No official server?

Hello,

I've tried Together and I realy like the UI but it's pretty hard to find a server to play. Either the servers are protected by a password or the servers stay tune only a few minutes (in the case it's a players hosted server).

I know it's a early version but what are your plans Klei? Will have some official permanent servers?

Last question : is it possible with this version to host a game on a private server? If yes, how I can do?

Thanks ! :)

Hello,

I've tried Together and I realy like the UI but it's pretty hard to find a server to play. Either the servers are protected by a password or the servers stay tune only a few minutes (in the case it's a players hosted server).

I know it's a early version but what are your plans Klei? Will have some official permanent servers?

Last question : is it possible with this version to host a game on a private server? If yes, how I can do?

Thanks ! :-)

Password-protection is the way to make servers private, I think. At the top-left of the server list is the host button, so you can host your own server. Chances are there are some other players looking for an open server, so you'll probably find people to play with by hosting your own publicly. :)

Hello,

Thanks ! :-)

Well, I get your issue but there wouldn't be many people on a Klei server if they had a few currently. They should just at least have I'd a 2 Klei Servers up and let the rest be hosted by Server hosting companies who handle this sort of deal.

Well, I get your issue but there wouldn't be many people on a Klei server if they had a few currently. They should just at least have I'd a 2 Klei Servers up and let the rest be hosted by Server hosting companies who handle this sort of deal.

There are actually three dedicated servers named by location, which appear to support 64 players but are all password-protected. Not sure what's up with them.

Last time I checked making a server isn't as easy as just clicking a button. Is there any port forwarding? If so, what ports?

A non dedicated server is as simple as starting a single player world. I have fought terraria and minecraft (minecraft keeps winning, they should be ashamed of the terrible mod support) to get people playing on my world. DST, however, is just a few extra clicks before it is ready for players.

Last time I checked making a server isn't as easy as just clicking a button. Is there any port forwarding? If so, what ports?

Right now it's basically clicking a button. Come dedicated servers, it might not be, but I'm not sure. I had to forward ports for a Terraria server, but I'm guessing the same thing isn't required for DST because it's connecting to a Klei or Steam server that can work out the routing for you.

I do see a "telnet.lua" in the game files, so if there were ports to forward, I'd guess port 23.

Edit: @MrNaxeros I'm pretty sure we won't need to forward ports, since we don't need to right now.

Right now it's basically clicking a button. Come dedicated servers, it might not be, but I'm not sure. I had to forward ports for a Terraria server, but I'm guessing the same thing isn't required for DST because it's connecting to a Klei or Steam server that can work out the routing for you.

I do see a "telnet.lua" in the game files, so if there were ports to forward, I'd guess port 23.

I REALLY hope port forwarding won't be needed. I tried my best with it and yet my router doesn't listen to me and never forwards any ports. I can only host in games with peer to peer feature or however it's called.

Seriously don't make us use port forwarding, PLEASE!

I REALLY hope port forwarding won't be needed. I tried my best with it and yet my router doesn't listen to me and never forwards any ports. I can only host in games with peer to peer feature or however it's called.

Seriously don't make us use port forwarding, PLEASE!

Edit: @MrNaxeros I'm pretty sure we won't need to forward ports, since we don't need to right now.

Alrighty, thanks for the help guys! I got it to work.

Archived