something. The tea recipes would then require one ingredient of the type "TEA".

Archived