Remake Waxwell?

One of his main perks are that he gets at the start of the game 2 nightmare fuel, dark sword and dark armor now thats nice and cool and all but when it comes to multiplayer we come to a situation where in pvp its just way too strong and in survival its allmost useless in the long run (compared yo what most other characters provide)

What do you think?

he has 75 HP... without armor he die from 1 or 2 hits. And I think pvp itself should have another design... I mean 2 or 4 or 5 different islands where players spawn in a random spawn and a portal between worlds, like you can use that portal only in full moon,blood moon or another new idea... and when you spawn in enemy territory you spawn in a random non-populated spot and unexplored because if is a static exit you can spam spiders or pigs and it's not fun. All birds could fly away scared by new invaders or another idea, nature should respond in some way when you get invaded.

in this way every player gets time to settle... or if you afraid from Maxwell you just take another guy with you and hunt him down.

he has 75 HP... without armor he die from 1 or 2 hits. And I think pvp itself should have another design... I mean 2 or 4 or 5 different islands where players spawn in a random spawn and a portal between worlds, like you can use that portal only in full moon,blood moon or another new idea... and when you spawn in enemy territory you spawn in a random non-populated spot and unexplored because if is a static exit you can spam spiders or pigs and it's not fun. All birds could fly away scared by new invaders or another idea, nature should respond in some way when you get invaded.

in this way every player gets time to settle... or if you afraid from Maxwell you just take another guy with you and hunt him down.

The idea is good and the gyt who gets invaded should get his portal destroyed for the specufic fullmoon or until the invader wins/dies

But thats offtopic as I said, for pve his items are useless for the group and in pvp hes just way too overpowered..

Just go Wigfrid and you can chew up Maxwell and spit him out in seconds.

Well , having one counter (that pribably needs nerfs too when we think of it) doesnt mean that hes balanced... people who play wilson should have their chances..

Just go Wigfrid and you can chew up Maxwell and spit him out in seconds.

Assuming the current balance in the main game, Maxwell would actually have the edge over Wigfrid. Math time.

Night Armor absorbs 95% damage. Wigfrids spear, plus her damage modifier is 52 damage. So do the math and Wigfrid would do a whopping 3 damage to Maxwell with his Night Armor on. Maxwell's Dark Sword does 68, do the math and he would do 14 damage to Wigfrid if she had her helmet on. It would also take Maxwell less hits to kill Wigfrid. Wigfrid would have to hit Maxwell 25 times to kill from full health, and Maxwell would only need to hit 15 times. Maxwell can also potentially spawn up to 3 shadow puppets as a distraction or 3 additional things hitting Wigfrid.

So under the current game balance, Maxwell is pretty much the best melee fighting character until his gear runs out.

don't know if you noticed, but they've already stated multiple times they're going to be re-balancing the characters...

Honestly I think PvP should be balanced outside of survival itself, I really don't want to see the overall playstyle of characters changed because they would be to powerful in PvP.

Assuming the current balance in the main game, Maxwell would actually have the edge over Wigfrid. Math time.

Night Armor absorbs 95% damage. Wigfrids spear, plus her damage modifier is 52 damage. So do the math and Wigfrid would do a whopping 3 damage to Maxwell with his Night Armor on. Maxwell's Dark Sword does 68, do the math and he would do 14 damage to Wigfrid if she had her helmet on. It would also take Maxwell less hits to kill Wigfrid. Wigfrid would have to hit Maxwell 25 times to kill from full health, and Maxwell would only need to hit 15 times. Maxwell can also potentially spawn up to 3 shadow puppets as a distraction or 3 additional things hitting Wigfrid.

So under the current game balance, Maxwell is pretty much the best melee fighting character until his gear runs out.

Honestly I think PvP should be balanced outside of survival itself, I really don't want to see the overall playstyle of characters changed because they would be to powerful in PvP.

If you are a good wigfrid player, which I know I am, I can take care of anything no matter how much damage it does. I took down a bearger with my spear and magic helmet, nothing else, and only lost minimal HP.

To be exact, I took 24 damage, which I recovered upon the fall of the beast.

If you are a good wigfrid player, which I know I am, I can take care of anything no matter how much damage it does. I took down a bearger with my spear and magic helmet, nothing else, and only lost minimal HP.

In the end it would have more to do with how good the player is at the game in general, not the character. Wigfrid can't kill Maxwell in a fight of simply hitting each other, Maxwell would tank all the damage and kill her first, but if the person playing Wigfrid has a better sense of how combat works, like dodging, healing, and using ranged weapons, they could kill him by other means. Same can be said for the person playing Maxwell, or any other character for that matter.

Wigfrid resists 25% damage. So Maxwell can only deals 13 damage per hit on Wigfrid with helm. The 14th hit will break the helm, and the 15th hit will kill.

Wigfrid's 15th hit will nearly break the armor, 16th hit will destroy the armor and at the same time kill Maxwell. If the 1st hit stuns the enemy, whoever attacks first wins.

But in reality, hitting a human player with a melee weapon is nearly impossible.

Exactly. DST is supposed to be a co-op game and his items make "Waxwell" helpful for the start.

If you want PvP, just set up the rule not to take him. Or wait until Klei releases a PvP mode.

Wigfrid resists 25% damage. So Maxwell can only deals 13 damage per hit on Wigfrid with helm. The 14th hit will break the helm, and the 15th hit will kill.

Wigfrid's 15th hit will nearly break the armor, 16th hit will destroy the armor and at the same time kill Maxwell. If the 1st hit stuns the enemy, whoever attacks first wins.

But in reality, hitting a human player with a melee weapon is nearly impossible.

This.

Archived